Deception of the 8th Toa?

Lets just all agree on him not having short legs to start another discussion.

What about an Avatar of a 3rd/forgotten god?

I would like him to hold a certian Lovecraftian theme with him.

The only reason he was supposed to ever be a fake Toa, was because that’s the kinda of trickery we thought to expect from Karrzhani, he wasn’t supposed to come in and make a huge difference, He’s not supposed to be the permanent 8th Toa, he’s more of an evil henchmen, who is briefly believed to be on the good side. He wouldn’t carry an entire arc, he’d be more of a sub-plot, like Boba Fett, rather than Darth Vader. For example-

If anyone’s ever seen Coke Lyoko, a french anime I watched as a kid, there’s always the main heroes that go into the digital world- THEN they introduce a new one, but her reveals himself as a spy for the monster in the digital world.

That’s what I’m trying to explain, he’s not supposed to be a main character, nor will he have any major impact on the story. He’s just another supporting villain, he’s a challenge for the heroes to overcome. People aren’t always what you think, and all that. He isn’t a real toa, it’s just lead to believe he is when he first appears, it’s a charade.

We’re not introducing a new Toa, we’re introducing a villain who pretends to be one, and is caught and defeated.

Who would the audience ever trust more than a Toa? one of the heroes they’ve come to trust. then, shortly after first appearance, HE’S EVIL!
GASP

He’s not an 8th Toa, he pretends to be one, he lies.

But regardless, It looks like you’re not really interested in him, as he is. Poor Mariko.
I’m open to him resurfacing as a stand alone villain, and I’m sure @ZceeNook is too.

2 Likes

Time to get a concept of Voriki out too.

1 Like

I like it. However, while the head looks cool, it makes him look less Toa-like. I’m not sure if he would be fooling anyone.

We have an explanation for that, he claims to have contracted a disease or virus, (like the hoardiaka mutations.) And give other vague reasons for his “deformities” like having acid spit at him, or other things.

2 Likes

Im just throwing this out there as an idea for how you could incorporate an 8th toa into the story. What if the toa trusted this fake 8th toa during around the beginning of year 2 of brickonicle because he showed them he was an okay guy through his actions and disguising himself.
But then its revealed as you guys have stated that hes from karzhani and evil. Then maybe he could do that thing where he embraces the light but is rejected and goes off on his own, then we stop there and do something that bionicle did which was to let their fans build on top of that character.
This could also lead into how voriki’s interactions with the toa will be later. Since they’ve already tried to trust the fake 8th toa and it was revealed he was secretly evil, then voriki must prove herself to the toa which could make for a much more interesting interaction between all of the toa.

1 Like

I don’t expect much about Karzahni to pop up. but it would be cool.

1 Like

Why artarka without Karzhani