Dionysus, the god of mischief

So hey guys! This is my first MOC that I have posted on the message boards, yet alone the internet so please enjoy! :smiley:

I set out to make a Bionicle as big as I could and ended up making this. He measures in at 30 inches tall (including head spikes) and although I haven’t weighed it I can tell you that he is quite heavy!
The legs, arms and torso each have heavy duty ratchet joints to give the model incredible stability for its size plus many standard pistons, best seen in the feet which have 5 each!!!

BACK STORY:
Before the reign of the bionicle, there was the five cosmic beings: Ragnarok, Gwendolyn, Dionysus, the Great Darkness and the One. Between the five, the One ruled, leading the cosmic beings in all that they did and maintained the harmony between these great creatures. However, the one we know only as the Great Darkness saw past it’s brothers and sister and towards the vast emptiness of the void. It dreamed of a kingdom of darkness and so the first of the realms was created. This angered the other beings, except for Dionysus who saw potential in the Great Darkness’ creation and so helped it in secret. As a sign of appreciation, the Great Darkness created a seed of darkness by plucking one of its scales from its hide and gave it to Dionysus as a gift. However, Dionysus planed to destroy the Great Darkness by showing the others the terrible things that it had created. Sure enough he succeeded, and the One ripped the powers from the Great Darkness and banished him to the furthest reaches of the void.
In spite of it’s cruel doings, the Great Darkness revealed to the other beings a power they had never witnessed before, life.
At this point, the One created a new being, Serpentus, who was tasked with taking the place of the Great Darkness. After this, the other five realms were created and each being cared for their corresponding kingdom: the One catered for the realm of air and life, Gwendolyn the realm of water and purity, Dionysus the realm of rahi, Ragnarok the kingdom of stone and Serpentus the realm of deserts.
Where each of the six realms touched an island was placed by the One to symbolise the bond between the Cosmic beings. But the time each being had spent nurturing it’s realm had made them forget of their bonds. This upset the One, and so as an attempt to remind the others of their friendship, each being received a gift, a creation by the one known as the Great beings.
Each of the cosmic beings sent there new champions to this island which they named Spherus Magna. At this point in time the island was hit by a meteorite from the deep parts of the void which was believed to contain what we now know as makuta. When the Great beings arrived Dionysus saw potential for immense power, he saw that what the Beings produce possessed great power so he named it dreams. As an attempt to claim this power for himself, Dionysus warped the mind of his Great Being Annona, manipulating her to feed off of the dreams of the other Great beings. However, the others fought back and instead fed on her dreams. Admitting his defeat, Dionysus created a cloud of evil out of his anger so foul that it prevented the beings of Spherus Magna from dreaming, devastating it inhabitants, most famously the Iron tribe.
The other Cosmic beings were shocked at what Dionysus had done, but desire, like Dionysus, festered in the hearts of some of them, leading to a divide in the Cosmic beings. On one side, Ragnarok and Dionysus believed in the Great Darkness’ work and that harvesting the dreams of Spherus Magna would ensure their place in the universe whereas The One, Gwendolyn and Serpentus believed in peace and that the creatures of the realm should be left alone.
This divide created a crack in Spherus Magna, revealing it’s core. This shifted Dionysus’ vision from dreams as from the fissure leaked Energized Protodermis. This time Dionysus did not hesitate and plunged the island into the great war known as the Core war.
After the war, Dionysus planted the seed that had been given to him as a gift from the Great Darkness during the time before life which gave way to the Shadowed one. Dionysus instructed the Shadowed one to form the a brotherhood around the meteorite which was arguably sent by the Great Darkness, which lead to the formation of the Brotherhood of makuta.
To this day, Dionysus still plots for control over the powers of bionicle, often possessing beings, destroying entire tribes or plunging the realms into chaos in order to carry out his plans for control.

55 Likes

There’s no picture.

4 Likes

Where’s the Moc of the Greek God of Wine?

4 Likes

hmmm it wont let me post pics
PS he’s also the Greek god of trickery :slight_smile:

1 Like

It says that new users cannot upload pics??

1 Like

You must post in 3 different topics before you can upload pics.

(It’s an anti spambot protocal)

1 Like

so as soon as I make three posts I can upload pics??

1 Like

Post in at least three topics, yes.

I reread the rules and it says enter 3 topics, which I took to mean read, but @Nyran said

Can I get some clarification on this?

1 Like

right I’ve done it so I will now try to upload. hopefully its been worth the wait! :slight_smile:

I always assumed enter meant post

Sorry but its half twelve at night where I am so I will have to try again tomorrow

It keeps setting that adv error occurred when I try to upload a photo for some reason

When you’re back to it, try using a image hosting site like imgur.com
The boards simply can’t handle certain images.

And link it to this page?

It’s just imgur.com

I GIVE YOU PICTURES!!! sorry for the long wait guys

1 Like

Whoah

That’s a big MOC

I’ll try and comprehend this MOC overnight and write a critique in the morning

5 Likes

Okay. Wow. When I first saw the head I honestly thought it wasn’t BIONICLE or even LEGO, so good job there. Again just wow…

I feel those toes are too long and the arms a little on the short side. but holymoly… that head looks so cool 0_o and the body and legs look awsome

2 Likes

Yes I agree. Fortunately the toes don’t provide any sort of stability as they are just pegged on so that is no problem to fix! :slight_smile: As for the arms I also totally agree, funnily enough my brother also told me the same thing! The problem is however that they are already around 29 to 30 cm long and so making them longer could jeopardise the articulation of the moc, e.g. wouldn’t be able to lift his arms haha. But I will be looking forwards to trying to fix that! :smile:

Thanks for the feedback! Greatly appreciated Darknova!!

3 Likes

If only LEGO made sets like these. I could stare at this MOC all day long, and still discover aspects of the figure I never noticed before. The face is REALLY cool and the aesthetic of the model is very intricate and fascinating. And the story is amazing, and fits the visual character well. Great job! :smile:

3 Likes