Delusions of Grandeur - A Star Wars RP - Sign Up

http://oldhatcreative.com/sites/default/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=GC0cDPZt

welcome to the Delusions of Grandeur
The new Star Wars RP! Since the last one ended up having the host banned, I decided to make a new one with set-up rules and jazz.

Storyline: After the Alliance of Free Systems had destroyed the second Death Star, the Empire was in turmoil as it’s residents began to to rebel against them. It was especially humiliating after the defeat of the Battle of Jakku. However, the Empire has still got a card up their sleeves, even as it gets constantly divided.

In this slow collapse of the empire, there are no Jedi, and no Sith to control everything. Only the people of the galaxy fighting for their lives and for their futures. What will become of these people? That is what YOU, the player, has to decide, as the Empire goes after it’s delusions of grandeur.

I will assign you people to your stations of several different planets.

#RULES:

• No “Space Hopping:” You can’t just say “I’m going to this planet now!” unless you get permission by me. Please remain on your planets unless it is absolutely necessary! I’ll be picking the locations, you guys get to interact.
  • No Jedi or Sith: DO NOT KILL ME FOR THIS ONE! The storyline during the time, the Sith are destroyed and Luke is the last of the Jedi and is training new Jedi. I want to avoid Force users so we have a much more interesting take on an RP.
  • Please keep out of character parts clearly marked!
  • Don’t be lame and decide to kill other people’s characters unless it’s absolutely allowed by them. You have every right to injure them, however, they need to respond in a post if you’re going to be injured. Do NOT keep saying you avoid injury. Don’t spam dodges, either. Also, please, don’t say you made a shot from a different planet and got it to kill someone else from another one. That’s ridiculous.
  • In addition, don’t attack or kill inactive people, unless they say they’re OK with it.
  • Follow the board rules! Double posting, NSFW, and actual fights are not allowed. Be civil!
  • Please follow the path that the story is following! It would be a shame if you guys tried to go off the intended story. I will be adding things to make the story juicer.
  • Don’t constantly @ me! I have a life too you know. :cry:
  • You can only have 4 NPC characters, but you cannot PLAY as them. They’re only your lackies.
  • Please ask if you want to use a canon character! I’ve established leader characters so you’d need to ask to use an actual character.

More rules may be added, but these are all I can think of for now.

#Health System

Yes there is a health system. Here’s how it works:
Everyone gets 50 HP to start out with.

• Weapons like blasters will affect the players depending on where they are shot. If it’s at the lower region of the body, it’s 10. If it’s the upper region, then 15.
  • Thermal Detonators reduce 20 points.
  • Light-sabers are very tricky. If it’s upper body slice, it’s 30. If it’s lower body slice, then 20. If it’s a poke or burn, then 10.
  • Anything else I’ll let you know.

You can REGAIN health with things like medi-packs and food. Depending on the food or health pack or repair thingy, you can get 5-30 health restored. 30 is the maximum.

You need to buy new resources and stuff. You each start out with 1000 credits. I’ll give you store options for prices.

But don’t over-do it with getting supplies at stores. You can also find them in the battle field if I offer it while over-seeing the game. Other characters can be killed for their resources, too!

Vehicles:
-Light vehicles have 50 health.
-Heavy vehicles have 100 health.

#PARAMETERS FOR CHARACTER CREATION:
-It needs to be a sapient species. Yes, ewoks and gungans are allowed, but things like the Zilo Beast or Sarlacc are NOT.
-No Force Users! People can be force sensitive but they can’t be using Jedi powers.
-You are only allowed 2 characters. Hopefully that won’t be confusing.
-NOT EVERYONE can be a bounty hunter or a scoundrel. Please consider more options! Star Wars is a vast universe!
-Droids are allowed!
-No immortal characters, please!
-You cannot have Super Weapons (i.e. Death Star or Star Killer Base).
-You have to ASK if you want to be a leader of a group. So if you want to be a leader of a group of Bounty Hunters, you’d need to get my permission.

How to set it up:
Name:
Species:
Age (optional):
Vehicle:
Class:
Bio:
Quote (Optional):

Classes:
For Imperials, there would be Infantry, Scouts, Pilots, Officer, General, Admiral (one is taken), Grand Admiral (Not up for grabs), and Grand Moff.

For rebels, we have infantry, scouts, pilots, officers and generals.

For neutral, we have citizen, smuggler, and Bounty Hunter.

The RP will start when I announce it. There can only be around 30 characters! So space is limited unless I allow it to go bigger. I will assign the planets you will be on.

THE PLANETS and MOONS: Bespin (with Cloud City as an imperial base), Utapu, Sullest, the Forrest Moon of Endor (newly-established Rebel Base), Yavin 4, Naar Shaddaa.

9 Likes

Can I have NPC’s I control? Like a squad of troopers that have no names?

Hmmm… Sure. I’ll only allow 4 though.

Great!
Name: Winter, (it’s easy to remember)
Species: Human,
Weapons: DC-17 blaster, Knife in gauntlet, Blue and orange armour
Vehicle: Custom Starfighter (Won’t be used to leave atmosphere unless allowed to)
Bio: A Mandalorian recruited by the Empire to train stormtroopers, he became sergeant of a squad of troopers
Class: Sergeant

1 Like

@Winterstorm345 May want to add gender and class to your characters. I just added those parameters.

#Imperial Leader
Name: Jocal Whittal
Species: Human
Weapons: E-11 Blaster Rifle, 3 Thermal Detonators.
Vehicle: Imperial Shuttle named the “War Banger.”
Class: Imperial Admiral.
Bio: Jocal Whittal is an Imperial officer who was devoted to the cause of the Empire. Eventually he became a powerful Imperial Admiral and seeks to become the Grand Admiral and then a Grand Moff. However, these are only his aspirations.
Appearance: Ginger hair, excellent side-burns. Tall. Has a beard.
Quote: “The Empire may be struggling, but we will win. No matter the cost.”

#Rebel Leader
Name: Flan Quest.
Weapons: A280 blaster rifle, thermal detonators.
Vehicle: A-Wing
Class: General
Bio: A major fighter for the Rebel Alliance, she was a pilot that helped bomb imperial troops on Hoth during the Battle of Hoth. Eventually she led an attack on the planet of Sullest and managed to destroy a package supply for AT-ATs for the Empire. She was rewarded as a general and is currently situated on Endor, the current Rebel Base.
Quote: “The fallen Empire has nothing but delusions of grandeur. They lost at Jakku, they’ll lose here.”

1 Like

First, I want to say this looks :ok_hand:.
Second, I want to sign up as a character of my own creation:
Name: Jed
Species: Altered Human
Weapons:

Vehicle: Modified BARC speeder and:

Class: Former Soldier (Officer)
Bio:
He was experimented on by Kaminoan scientists, causing him to have a slight increase in reaction time, stamina, and strength.
He was given orange and black clone commando armour by the Kaminoans, then left on his own.
He discovered that his aging was slowed, nearly to a stop.
After all this, he joined the resistance/rebel alliance.
Quote:
“I need to have honor. If I don’t, then, what am I? Just another thug in a war with no end? No. I must have honour.”
###Rebel.

I might join. Something seems more restricted about this than other typical RP’s. Maybe it’s the fact that there’s actually a damage and money system.

