Do Axonn, Tobduk and Trinuma require Kanohi?

We know Matoran, Toa and Turaga need to wear Kanohi, we also know many don’t, such as the Barraki, Brutaka and Hydraxon. But do Axonn, Tobduk and Trinuma’s species require Kanohi masks to be worn to function at full capacity? (Side question, do Makuta?)

4 Likes

Makuta don’t need kanohi, but most suits were built to be kanohi compatible and require a kanohi to completely seal it, otherwise the antidermis would escape.

6 Likes

Stupid question: how does that work with Kanohi that have holes in them?

2 Likes

I think the only part of the face that needs sealing is the mouth, where the attachment point is.

4 Likes

See, strictly from empirical study on Earth, pretty much every pure gaseous sample will expand to fill its container in an even manner. Why would certain areas of a Makuta “leak” more rapidly if they don’t have a physical body outside of armor?

That said, it might actually depend more on the raw strength or willpower of the Makuta, because we haven’t ever observed a living gas that could control its shape…

Perhaps the mouth is the valve, the rest of the head is sealed?

1 Like

Greg flat out said the rules on Earth don’t apply unless they want them too in specific situations

I imagine all 3 of them would require Kanohi as it seems to be the rule that applies with most, if not all sentient beings that can wear Kanohi.

Here’s the thing though; while Vortixx, Sidorak’s species, the Barraki, Botar and Hydraxon could all wear (and use) Kanohi, none of them required one the way Matoran do. (Same applies to Brutaka, as his mask broke.) So would the same be the case with Trinuma, Axonn, Tobduk and the Makuta (if you ignore the fact that their gas leaks out, and also consider they weren’t always gas).

(Skakdi and Krekka’s species, if I recall, could also wear Kanohi but lacks the brains to use them.)

Matoran fall into a coma, Toa are heavily weakened. Greg once said something along the lines of that this may be because they act sort of like batteries, the Matoran having very weak “batteries” themselves, and that though other species may not require masks, they may have other weaknesses instead…

Yup; I just ignore that, just so you know. Why would anyone every speculate if that were the case?

1 Like

And the rule should be that earth rules do apply unless they specify that they don’t

1 Like

As I recall, Kanohi were able to be used by any species that had a certain mental capacity.

In the case of Skakdi at least, I believe the explanation was that while they could theoretically use Kanohi masks, they’d need a certain amount of mental focus that isn’t always possible to attain being almost constantly enraged.

The question is not whether or not they are able to wear it, it is whether or not they need it to function

1 Like

Wow, I always thought that Tobduk was a Toa of magnetism or gravity or something. You learn something new every day.