Destiny 2

guys

DESTNINY TWO HYYYYYPE

40 minutes for me until i can play the early beta

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking about picking it up, Iā€™m definitely not pre ordering, that kill tracker ghost thing really rubs me the wrong way for some reason it just seems really scummy. Tracking your kills should just be in the game not some pre order bonus.
It seems like theyā€™ve fixed the single player issue if so thatā€™s great. Iā€™m not a huge fan of how the guardian is a silent protagonist, I feel like weā€™ve moved past that in video games. I want a character I can get invested in. I feel like Cade-6 is easily the most interesting character in the game probably because heā€™s voiced by an incredibly talented actor in Nathan Fillion. So I just wish I could play as Cade. Also when are the going to add in space battles I want the ship that I earned to mean something and not just a thing to look at during a loading screen.

1 Like

Picking up my copy on Friday. My biggest issue with the first game was itā€™s poor storytelling, and Iā€™ve heard Destiny 2 has greatly improved in that aspect.

Iā€™ve also been listening to the OST on Bungieā€™s Youtube channel. It is beautiful.

1 Like

My god youā€™re right, I want that soundtrack more than the actual game, which I will pick up but itā€™s second on my list of games I should play behind uncharted the lost legacy.

1 Like

Iā€™m probably about halfway through the campaign, loving it so far. Gameplayā€™s great, and the storyā€™s gripping.

1 Like

I just picked it up, Iā€™m excited to play it. Itā€™s still updating so I canā€™t play it.

I think Iā€™m halfway done with the main story, but Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™ve heard itā€™s lengthy, but good. So far the storytelling is leaps and bounds better than the first game, now that half of the plot isnā€™t being told through cryptic trading cards. I havenā€™t gotten to the Crucible yet, but the beta had a better balance of gunplay and subclass abilities than the first, too.

My verdict: If you enjoyed the first Destiny, then D2 is a must buy. If not, Iā€™d rent it first to see if the changes Bungie made were enough for you.

1 Like

They improved every single character except for the one you play as. Iā€™m getting sick of silent protagonists, I honestly think we have moved past that in games.

1 Like

I genuinely enjoyed this game when it launched. I bought it on impulse a few days after it came out, and I had a great time. It took me a while, but I achieved my perfect style, and thenā€¦ I stopped playing. I donā€™t have the social skills to have done the raid, and after reaching a perfect appearance, I had no motivation left.

I intended to go back when the dlc came out, but then I heard story after story about all the horrible anticonsumer things they doing, and I found myself with very little reason to pick it up again.

1 Like

I think that is the biggest reason why people arenā€™t playing it, because theyā€™ve done everything and donā€™t really want to do anything else. I was considering getting the game but after all Iā€™ve heard I donā€™t really want to.

1 Like

I know Destiny has been practically dead lately, but that new trailer is making me consider playing again. RIP Cayde. You will be avenged.

The trailer made me make the switch from D1 to D2.

1 Like

Is forsaken any good?

them bows

Donā€™t play destiny but RIP Cayde

So far, forsaken is alright. Itā€™s story is possibly the best one yet (however sine the last four were fecal matter, thatā€™s not saying much). However, I myself am enjoying the new experience so far. Iā€™d suggest waiting a bit to hear someone elseā€™s more in-depth review.

The last three, you mean? ;D

RoI wasnā€™t as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

As far as Forsaken goes, I could write an essay. What it did right, what it did wrong. The Story is great but the hamfisted handling of Morality felt very off to me, and turned Ghost into one of my least favourite characters in the game (And considering thereā€™s maybe 5 characters totalā€¦). The Dreaming City is amazing but I wish theyā€™d advertised it less, the impact of the zone wouldā€™ve been enormous if we didnā€™t already know it was coming.

On the subject of the Dreaming City, itā€™s everything Iā€™ve ever wanted out of Destiny. A deceptively massive patrol zone with no end of things to do, even if those things are literally jumping on rocks to see if thereā€™s a secret up there. I love it an unreasonable amount and I pray that the next expansion or installment of the series captures this gameplay again - Vast patrol spaces are awesome until you realize there isnā€™t anything compelling about them and you spend 99 percent of your time running through them to get to the next event.

And donā€™t even get me started on the Lore. We finally have IN GAME lore, and muh gawd is it everything I ever wanted out of this universe.

The gameplay is amazing, loving the changes made to weapons, so far so ridiculously fun.

~Hawkeye

1 Like

With lines like this itā€™s not hard to see why people thought itā€™s story was bad

Story =/= Dialogue.

I never said its Dialogue was amazing. If we go by that metric alone then Thereā€™s a lot of games out there that have terrible stories.

The STORY of RoI in and of itself, that being: The Rise of the New Iron Lords and the SIVA Crisis, was not terrible. was it as good as Taken King? Maybe not, but then Destiny as a whole wasnā€™t as good as Taken King.

Once again, I could write an essay on what I do and donā€™t like about Destiny as a whole, the Lore being a like and the Dialogue (or lack thereof) being a dislike. Doesnā€™t mean the story is bad :wink:

If a good story is conveyed through bad dialogue is it still a good story? While good dialogue can support a bad story, bad dialogue will crash a good one

I would certainly argue a few pieces of bad dialogue in an otherwise solid story donā€™t make the entire package terrible yes.

Bad Dialogue can certainly detract from a good story, but given the fact that Iā€™ve played Destiny since it Launched Iā€™ll take RoIā€™s occasionally stilted Dialogue over the steaming pile of hot garbage that was The Dark Below.

Besides - an argument can be made that the writing of that line isnā€™t whatā€™s bad, itā€™s the delivery. In which case, again, detracts from but doesnā€™t completely ruin. Every movie, TV show, Game, or Book has at bare minimum one terrible line of dialogue, tis just how these things go.