Decepticonaiden’s Inks!

So, the other day, I went out and forgot my pencil, so I decided to draw in ink without a sketch for the first time. So, I did up some concept art of two of my characters, Nitro and Network. I think it went pretty well!

(Also, trying a new way of posting my art)

26 Likes

Wow these look amazing!

1 Like

Thanks you!

I could never work with just ink… the very thought gives me shudders. Props to you for pulling it off flawlessly! These are great.

2 Likes

Very nice. Those are some good lookin’ decepticons. :+1: I think your use of pen and ink was also executed very well.

1 Like

@Sabretooth Thanks! I think the trick is to draw so roughly that it doesn’t matter if you make a mistake. The real challenge will come in when I try something more final

@ToaKylerak Thank you! Also, just a little thing, but the second one is an Autobot

2 Likes

Ooh, very cool. The detail and shading is all there without making the drawings look too messy or cluttered. Great work!

1 Like

Network looks like a buff Whirl to me.

2 Likes

Exactly, just with more depression and alcoholism

jeez, you’re really good at drawing.

so, good job! i was thinking about getting an ink pen set a while ago, but i don’t draw enough where it would be worth it.

1 Like

You should definitely still get one!

1 Like

mebbe I will… after I buy me a lego set.

sanctorum showdown, anybody?

anyways… drawing has always been fun! maybe you should post a tutorial on how to draw gud stuff.

1 Like

Maybe, but I suck at teaching people. (Although, I did want to make a joke tutorial for April fools)

1 Like

just started a decepticon sketch…

any tips for drawing transformers?

1 Like

I guess if I had to give some suggestions, I’d tell you to play with proportions a bit. Transformers have somewhat Gundam like proportions. Also, think about how everything would move. Like, make sure that parts don’t clash if they were to move. Another thing I would tell you to do is to look at Transformers shows and comics and see how they draw them. Learn the rules and common characteristics

1 Like

ok, thanks!

I have several (4) comics, I’ll practice drawing those guys.

1 Like

Personally, I take a lot of inspiration from Alex Milne, but I try and put my own spin on it. Like, I love to exaggerate proportions

I don’t know what I like yet… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow. These are absolutely amazing. I especially love the absolute monolith of a bot Network is.

1 Like

Honestly, at first I thought he was too big, but then as I kept working, I realized the he was perfect

1 Like