Daft Punk

The famous french electronica/techno/disco/rock/ whatever you want it to be band has some pretty darn good music. This is the topic to discuss it! Personally I love Random Access Memories most of their albums, but they have some other greats too. What’s your favorite song/album? Discuss!

11 Likes

Daft Punk is a pretty cool band. I like most of their music, especially the Tron: Legacy soundtrack.
Here are some of my favorites:

3 Likes

Best electronic band.

2 Likes

Ironically, I adore everything they’ve made that isn’t Homework.

Like, Homework, outside of Around The World, was just meh to me.

The other three albums, and Alive 07 were both gr8 though.

3 Likes

I’m gonna at that Daft Punk is my favorite music group.

I could write a whole essay on how much I love what they make.

I’ll save for morning when I have a real keyboard to type with.

3 Likes

I <3 Daft Punk, probably my favourite music group.

I actually did them for my Music poster assignment, my teacher squealed in awesomeness when she saw it, pretty sure it’s an A to A+.

thx tom and guy for lifting my grades <3.

I have loved all of their albums, even Homework to a degree, with Discovery being my favourite. I loved all of it’s songs, aaaaalll of them.

2 Likes

Some of their songs are repetitive and boring,but they’re gr8 anyway.

My fave and only song I have from them is Get Lucky, which rightly deserves to be a hit

Daft Punk is my second favorite music making group, and my favorite one that is still together.

The other one is Semisonic.

But yeah, Beyond, Touch, Superheroes, Human After All(and the mix of those two with Rock n Roll), and Instant Crush are some of my favorite songs from them.

3 Likes

Daft Punk is definitely in my favorite music list.
My favorite albums are Homework and Human After All.
I like Homework as I grew up listening to house music, trance music, because that was what my mother listened to.
Human After All is just extraordinary with a lot of techniques that they use there, like to sample vocoded voice and make it a leading sound to the whole track.
Of course, Discovery is also a very good album, but a little too poppy to me, and RAM just isn’t my style - there are some great tracks, but overall I never have a real desire to listen it from beginning to an end.

1 Like

I love this movie and the album that comes with it.

1 Like

I pretty much lost all respect for Daft Punk when I discovered they were not a Punk Rock band :expressionless:

Though this is actually pretty good.

1 Like

Why did it take so long for me to find this!?!

Has anyone seen the Random Access Memories collaborators series? Its a good watch if you liked that album.

Does anyone else get rainbow road vibes from listening to voyager?

1 Like

Always.

2 Likes

I’ve only really listened to their TRON stuff, which is fantastic.

I have heard Stronger, which was good. Get Lucky annoys the heck outta me though.

2 Likes

Eyyyyy TRON :sunglasses:. Random Access Memories and Discovery are probably the next best Albums to listen to if you want to get into them. Definitely look up Interstealla 5555 on the internet for Discovery, that’s the best way to listen to it.

1 Like

Daft punk is bae.
I listen to a lot of remixes of their songs too, some of them are neat.

3 Likes

Aren’t Daft Punk songs already kinda remix-ish?

1 Like

Yup.
The remixes are pretty meta.

1 Like

indeeeeeed. But it can make some of their songs even better!

Here’s a Get Lucky mix for ya, maybe it’ll be more your style. =P

3 Likes