2 Likes

Name: Piknon
Species: Ewok
Age: 13 (they reach maturity at 14 so this is reasonable)
Weapons: a gernade launcher and a Ewok crossbow that can fire almost anything.
Vehicle: propelled Ewok glider
Class: demolitions/scouts
Bio: he’s an Ewok who left with the rebels after the deathstar explosion to join the rebels. He is very light hearted, but can stay focused if needed.
Quote: “Yub nub”

3 Likes

Name: Aillu (Pronounced Ile-U)
Species: Ithorian
Age (optional):-
Weapons: Black Market Blaster Rifle he’s named Nerfherder
Vehicle: Degraded Republic Cruiser (Though it could hold a crew, he chooses to keep it like Han, solo.)
Class: Pilot
Bio: Aillu was born to a royal family on a mining planet, but the Empire eradicated the royals when he was young. Vader left him as the sole survivor. He took the family ship, but an encounter with pirates left it useless. He knows owns a broken down Consular-class cruiser. He uses a translator around his neck to speak with those who speak basic.
Quote (Optional): “I really, really, hope that’s not a pirate.”

Ok, I see a lot of these role plays going around on the boards, and I have yet to join any of them because I don’t fully understand how they work…

Can someone explain this to me?

Name: yann
Species: Chiss
Weapons: Gaderiffi
Vehicle: Personalized Classic TIE Fighter
Class: Mercenary
Bio: After the separatists became the empire A high operative of the separatists decides to leave before the empire takes form and becomes a mercenary for money.
@Omega_Tahu

Amazing
@Xevins

Noted :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Name: Xev Gather
Equipment: He wears a suit of armor created from various parts of storm-trooper and mandalorian armor.

His blaster of choice is a E-11 long range blaster that has been modified to be lighter weight and have a bit larger magazine size. He also keeps about half a dozen grenades of a small variety around should the need arise.

Vehicle: He owns a Dynamic class freighter. It has been modified to have a larger cargo space and some extra armor.

Bio: Xev is a merc with morality. He will take any job as long as it fits with his conscience. Over the years he has run anything from cargo to people to weapons from place to place for both the alliance and independent factions. He is something of an oppurtunist. Whenever possible he will try to loot a battlefield for parts to fix his ship and his equipment.

Quote: “I better get something cool out of this”.[quote=“Pak, post:11, topic:22015”]
Yuuzhan Vong
[/quote]

The Yuuzhan were not seen in the galaxy until much after ep: 6. They also are religiously against anyone who uses technology. That being said this is @chronicler’s rp so he makes the decision.

See here:

You do realize that you drive a Tie-Fighter right? and that your species hasn’t been seen AT ALL yet? right?

1 Like

Question

are there any Limits on the Species we could be

Yo, Can I be a scout trooper? Can I be a badguy?

Hence why I changed it…

Name: Noric Kat
Species: Twi-lek
Gender male
Age 22
Equipment: Armor made from scrapped clone and scarab trooper and a DE-10 blaster pistol
Ship: Corellian cruiser
bio: Once part of the rebel alliance, he left it when his sister was killed in the battle of hoth, as his platoon was slaughtered by a squad of snowtroopers, he was barely able to escape
Quote: If you run away, you live another day

As stated above, as long as it’s sapient and doesn’t have force powers, it should be OK.

It’s explained pretty well above.

Basically you have 50 points for life, so if you lose all of that for a character they’re dead. You can get injured by different weapons and you can gain health through food or medipacs.

This is going to be more linear for the plot, AKA I’m going to try and drive it somewhere so it doesn’t go all bizarre and out-of-place like a lot of them. It’s a bit different than most RPs, but I also want this one to work out fine.

1 Like

I get that part, I’m more concerned with how you play? Like, I understand how table top RPG’s work, but I don’t exactly see how this works mechanically…

1 Like

It’s not too different from other RPs on the boards.

Basically I assign each of you to a planet and you interact like a normal RP. I will probably set you guys up in a troublesome situation and you have to deal with how to get out of it, or you’ll come across a certain place or another player’s character.

I’ll have a good amount of control to lead the plot but you guys can also do stuff, too. I’ll put opposing teams on different planets (assuming we also have a tiny bit more imperials) to fight eachother.

Considering that canon has been wiped out, I’ll say it’s OK.

Also, 9 people so far. May want more or less.

I’m also interested to see people take the imperial side, too!

2 Likes