DarkTakanuva's WIP MoCs

I have some MoCs I’m working on, but I don’t really have the time to finish them at this moment. So I thought that I would post them here, so that you all could give tips and critiques before they’re actually finished.

1. Masks for other MoCs I haven’t started yet.

2-4. This is a Toa of the Green that currently has no name. He is more plant than Toa, so he has a crazy amount of flexibility, and can also regrow parts of his limbs over a period of time. His weapon is made from blackwood and thorns, so he can ■■■■■ it from a glaive (double-ended scythe) into a recurve bow. One half of each type of weapon is shown.

5-6. Emgrar, a Toa of Fire. He used to be reckless, until an accident occurred in a battle and he lost his left arm. He eventually had it replaced with a prosthetic; it is powered by his power of flame, and he can channel that power through it. He wields a sword with no blade; it was made with borrowed technology from an alternate dimension (Kingdom alternate universe) in order to amplify his Toa power and create a blade of pure flame.

1. Koren, a veteran Toa of Ice. Haven’t really started him at all yet, but he carries a shield that Kopaka would be jealous of. Haven’t decided on the size of his sword yet. I want him to be a blend of samurai, knight, and rugged adventurer. I might make him a fur cloak.

8-10. Frost, a robot guardian. Built from ancient technologies and powered by a spark of green fire, he is one with the element of ice. His left hand is relatively normal, his right is a massive tri-claw that can spin. The blades can pivot individually as well; he can form a shield out of it, if he needs to. There eventually will be a look-alike to him, except red and silver instead of white and silver. The red one’s name is Lava.

11-13. My version of Makuta Teridax, from the Bionicle Miramax movie trilogy. The version pictured here is version 5.2. He’s been a project for quite some time. I plan to custom-mold his mask, once I finish his actual build.

12-14. The Mata Nui robot. I plan for it to stand around 5 feet tall, fully poseable; head with opening mouth and moving eyebrows (?), and there will be a gear to turn in the back of his head to make his eyes change colors. There will be space inside his upper torso to place some Bionicle playset figures, as well as insert Power Functions to spin his energy core. The Mask of Life will also shoot out of his chest.

Please give comments.

18 Likes

Toa of the Green: I love the color scheme and the booster rockets! You’re probably already planning to fix this, but his lower arms need work, and his upper arms should be a bit longer to keep proportions.

Emgrar: Decent enough, I suppose. I’ll wait till he’s further along to give a more in-depth analysis, but I will say that aside from the one arm, he looks like a big blob of red. The sword looks fantastic, though!

Koren: THAT SHIELD IS AMAZING HOLY CRAP JUST YES

Frost: Please tell me he turns into a motorcycle… :heart_eyes:

Teridax: Colors are wonky, BUT HOLY CRAP. I love how accurate it is, and that suspension is great! I hope you give him a custom head, too.

Mata-Nui: The scale is definitely impressive, though I hope you aren’t biting off more than you can chew.

She says, the one whose entire modus operandi in life is biting off more than she can chew…

5 Likes

The colors are “wonky” because I built this from scrap parts when I still had most of my sets put back together. Now that I have everything disassembled, I will fix his color scheme so it is properly black/dark red/gunmetal. I intend to custom-mold the movie version of the Kraahkan.

Frost? The plan was for him to either fold up like a Bohrok (as the current plan for him involves a lot of bohrok body parts and rahkshi backs) or turn into some sort of vehicle. So he could be a motorcycle. As I said, he’s still mostly a concept at the moment.

1 Like

HEY! You stole my idea from one of my Mocs (which I have not posted on my Moc Topic yet COUGHandyoushouldtotallygivecriticismtomyMocsorelseaMahiwilldieCOUGH)

ahem

Nice Mocs BTW. Unique builds, and great concepts.
Interesting how you sketch your characters before you Moc them.
That Mata Nui robot is gonna look epic once it’s done, and will surely attract the attention of the holy @Venom , chooser of Mocs.

ALL CREDIT GOES TO ROCKHO CUZ WHY THE HECK NOT

Mata Nui will take a bit to complete because of the amount of school I’m doing at this moment; he probably won’t get done until June of this year. But he will get done. I’ve been planning this second attempt at building him for four years, and I will not give up now.

euf…I didn’t tell to give me credit (that would’ve been rude of me), I asked for you to give criticism to my Mocs because almost nobody has done so (compared to other moc topics).

1 Like

Oops.

ALL CREDIT GOES FROM ROCKHO BACK TO ME

Now, where is this MoC of yours?

1 Like

Search up my name and it should probably come up.

Did it.

it’s nice to see another teridax is being created(simultaneously showing that my teridax’s shoulders aren’t too wide) and I can’t wait to see the finished version. I always liked the movie teridax, you seem to be doing it more justice than anyone elses I’ve seen.

oh, and the other wip mocs are looking good so far.

2 Likes

Toa of the green: That is a weird color scheme. Where are the metallic green pieces from? He definitely needs to have some more armor on his arms, and some better form of transition from his midsection to his shoulders.

Emgrar looks pretty legit so far, I like the prosthetic arm.

Teridax: Does the movie version have blue? I don’t like how he looks in the color department, but I’m willing to let that slide as part of the WIP stage. I dig the torso armor but the rest doesn’t look good to me.

Lastly, GSR is shaping up quite well, looking forward to the finished product.

1 Like

Metallic green: I got it from a really old Technic set: the 4x4 Offroader.
I’m still working out his final appearance.

Teridax is currently a prototype; I didn’t have the right pieces in the right colors available at the time I built him, but it will be fixed for the final version.

1 Like

good luck with that mata nui robot, frost, and Makuta, good god that shield is fantastic

1 Like

These look real good. Can’t wait to see how they look finished

1 Like

Makes sense. :smile:

[quote=“DarkTakanuva, post:3, topic:7349”]
Frost? The plan was for him to either fold up like a Bohrok (as the current plan for him involves a lot of bohrok body parts and rahkshi backs) or turn into some sort of vehicle. So he could be a motorcycle. As I said, he’s still mostly a concept at the moment.
[/quote] Well, the reason I asked was this:

6 Likes

Roboraiders! Slizers are better

Ehmeemnem

WiP-s look legit, are you sure that those mata-blue Panels exist in gray/oldgray/red/darkred/somedarkcolourthatisnotblack? :G

They’re going to be black.

EDIT: I just checked Bricklink, and they are available in pearl dark grey, but I don’t really feel that it is necessary to order the parts at this time.

HELLS!!!

Ekhemenem

Well, its fine with me! Its your moc!

Here’s an update on Teridax:

Also, the most recent version (4.0 to be exact) if anyone’s interested. It doesn’t show a lot, but whatever:

I’m going to go back through later and replace all the blue and light grey pins with black ones.

12 Likes

whoa, that looks much better!

1 Like