Do You Have A "Bad Taste In Music"?

I’m saying you should be aware that you are a curator for things among your friends, and that your friends are curators for you. It’s already a natural thing that occurs. But be aware that, if you want to get a certain friend to watch a movie or listen to an album, what kind of curator you are to them.

2 Likes

How can we know what kind of “curator” we are? By figuring out our common interests with the friends we hang around? Sorry if I sound daft, this entire concept is pretty foreign to me.

…actually no because I have only ever been around people with almost identical musical interest.

:stuck_out_tongue:

It’s…weird to think that people can attempt to insult another person for liking something different than them, however.

4 Likes

Do you live in a box perchance?

4 Likes

Nah. I just happen to be pretty lucky with who I know :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well nobody here listens to rock/metal or alternative so when people ask what I’m listening to I usually ignore them or adamantly tell them what it is so they’ll be less likely to try and judge me for it, and if they do, oh well that’s their problem.

@Nyran In case you haven’t noticed it’s been contaminated for a while. =P

1 Like

I love to listen to epic orchestral / war chior music , my all time favorite artist is two steps from hell , and people don’t say my music taste is bad , they just say I’m wierd :smile:

1 Like

I’m mostly into 60s/70s classic and hard rock and people my age tend to think I’m weird but most of them appreciate that. However, one of my best friends has to go out and tell me that rock isn’t real music, the vocalists can’t sing and stuff like that. He’s pretty much a full-on hater and he’s quite annoying as he has to say that every time he hears my music. I’ve learned to ignore him now.

2 Likes

Have you tried taking him into the ring and just German suplexing him?
If that doesn’t work, just use the chair.

2 Likes

I’ve done that in my head quite a few times already. I follow that up with happy thoughts of Angus Young exploding his head with an awesome guitar solo.

1 Like

ah, a fellow Panhead

2 Likes

I sense a topic revival coming… :smiley:

1 Like

I am the only one of my friends to like the band Avatar, does that count?

I really don’t like a lot of the crap that’s around these days. I like music, I just dislike most songs, almost everything with words is just eurgh. Listening to a radio is often painful.

At work I was always told I have no sense of music. This was because I like Niel Diamond and The Piano Guys more than Rap or Country.

2 Likes

Um, Robert Plant can’t sing? But it’s OK because (insert modern popular “music” person) can. Kids these days…=P

Ahem. Have I never told you that your musical tastes were bad? =P

Most people I know irl don’t like the same music as me, for whatever reason. Most people I know listen to pop and stuff. My own musical taste ranges from blues to metal but yeah, I barely know anyone who likes that stuff.

1 Like

You know me on the net.

To be fair, I didn’t know you until like, just now =P

I remember when a friend asked me to help them download some music, and I just sent her this.

http://i.imgur.com/qjXmDkU.jpg

I believe she sucks at music.

1 Like

I know right? Funny thing is I was indeed rocking out to some Zeppelin classics when he said that. 5 minutes later he plays Kanye West or something like that.

Brother! Why can’t I find more like you irl? :frowning: