Destiny!

I heard vuhii say its multiplayer could be almost as great as halos
or better
I dunno, never played either

I’ve enjoyed Destiny much more than I have any other FPS, including and not limited to Halo.

5 Likes

SERIOUSLY
Stop comparing Halo and Destiny. You cannot compare them. They are almost exact opposites. Stop.

1 Like

Are they not sci-fi FPS games?

I’d say there’s plenty of room for Comparison as well as Contrasting them.

Destiny is a Sci-Fi MMO/RPG/FPS-ish game. Not even the devs at Bungie consider it any of those. It’s main focus is cooperative play with up to two other people, and it is very much a dungeon crawler game.

Halo is an ScI-Fi FPS with very heavy single player cinematic experiences, with coop being a side thing that you can do, but it takes away from the actual story. The multiplayer is there is purely competitive.

The only thing simmilar in the games is the fact that they are Sci-Fi with FPS elements. And Jackal-like enemies.

So no, don’t compare them.

1 Like

If people see things they find parallels in, they’re gonna bring them up. ._.

It’s kinda pretentious to straight-up tell them that they can’t.

I’ve personally never played Destiny, and I’ve only played Multiplayer on any Halo game, so maybe I dunno what I’m talking about…

But I still don’t see an issue with talking about it. >.>

2 Likes

Because I always hear people say Destiny was a dissapointment, and it will never live up to Halo, that’s why. They’re almost polar opposites, so STOP.

clam down sammy

2 Likes

Hey Var, can we have a TTV Game night for Destiny sometime?

3 Likes

Clams? Where?

I’d support a game night in destiny. However, I have it for 360.

2 Likes

So do Meso, Kahi and I.

1 Like

Don’t forget the Beef!

I’m loving this, A few of my friends have it, so it’s pretty fun!

1 Like

Anybody on PS3 looking for a Vault of Glass fireteam?

Wouldn’t that be FPS with Sci-Fi elements?
And yes, I think it’s ok to compare any game to any game, no matter how different. For example-
“I think Ocarina of Time is more enjoyable that Bubsy 3D.”
I compared the games, and my statement is true to myself. However, if one says “Halo is a better than Bubsy 3D because it is competitive,” that comparison is imbalanced and should not be made. In short: if games share factors, such as enjoyability, these factors can safely be compared between the two games.

I also have it on 360, if anyone wants to play with me. I’m not on too frequently, though. I believe I’ve added @ToaVuhii, and if anyone else has, we could co-ordinate a game night or something =P

1 Like

mactray5 m8, I played with that scrub Vuhii a bit m8, real scrub.

I’m not too high a level yet though.

I’ve been physically unable to play for a few days now, this Caterpillar Error is quite annoying.

1 Like

I hate the Thorn Bounty so much. I can’t beat the Phogoth portion to save my life.

Out of curiosity, who here plays on Xbox 360?

-Mesonak

3 Likes

I play on 360. If you do as well, I’d be up to helping with Phogoth, I haven’t had too much trouble with him (so long as it’s a level 20 or 22 struck, as I’m only 21).

1 Like

Nah, I’ve gotten the game on the One, quite fun. I finally meet Xur for the first time and now manged to get to level 25

The trick I found helpful to beating Phogoth is to get rid of his minions ASAP and don’t free him until you’ve gotten rid of the first wave. His weak spot is the belly, so if you have a sniper you can usually hit that spot two or three times before he draws his attention to you.