Darkest things in Bionicle

So I recently made a topic about the darkest things in HF, and it seemed to do well, so I thought I’d put some dark Bionicle things here.

1. The Bohrok are made from dead people.

2. The OoMN basically runs covert ops for the Great Spirit. Not sure if post-Bara Magna MN would approve of their activities.
    2.5) Toa Tuyet basically gave up on being a Toa in favor of killing people.

3. The Toa Mata exterminated an entire species. There was no mercy.

4. There are no laws. Might makes right.

5 Likes

There were laws in the Matoran Universe. What do you think the Vahki were built for in Metru Nui? They were essentially the police.

6 Likes

Fair, I forgot about those guys. But after their demise, (Mata Nui, Karda Nui, etc…) it was basically just “follow the Turaga.”

Adding one more dark thing I just thought of, the Pit basically served as an OoMN black-site prison.

1 Like

Yeah, and their reputation as being bound to the letter of the law is further corroborated by the emphasis given to Teridax-as-Dume’s secret control over them. It fits pretty exactly.

What’s wrong with that sort of thing, in your opinion? The Vahki are no more legitmate than the Turaga; that said, both avoid operating off of “might makes right”.

The first, and to some extent the second and the third, definitely qualify as dark - typically, facts like the origins of Bohrok and Tuyet’s betrayal that are essentially common knowledge within the fandom are skimmed over with this kind of thing.

To draw this to an end, I’m not sure what you’re referring to with number three. Would ya mind clarifying?

2 Likes

My problem with the Turaga system is the ease with which the powers can be abused. There’s nothing that prevents them from committing atrocities on the Matoran. Clearly, this never happened, nor would the former Toa Metru ever do such a thing, but there is no real “check” that I can see that prevents this sort of thing from happening. If the Piraka had been smaller in stature, it would have made sense for them to pose as Turaga and spread their ills in that way.

As to the Toa exterminating a species, I am referring to the Avohkah, the sentient light creatures in Karda Nui that the OoMN tasked the Toa with eliminating. The Toa did so, simply following the orders of the OoMN, a far cry from Lewa Nuva stopping Jaller from killing an ash-bear. Real world examples include the hunt of the mammoth, the hunt of the buffalo, and a certain type of small bird (can’t remember the name of it, sorry), which is why I included it as being dark.

1 Like

what the Dodo bird?

Can I change the name to “dankest”

4 Likes

I believe the Matoran of Mahri Nui would strongly disagree with that last sentence, seeing as to how, you know, the Turaga of their original village went insane and shipped its entire population off to Karzahni to be rebuilt for little to no reason at all.

1 Like

Oh man, been looking for an excuse to post these since I rediscovered them about a month ago.

The Vahki were terrifying.

14 Likes

No, it was a smaller bird that went extinct in the 1900s I believe. There is one that’s stuffed in a museum or something.

@Timageness, you’re right. The Matoran of Mahri Nui definitely suffered under their Turaga, I had forgotten.

1 Like

Carrier pigeons, perhaps?

2 Likes

The rebuilding is pure evil, I despise it!

First, they dismember zombies (Bohrok), then they dismember awesome people (Mctoran) and mix them together in ways only imaginable by the most horrific of nightmares to create horrific looking hybrids

2 Likes

Turaga Dume sees all = Big Brother is watching you

1 Like

That sounds about right. [quote=“Kumo, post:12, topic:39537”]
the most horrific of nightmares
[/quote]

Welp. I never looked at the rebuilding like that before. That’s dark. Definitely belongs here. I’m not getting any sleep tonight. /s

Lets not forget the time when a bunch of main characters were captured and then released into the wild to be hunted and killed by sapient scorpion men. Or the time where Tuyet was cut in half by a portal. And didn’t some of the toa Mahri aid in the genocide of the visorak? Honestly it amazes me how Lego allowed any of the things that happened in the serials.:imp:

2 Likes

How about that time when a Skakdi was split into two beings, and the second being was insane and murdery?

I’ve always been slightly disturbed by the island of Karzahni, its inhabitants, and Karzahni himself.

“Fire provides no warmth, while the touch of ice burns. Dust falls cascade over mountains while pools of water sit unmoving. Thunder makes no noise, but the sound of a gentle breeze can be deafening.”
— Toa Helryx, World

“The ground screamed at every step; other land features included volcanoes that spewed burning ice and waterfalls made out of dust. If a Matoran were to sit down, the rock upon which the Matoran sat would turn the Matoran into a statue.”
— BS01

And come on, this picture makes it even more creepy.

15 Likes
  1. There was a Matoran Civil War and also a massacre orchestrated by Teridax to bring back order. For a child toy with such a story…
  2. The Bohrok being zombies, that is terryfying.
  3. The fact that some species are exterminated, like the Visorak.
  4. The Grea Beings, plying gods like humans do, and then unable to stop a disaster. A war destroying a planet in 3 parts? Nice isn’t it?
1 Like

Well, I was going to mention Karzahni in this topic as it was a no-brainer, but unsuprisingly it looks like someone beat me to it. It’s a no brainer for obvious reasons, seeing how basically everything about it is disturbing and/or horrifying and It’s basically the Matoran Universe equivalent of Hell for crying in the night.

I can’t even imagine the night terrors this place would have given children if there ever was a movie made based on the 2006 storyline that somehow included it. Even if that happened It probably wouldn’t have been included in the film since it was basically like a side plot. Well, one can always imagine…

I always thought the Rahkshi existing was pretty dark.

Dad: Bedtime. Want me to read to you from your new BIONICLE book?
Child: Yes, please!
Dad: “The Rahkshi were the ultimate hunters. If a Makuta sends a squad after you, all you can do is hope to Mata Nui that they don’t have orders to kill.”
Child: …

1 Like