Do you prefer Hobbit, or LotR? (films)

Neither.

Hobbit

Hobbit

Hobbit

That’s just the way I am. I might be wrong in the general view, but I’m all Martin Freeman. I just wished he had gotten more screen time than Thorin.

2 Likes

I do like Martin Freeman as Bilbo. The fact that he got pushed out of the spotlight in his own movies is one of the main reasons I don’t care for the Hobbit series overall. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

so I somehow haven’t commented in this topic I like LoTR more, but the hobbit movies really aren’t bad, they may not stay true to the book but I don’t think on their own they are bad, I enjoy them

sorry for triggering you jogn, I’ll be sure to check my privilege later

3 Likes

I agree.
All my favorite characters got very little time after the first movie, looking back on it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve watched both, and though I don’t hate The Hobbit movies, I prefer The Lord of The Rings more.

I’ve think I’ve read the books, I dunno…

2 Likes

I love both series. I like Lord of the Rings because they follow the books more. I like the Hobbit because the characters are cool. I have not seen the extended Hobbit movies yet, but the extended Return of the King is my favorite movie of the six (or technically twelve, or nine that I’ve seen). I don’t hate the Hobbit for being different, I don’t hate Lord of the Rings for being long.

Bookwise, I liked the Hobbit more. However, Tauriel was a very cool addition in to the movies, and they put a face to the villains: Azog. Kili, Tauriel, and Martin Freeman Bilbo were my three favorite new characters in the trilogy. I dislike how much they went against the book, and Thorin was a character who was very easy to hate. And Thrandriul (In my time spent away from these movies I’ve forgotten how to spell that). Martin Freeman is now one of my favorite actors because of this movie.

Lord of the Rings was not as interesting a read, but that’s just because it’s engineered towards adults. The movies were great. Legolas is in like my top three favorite characters of all time, and he wasn’t a jerk in these movies, unlike Desolation of Smaug. Aragorn was cool, Gimli was cool, Merry was cool, Samwise was amazing. Out of this particular series, there is only one character I disliked. Just hearing the name brings up memories of pain and suffering as I watched these movies, or else they would have been perfect. And no, that is not Denethor. I liked him just because of how he died. No, it is not Boromir, even though I didn’t like him in the first movie, he was nice to Faramir when Denethor wasn’t. But it… was… STINKING… ARWEN!!! She did one thing cool, and that was tell a river to push away some Nazgul for a while. Just stop. Arwen was stupid, lame, uninteresting, and the only reason she was in it was to have a romance involved! She wasn’t even in the books until the third one so Aragorn and her could get married! There’s nothing good about her! She’s even worse than Grand Moff Tarkin, my least favorite character in Star Wars! I could write a post as long as this already is going over how stupid Arwen is to me. But I won’t, for you guys.

Overall, I can’t really decide on either. Hobbit was better in the books, had better graphics, and maybe better characters, just because Arwen isn’t in it. Lord of the Rings is great, followed the books to the point where the biggest difference is Tom Bombadil. I liked both for different reasons. Now to get mad on the second most irrating thing about Lord of the Rings. How people think the movies can be solved with eagles.

@Oniwah. Someone hasn’t read the books, or at least not thoroughly. If you would have, you would have read in the Hobbit that the Eagles could not take them farther, as their enemies’ territories are on the way. Also, Eagles aren’t all that nice. Do you know why they help out our heroes? Because Gandalf saved Gwahiir the Windlord from a poison arrow. Gwahiir has saved Gandalf’s life like twice now, so he’s kind of just acting out of kindness now.

@Paradox. I don’t really like HISHE. They make fun of my favorite movies and I feel a need to protect them. Which is what I shall do now. They don’t solve every problem. They fought in two war, and rescued Gandalf twice. That’s it, and LOTR and the Hobbit had a lot more problems than that.

@Leoxander! That is one of my favorite stop-motions of all time! You are the man!