Dionysus, the god of mischief

Right I have fixed the toes and removed the out of place ball joints on his feet! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sir I must say I am way too impressed by this moc to properly give my opinion but it goes along the lines ofā€¦ THIS IS SO AWESOME, THIS SOULD NOT BE JUST A MOC THIS IS ART, JUST PURE GENIOUS

4 Likes

Oh mother of god you donā€™t know what youā€™ve unleashed upon the world someypony check pandoras box p.s change the name to orthros suits him p.p.s this is amasing

If great MOCs were measured by size alone, this would be the best.

Unfortunately, they arenā€™t =P The head is, well. Beautiful, my favorite part of the entire thing. I would even venture so far as to say that the head is perfect.

The rest. The rest is pretty messy. Donā€™t get me wrong, as a whole heā€™s cool, but he just looks really messy and as a result, it detracts from his coolness. Love the sword though, and the head too.

1 Like

Yes I agree, especially the arms and legs. However I think the upper body is quite tidy but at the end of the day this was my first attempt at a big moc and I like the turnout :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was thinking of reworking Dionysusā€™ legs and arms to set the right proportions and to make them cleaner. Apart from that does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

My jaw literally dropped the moment I saw this. Amazing work! Destroys my MOC and others and then some from look and size. 10/10 -Too much awesome!

1 Like

oh my god :scream:

Really impressive, however, to stick out you really should use color. Also, streamlining some things to make them less messy would benefit the MOC. It sort of looks like you just through together a bunch of parts.

1 Like

I thought this was for my other moc sorry haha! :slight_smile: yeah I think blue would look good for highlights. Good shout! Iā€™ll definitely use that whilst Iā€™m working on his arms and legs. Thanks

I never saw the topic for this guy, but now that I have, I must say, I love that sword! Can you post a picture of him posed with the sword like this?

EDIT: Actually, the sword isnā€™t long enough. Nevermind.

I could probably get it similar to that and nearly the same length

@TolerantAxe97 Congratz on being featured on The MOC Spotlight!

The moc would probably benefit from huge shoulderpads.

3 Likes

How is a moc this big possible?

2 Likes

Magic :sparkles: ā€¦

1 Like

Congrats on getting on the Moc Spotlight. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Absolutely stunning! Any advice for building a giant MOC?

Thanks, and as for advice yeah. So, to start I always begin with the torso because this gives you an idea of how large the limbs will have to be and also the amount of friction youā€™ll need to put into the legs to prevent the thing from just toppling over! A nice hack Iā€™ve found is that is l if your struggling with making the legs support the moc the addition of a tail really helps to provide balance and it can prop the moc up. Building the torso itself can be pretty difficult but you just have to find your own building style and you have to keep things like waist articulation in mind (this moc does but there are no pictures of it). I think the head is probably one of the harder parts of any big moc as well because you need to make sure it fits with everything else and doesnā€™t just look like a mess of parts. Another great thing if youā€™ve got the parts is to try and keep a primary colour with odd highlights here and there, and please please PLEASE donā€™t use every colour available! :slight_smile: if you want any more help or if you want help with a MOC donā€™t be afraid to ask, I hope that doesnā€™t sound big headed but really Iā€™m here to help as well! :smiley:

Wow! I love cohesive mocs like this, you can stare at it for hours and still discover new things. Those RED PINZ tho!

I normally try to critique or say the things I like about a MOC, but with this one, I could spend hours discussing it. Iā€™ll just say that while Iā€™m sure itā€™s not perfect, itā€™s one of the most beautiful MOCs Iā€™ve ever seen. Iā€™m just impressed it even works, to be honest. Congratulations on a job well done!