Did Anyone Else Like Hero Factory?

I think it was good that the universe was easy because it like a Sandbox story to make your own fanfics of the Hero Factory story.

3 Likes

I think it was decent, the story wasn’t particularly good (outside of the books, that I found to be alright) but the sets were pretty good.

1 Like

I was a very large fan of Hero Factory’s sets and its storyline from the very beginning and continue to be to this day. It had a lot of flaws (A LOT of them), but it was still enjoyable.

The sets were top-notch and their legacy will live on in the CCBS. The story, taken at face value, was nothing grand when compared to BIONICLE, but I firmly believe that it had potential to become something worthwhile had the theme been managed better. The books were really good, though.

RIP in Pieces HF 2010-2014

-Mesonak

11 Likes

I actually love Hero Factory to its “core” (pun intended) mostly because it kinda followed the LEGO tradition of building your own world and adventures. There was a fine balance of Canon material (Alpha 1 team’s story) and potential creative material (MOCs, Fan Stories, etc.). In fact, the Theme as a whole had (and still does) a lot of potential. It may not have a big following as Bionicle but it’s still a cool concept. I’m actually making a fan story that’s about me joining the Hero Factory and my adventures with Epsilon 1 team. The series finale will transition into the new Bionicle story (the two series won’t meet so NO vs.) All in all I had a great time with Hero Factory!

P.S. check out my profile for "Orion Stargazer’s Hero Factory journal :wink:

5 Likes

HF was cool.

3 Likes

Great system with sturdy parts, good (but clone like often) sets, boring story, with specials of varying quality.

1 Like

Can I say that if HF didn’t start Bionicle would likely change over to the CCBS build anyways.

2010 - Ok.
2011 p1 - Ok but not a huge fan of the Heroes but it was the first time using the new build and just like when Inika and Piraka introduced the new build style they looked very similar.
2011 p2 - Ok but the show was messy.
2012 - I think it’s the best year ever for HF.
2013 - Not to bad.
2014 - Not my favorite. Rips off Pacific Rim and the episode was just dull and uninteresting.

5 Likes

2014 ALSO ripped off Aliens. It has some similarities to it. Like Breeze understanding the Queen, but the Queen got pissed anyway. Same with Ripley and the Alien Queen in Aliens. And the game has direct quotes too. Like IT’S GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER! Was used.

1 Like

I don’t follow Hero Factory but I got the promotional booklet for wave 1 in a Lego club magazine and it sounded like Breeze having a connection with animals and nature was planned from the start.

2 Likes

Yes, in fact I think that’s where the headcannon that Mr Makuro is actually a Turaga, as he included mask powers to his heroes … I think.

3 Likes

it was alright overall. I only saw two of the specials (the first one and the last one), before recently had only 3 sets from the whole line ( although, the ones had just got I deconstructed them and using the pieces for MOCing). It had potential but I don’t think it ever truly got its stride.

I had a headcanon that he was some sort of being from the BIONICLE universe (Possibly even a Great Being as it’s been shown that they’re roughly the size of regular beings) but then they said “DUH OLDESHT ROHBOT IN EXISHTANCE”

I totally agree. He had the Nobel Mahiki for sure.

11 Likes

Eh I never really liked HF, but I am kinda into it now. Don’t get me wrong BIONICLE is if course, my favorite, but it had a pretty good first wave, with the semblance to the Glatorian. I am Going to purchase a 1.0 set, not sure which one.

But the story was simplistic, dull, and worse than Roboriders.

1 Like

IMO, the 1.0 villain sets were great, but the 1.0 Heroes were crap since they were just Agori. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ouch. I wouldn’t say that’s remotely fair.

8 Likes

Ok so when people say “Hero Factory’s story was dull” It REALLY bugs me. The story was standard for Lego. It was actually more complex than stuff like roboriders. But the reason everyone puts it down is because it came after the complex story of Bionicle. If Hero Factory was on it’s own and didn’t have expectations to uphold, people would appreciate it and think “Hey this is a decent wave”. But because it came straight after Bionicle, people put it down as childish and stupid, when actually it’s probably more intelligent than most of the other Lego lines out there.

8 Likes

Grandma knows best

3 Likes

Actually, when I was younger, I didn’t follow Bionicle’s story. But Hero Factory still felt dull. It got better, but was pretty underwhelming.

Also…a hate to admit I like RoboRiders. …
So I’m not really criticizing

Gotta agree with this. While Hero Factory’s story was average for Lego themes, it could have been a LOT better if expounded upon.

This is coming a Hero Factory fan who bought at least one set per wave until IFB (AKA when the story got dumb)

2 Likes

But I was literally almost clueless to Bionicle’s story. I bought a few sets now and again, but I only knew the gist of it. This was at the time where I only bought System sets.

So I have no bias to HF. I never liked it to begin with. I was getting into Bionicle(as in looking into getting a Glatorian), and I saw HF, thinking I could get into it. I watched the Nickelodeon Special, and HATED it.

Sorry, but I prefer Throwbot, Roboriders, and Bionicle more than Hero Factory.

1 Like