DarkTakanuva's WIP MoCs

Very nice. Looks just like the movie

1 Like

Another update for Teridax:

I redesigned the feet from the 4.0 version to make them more stable and look even closer to the movie, and he can stand; surprisingly stable too. I also made his staff.

One thing that bugged me about his staff in the movie is that sometimes the tip pointed straight out, and sometimes it was at a ninety-degree angle to the pole. I fixed it so I can easily switch it between both versions.

Another update will becoming sometime this week.

4 Likes

How about if he stands on HARDWOOD FLOOR?!?!

Anyways, looks amazingly complex, yet clean at the same time.

Can’t wait how he turns out!

I already tested that. He’s even more stable. :stuck_out_tongue:

That head was my version of the Kraahkan on the 1.0 version of him. Rather odd, but version 1.0 was odd also.

The white on him will be removed; haven’t gotten to it yet because it’s locked inside his body.

1 Like

Lol I know that feel, man. When you MOC up something really complex, then find out that something you don’t like resides in the skeleton of the MOC, so you have to take apart everything again in order to get that one piece out. This is the reason why most of my 08 parts, and even technic connectors are cracked beyond repair.

1 Like

Another update is coming… today!

I rigged up something to attach his arms on, and replaced the white pieces with black ones.

I can’t make his fingers yet, because I am lacking the pieces to do so.

8 Likes

I wonder what the ultimate dume kanohi would look like on him?

3 Likes

Interesting.

I’m planning to custom mold the movie version of the Kanohi Kraahkan during the summer.

1 Like

Seeing Taridax revamps makes me sad… wish I had a Krahkan or some sort of Makuta mask :sob:

1 Like

So, I’m stopped on Teridax for now; I have an update for Koren, Toa of Ice.

Weapons.

I might tinker around with his sword a little more before I’m satisfied with it, though.

6 Likes

Good start. But that shield…though it pulls off the snowflake look excellently, I keep seeing them as separate parts. Maybe tacking on some white/trans blue on the shield would solidify its look.

2 Likes

That Teridax is looking fantastic, and that ice blade is just gorgeous. Very nice job!

1 Like

that ice blade and that shield are just… wow

teridax looks all kinds of awesome I cannot even describe it

1 Like

Another update (sort of).

Not much this time around; just someone’s head. His name is Slag; he’s an ancient warrior who is supposed to appear melted: hence, no facial features. The main reason for him build-wise was to finally put the squid launchers to good use.

Something else; I have an idea for an ultimate enemy. Nothing is on paper or even assembled yet, but I have an idea. There is someone who my self-MoC used to know, someone who was a very good friend, who one day turned evil. He created modified Baterra; not only can they ■■■■■■■■■■■ themselves, but also their weapons. They are all linked through the transmission of data; what one knows, they all know. They only cease transmitting if they are completely rendered unuseable; if their transmitter is still intact, they will inform their brethren on how they were defeated, and the others will learn how to counter that attack. They learn from your fighting style, and if they learn how you fight, then they will learn how to kill you.

They are immune to elemental attacks; any elemental energy used against them they can copy and use for themselves. They can also meld with other machinery in order to upgrade themselves. These are their only two traits that are not linked. If one upgrades, the others will not receive it.

Their name comes from three words; novo (latin for change), apto (latin for adapt), and Toa.

They are the Novatoa.

3 Likes

I am intrigued. Are you going to make all the armor drooping down to add that effect?

…I thought it was impossible…I hope all turns out well…

Can’t their weapons already ■■■■■■■■■■?

1 Like

Couldn’t remember; decided to be sure.

Slag’s not going to be drooping that much; mostly just smooth armor. He will be sort of bottom heavy; his legs will be a bit larger to emphasize that metal has run down and solidified.

He’s very fast: codename Quicksilver. Also, he’s blind.

3 Likes

the dinobot?

2 Likes

NO.

The ancient warrior who’s all silver and blind and is faster and better than that guy.

3 Likes

[quote=“DarkTakanuva, post:38, topic:7349”]
and better than that guy.
[/quote] :angry:HOW DARE YOU! Slug/slag is amazing!

4 Likes

Don’t forget that he was Snarl in TFA

2 Likes