Cyber-Hand's Forge

Material?

The plastic black strong and flexible

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but I think not. It’ll be a little grainy, but spraypaint will have that effect anyway. If @Cyber-Hand could confirm that’d be cool.

EDIT: Also, normal spray paint should be fine.

1 Like

The oficial masks use ABS I believe where as the strong and flexible material is made from Nylon.

1 Like

I see, and what type of paint should I look for when I want to spray paint them? (I want to commit a bit of “heresy” by painting a Tahu 2015 mask black so I can make the G2 “Tohunga” Makuta) Also should I get some sort of additional chemical spray to use before applying the paint?

1 Like

Just got mine! Looks Fantastic!

4 Likes

Which plastic did you get? Also can you try it on a head?

I believe it was the White,strong, flexible and polished plastic

8 Likes

Is Frost Ultra Detail even smoother than Polished Plastic or are they about the same?

Well that looks fantastic, I got mine in the same material. Are you going to paint yours and how well does it attach to the head?

I plan on painting mine gold. I almost don’t want to now being able to see it in person. It fits the head, a tad bit loose, but it stays. Like someone said above, if you push it a bit farther on then it should be, then it stays put a bit better.

The ultra is a much higher quality but it is more brittle. No one has purchased one yet though.

1 Like

I’m new to 3D printing related stuff. What would you say is the best balance between smoothness and brittleness? I don’t want a mask that feels like lego plastic that will break easily, but I also don’t want a mask that is really durable that feels really rough.

@Cyber-Hand wait, for Shapeways, the website confuses me. Is the model shipped to me, or do I print it myself?

I spy an ice Makuta. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Also, he has [some] eye glow, despite the orientation of the eyeholes. Coolio.)

1 Like

The model is shipped to you in a tiny box.

5 Likes

Really… A tiny box?

A TINY BOX!?

TINY BOXES ARE AMAZING!!![quote=“Sammythekat, post:140, topic:27337, full:true”]
The model is shipped to you in a tiny box.
[/quote]

5 Likes

well, it’s either that, or a bubble mailer.

the mask itself, in the box/bubble mailer is in a plastic baggie.

1 Like

then you probably would love this box:

this must be the tea that Minifigures uses.

9 Likes

I love tea! I love that box! THAT IS AMAZING!!

Now I’m imagining a MoUP in that box

4 Likes