Doctor Strange

I may be stuck seeing this next weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

Want to see it so badly, don’t know when I can though :weary:

Same here, I have a bunch of homework to do tomorrow.
Prolly shoulda done that today…

It’s good. Very, very good.

1 Like

The movie was good enough
it’s still a generic marvel movie though

It wasn’t generic. It was more than generic. This one felt it had a lot more effort put into it.

I don’t like headaches.

1 Like

[spoiler] the beginning of the movie to the start of the third act was pretty good
then the third act felt all marvel movie like

Stephen Strange almost felt like a compelling different character compared to the others
but no he’s just another wisecracking character at the end
why can’t we have a main hero that’s just different for once?

the love interest was forgettable
and so was villain (as always)[/spoiler]

but that’s just my opinion
i still liked it though, it just felt generic for me

[spoiler]I get the whole “stop the OP villain” thing might have seemed generic, but I honestly think it was a good introduction to Strange. He’s the most OP Marvel Super Hero. Plus he was so clever in dealing with Mephisto.

Also, he IS different. He might be funny but not all Marvel characters actually are. They have funny MOMENTS but not all of them do it intentionally. Plus, he’s still kinda selfish in the end. Maybe he’s a bit like Tony Stark, but he’s like that way in the comics too.

How was she forgettable. I thought the way she interacted with Strange and dealing with learning of his powers was hilarious, and felt real. Albeit, she does seem a little like Pepper Potts.[/spoiler]

[spoiler] That is my issue, he’s just another Tony Stark

the reason i thought the love interest was so forgettable was that she was barely in the movie and (to me) felt shoehorned in. She saved Strange… that’s it i guess
[/spoiler]

I personally don’t thinks he was shoe-horned in. It felt natural for her to be there, as someone to see how he changed from past to present.

As for being another Tony Stark… I can’t really refute that. Something feels different. Maybe because Strange is MUCH more intelligent and better at decision making that Stark, I guess? Personality wise they’re not too much different, except Strange is much more open to possibilities and working together. He’s also MUCH more persistent.

The difference between Strange and Stark is that after Tony is hurt he pretty much immediately changes how he lives. For Strange it’s more gradual. It’s not the loss of physical ability, per se, as it is the loss of everything else.

2 Likes

So I watched this the other day, and it was pretty incredible. The effects are really great really well done.

I also love how they casually confirm that that thing was the Time Stone.

4 Likes

Saw it about 30 minutes ago. Totally worth the watch.

It was better than Suicide Squad.

2 Likes

Pretty much anything from the MCU is better than DC’s stuff.

4 Likes

I saw Doctor Strange today.

Holy Hannah that fight scene in New York was awesome.

6 Likes

That movie’s just terrible

1 Like

Madds Mikkelsen’s character in the movie is an obscure minor villain in the comics, in fact he was a henchman of Mordo.

I know, I know, this is a old topic but I just saw the movie and it was amazing, those effects. Normally I’m the guy who points out all the small problems with the movie, but this really didn’t seem to have any. (I could go on for hours about how good it was.) 10/10 IGN, would watch again.

2 Likes

Why’d you wait this long.