Dionysus, ultimate overlord of the Makuta

Looks significantly better with the dark red but still suffers from…well, looking like a large version of a simple MOC. Only exists for size.

He’s impressive no doubt, but size doesn’t equal good to me so he remains rather bland.

1 Like

Ok that’s cool and all but rather than just saying how you think its a simple build, which I don’t agree with, tell me why you think its simple?

It’s far from a simple build. The build itself has to be well designed and complex to both look good AND stay together.

I’m saying it looks like a pointlessly large design. The same shape and design could be accomplished with a MOC the height of this thing’s lower leg. The ONLY thing this has going for it is the size, to me, because it could be so easily mimicked on a smaller scale.

Right, I’m still kinnda struggling to see your point but fair enough :slight_smile:

I think that lovely little splash of Metru Red was exactly what was needed here.
Not that it really needed much. I mean, man, that build is impressive. Big impressive. Complex impressive, but not too cluttered or anything. I like that.

And that head! Mask? Either way, it has a very intimidating look about it. I wager it’s the teeth but those long long spikes might have something to do with it too.

And he’s wearing the Mask of Control. As a necklace.
Or at least just around his neck.
Dude.

If any a form G2KA (G2 + Makuta = G-2-TA lol ) were to take on, I’d say this would be one of the fiercest. Best of luck to you!

1 Like

I think the MOC could use a bit more gold, but besides that this is great.

1 Like

10/10, Think it would/should win the Makuta contest.

Effort was put, looks amazing, and is actually menacing.
Should change the cape so it uses official LEGO cloths.

Thanks bud haha :slight_smile: As for tbe cape the admin for the makuta competition gas said that custom capes can be used, but maybe adding a bunch of vezon capes together would look pretty cool

Oh if custom capes are alright then why not. I just want to make sure this MOC doesnt lose over a silly technicality.

No problem bud :smiley:

TAKE MY MONEY

4 Likes

You’re getting a lot of unnecessary beef on this creation IMO. I think it looks great, and while the colour scheme is fairly plain, I think it makes it look a lot more cohesive and more striking.

6 Likes

Nice MOC.

IMO he looks better with the red.

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: personally I liked the silver and light grey, and to be honest was a boy confused myself when people started saying they didn’t like it because its bland haha. Oh well, different people like different things I guess:D

3 Likes

I personally think the shades of silver and gray looked really cool, I’m just not sure how something like that would do in a contest that encourages bright colors :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t understand though, how does it encourage bright colours? Thinking about it now their overlord makuta model was just black

Just based in that every G2 Bionicle contest so far has had a winner with very interesting colors, and that in the same video where they announced the Makuta contest, they went over their own interpretations of the guy, all of which had a bright mix of colors.

Not to mention, interesting colors were one of the points of criteria in the mask maker contest :wink:

1 Like

Ah right fair enough, I thought there had only been one g2 completion prior to this one? And in that case I’m happy colour is not part of their making criteria this time haha :smiley:

1 Like

This moc is incredibly fantastic! but I think he could use some gold knee pads…

Hmm, I like the sound of that, will see what I can do! :slight_smile: