Define your MOCing style

I generally try to get cohesion out of many textures. Some smooth, others with bumps and frills. So generally the majority of the build is made of CCBS and regular bricks, with some G1 pieces to keep everything together and maintain the feel.

Well,I mainly use CCBS armor plates for limbs and I use Technic pieces and Specialized Bionicle parts like Metru waists and Armor
Exmaples:
Angel

Toa Mata Revamps

So,at the end of the Day, greebly is kind of what I mostly use

3 Likes

focus on design and simplicity.

Okay, let me add an addendum to my MoCcing style I discovered a while ago:
When prefab fails, I try custom.

1 Like

I donā€™t think I have a style, Iā€™ve done almost everything in the book.
But I do prefer CCBS combined with technic.
And mata feet. Mata feet everywhere.

1 Like

I do what I want and fail most of the time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m good with custom weapons, minifigures, and small vehicles.

I also tend to do stellar when I limit the pieces I can use. For some reason when I use my whole collection to build a larger project I tend to not be satisfied with the result.

2 Likes

*Only made one MOC

Since Iā€™m primarily a System Moccer nowadays, I should probably update this.

I donā€™t really know why, but I like to make ridiculous or stupid shtuff. It just fits my fancy.

1 Like

I think I have figured it out
perhaps a singular word, to sum up my entire mocing skill, and style

ā€œbadā€

6 Likes

A failure, need I say more?

I usually go with a mix of simplicity with a humanoid robotic design. Like my selfmoc for a example

1 Like

I try to put in as much posablity as possible, which sometimes ends up making my MOCS huge. I also try to put in as much detail as I can with minifig tools ect.

1 Like

I generally make whatever pops into my head while Iā€™m bored. I use smooth ascetic with greebles hidden underneath and where I want to highlight something on the MOC such as more armored areas. And then I cry cause I donā€™t have the parts and am too broke to make a bricklink order ;-;

1 Like

My MOCing Style: I try to take the CCBS System, and add my own technic and system flare. I always try to do something interesting, and take inspiration from other MOCists. Kind of like the SW 2016 sets. I usually like doing small scale MOCs, and revamps.

2 Likes

Simple. And bulky

All of my mocs have technic somehow integrated into them though itā€™s usually a light amount. Most of my Toa mocs use a technic beam to lengthen their bodies so their limbs arenā€™t so long. My self moc uses some technic in order for his shoulders to be attached to his body and another moc uses some technic to keep his body together. Almost all of my mocs have the greebly G1 look to them but a couple have some CCBS in them, mainly my self moc who has CCBS limbs and a custom technic/greebly body.

I tend to swing between ccbs and the old bionicle parts for armoring but the limbs are usually pretty bulky as well as the rest of the moc, some overly exposed technic, generic color choices, color placement that ranges from bad to decent, but overall pretty decent overall shape. When using ccbs the moc will contain few greebled portions, but when ysing old bionicle armor, expect the parts to do the job for me while a few extra details are added. Genrally no prefab limbs (excluding ccbs limbs) will be used. Tons of ā€œillegalā€ techniques will be used, and a lot pf rehashed designs (working in changing that). The slizer foot happens to be my best friend when it comes to moccing, nearly all, if not all, mocs of mine use them. To sum it up, mocs are generally bulky, ranging from moderately smooth to greebly, poor color choices, okay placement, standard articulation, and some okay overall shaping (if you look from a distance and you arent seeing individual details, thatā€™s what I mean, nowhere near close to the stuff on flickrā€¦)
In the end my mocs are fairly decent but fall short of greatness due to some bad design decisions on my end.

I think most of my mocs are simple ccbs but i very much prefer system building

7 Likes

Smooth, and not hugely complex, but tends to look good.
I always try to make good color schemes (unless the backstory sys otherwise), balance them, and make it as good-looking as I can for a fairly basic build. Iā€™m working on improving my complexity.

1 Like