Destiny 2

I’ve played since launch as well, beta technically, if you count that and if you compair anything to the dark bellow it’ll look good. While ROI is certainly one of the best dlcs it’s content is what made it great, not the story. For example, Siva, evil nanotech is horribly cliche and has no buildup in any of Destiny which you’d think would get at least one grimoire card, and while if it had been a new threat that may have been fine, but doing something as significant as killing the iron lords? Someone should have known about that prior to roi.

As for the dialogue I’d have to replay it, but I don’t recall any good lines in there

To be fair, I believe it’s heavily understated the exact timeline of Destiny. The Iron Lords existed before the Tower, Saladin isn’t exactly a regular fixture - The lore right up until Rise of Iron painted them as semi mythical figures, the same way the former Vanguard members like Osiris and Saint-14 were.

Someone did. Saladin. Who kept watch over it and (presumably) killed anyone who was close to uncovering the truth/releasing SIVA that he didn’t trust. An Immortal Guardian who taught Zavala AND Shaxx (ergo the two Titan Mentors), who wants something kept hidden? I’ll tell you right now, he’s not sitting around during the three weeks he’s not in the tower. Destiny’s timeline isn’t measured in decades, it’s centuries. One has to be cognizant of the fact that Saladin is, at bare minimum, four to five hundred years old.

Also, if you read the description for Glimmer, evil Nano-tech totally had a buildup/was implied. Just in the background. Glimmer is basically non-evil SIVA.

Believe me Ace, no one has more criticisms of Destiny’s story than me, I just happen to also be the Loremaster of all the groups I game with :stuck_out_tongue: There’s a LOT of stuff hidden away and inferred if you just take the time to sit down and think about it, it’s one of the few things I truly love about Destiny.

Examples being Dredgen Yor and Shin Malphur, The Book of Sorrows, Osiris’ and Saint-14 and the Vault of Glass etc etc etc. I won’t Deny Rise of Iron’s story wasn’t exactly strong by any means, but for a DLC expansion to a MMO shooter with a history of exceptionally terrible story content? It wasn’t as bad as everyone would have you believe.

1 Like

I was a loremaster once, but I’ve long given up on the game[quote=“Kini_Hawkeye, post:42, topic:35439”]
Someone did. Saladin.
[/quote]

I know that, the statement was towards others, what I didn’t know was;

I thought they were there towards it’s beginnings, with them Trying to use Siva to help the city, though I’ve been wrong before

A story should be able to be held up on it’s own not by the quality (or lack thereof) of it’s predecessors

The reason the Siva got out was because they tried to find Golden Age tech that could help build the city yeah, but that was again, 4-5 hundred years ago at least. Guardians are the only Immortal ones which means that likely the only people who would have remembered would be, excepting the Iron Lords, people like Zavala, Shaxx, and the Speaker, all of whom are exceptionally good at keeping secrets.

I’m not disagreeing that the story should be able to hold up on its own, I just think that it does. It’s a little rocky at parts sure, but it’s not, again, as terrible as people would have you believe. People talk about it like it’s complete garbage and it isn’t.

3 Likes

Well I’d disagree, but to each their own

On which platform do you bois play D2 ?

Xbox.

Also, I just got Forsaken, and it is amazing. Definitely the best Destiny haz been since taken king. Also (spoilers) I can talk! Heck yeah! It’s only been four years!

Playstation 4

I bought forsaken, but never even finished the campaign. I don’t mean to be that guy, but just when it came out warframe had sucked me back in (seemingly for good this time). It’s kind of shame, as it seemed pretty cool. I especially liked the designs of the barons

2 Likes

Recently got and became severely addicted to both gsmes

1 Like

What’s everyone’s opinion on shadowkeep and the current season?

Crucible was a favorite pastime between my girlfriend and i until her Xbox broke.

EDIT: Playing through Shadowkeep and just finished the Dreambane armor

1 Like

Been playing since Shadowkeep came out, honestly playing World of Warcraft (and then WoW Classic) before coming to this numbed me to how much I had to get through to really catch up to all my friends in terms of collections. Definitely some boring points in playing the game but overall I’m pretty happy with Halo-style shooter that offers a pretty wide variety of activities.

Dungeon Report :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I hate destiny 2. It’s not fun, and it drains my body and soul of all life.

but I can’t stop playing

1 Like

Anyone else notice how ugly the last two iron banner sets have been

Implying I’d wear Iron Banner sets anyways

1 Like

Iron banner used to look sick tho. Trague I think was my favorite. Will was my first

Nah there are definitely some good ones but the only time I wore one was because of the stats, and then I slapped on an ornament anyways

1 Like

Yeah. I need to get my mobility up. A hunter with only 50-60 mobility… I feel ashamed

You should be embarrassed. You need that dodge to come back asap

1 Like