Cyber-Hand's Forge

How is production on the Mask of Time going? A dude posted a very accurate version of it as well as a version that is combined with the lower half. SO I was wondering if I should wait for yours or just get his.

1 Like

So is this wip render eventually going to make it’s way onto Shapeways? I understand this topic has stagnated for a while now, but I’ve been anxious as to whether or not you would be updating the listing one last time. I feel the need to ask directly as I’m still not yet certain if you’re 100% done with this project in terms of the base model.

Sorry everyone who has been waiting for the final version of the Mask of Ultimate Power. I have decided that it would be best to wait until those that have won the Art book from the Makuta building completion have gotten their prize. I am hoping that there are images in the book that have a perfect front and side view of the Mask. Sort of like the way the Mask of Creation had a reference sheet released at the start of last year.

Sorry for not making this clear to everyone. hopefully @IllustriousVar will get back to me after he has received his book.

Yeah, I have seen the one you are referring too. It is quite an interesting design and very clever. Honestly I have not had much time to think about the mask or do much other modeling. I have recently started a new job and the hours are long. I wish I had the time to work on the masks the way I did when I first made MoUP.

In other news, since I have a job now I am saving up for the machines needed to do professional metal casting. That means that those that want a solid 14k gold mask (of any design that I own.) I will be able to do that, or in another metal of your choosing.

7 Likes

Another ideas for full Vahi.

man those look really flat.

2 Likes

Why do they always have to slap the G1 mask on its front !?!?!?!
Can’t we have just a plain normal G2 Vahi? :confused:

some people have done that…

and its just as flat as all of the other ones.

2 Likes

Seriously though when you have a flattened image in the comics that doesn’t mean the mask is actually flattened. It doesn’t actually look good flattened…at all. The real mask slopes around the face, just like every other g2 mask. You can even tell by the style of the shadows on the cell shading.

2 Likes

Yep, I agree. The spikes, for example, seem to be angled back, to provide nice coverage, and the forehead to me looks similar to Skull Grinder’s forehead.

I feel like you are trying to tell me something but I can’t put my finger on it. Anyway I thought now that I have finished several commissions I had a little time to work on other things. Like this for example.

Not sure if anyone would be interested but thought I would throw it here none the less. This is just a first try I will continue to alter and tweak the design until I am happy with it. Then I will upload it to shapeways.

30 Likes

Once more, Cyber-Hand proves why he is the true Mask Maker of the Bionicle fandom.

and thus, why he is so awesome.

8 Likes

I would buy this basically immediately if you put it up. That exact design. It looks incredible.

-Mesonak

12 Likes

This is literally so amazing I would buy fifty of those. The side angle is just great.

BTW, why does the mask have the mouth area covered? Shouldn’t it be just empty like in the flat version you made a couple of months ago? Because I know that when Ekimu wears it in the graphic novel it looks like how you made it, but when it’s on the pedestal it’s not. I personally prefer it the way it’s presented on the pedestal.

1 Like

I feel like the top 4 crests should go back like twice as far as they do.
Maybe not that far, but the slope they’re on looks off.

Wow, for sure it’s right now the best upper Vahi we saw, and in fact it’s crates could go back even more.

that

that is a good mask

2 Likes

That looks awesome. I would buy it.
Your amazing Cyberhand :+1:

1 Like

that looks amazing

1 Like

It might have been a little hard to attach it to the head since I needed to add the clip system.

I will be making a version without the mouth section. Though the model works better with it, since it does sit quite high on the face. It also is where the little nub that sits between the mouth and nose sits.

I have moved the fins back more. Was a little tricky since they started wanting to intersect with the head.

Here is a finished print though i have yet to clean it up and make it look better hence where there are little bits sticking off and strings everywhere. I wanted to get the image to you guys as fast as possible.

21 Likes

@Cyber-Hand You did it. Oh my goodness…that looks Exceptional.

What I was referring to was that most previous models people kept making for the mask did not take into account that the mask was a three dimensional object; I kept seeing flat, 2D masks that look ridiculous. You took into account the side profile of the head, which makes this look absurdly awesome. I can’t wait to order one!

1 Like