Doctor Who Discussion Topic

This whole thing is kind of strange to me. I’m not opposed to the idea of a female doctor, but I guess I’m not necessarily 100% for it either.
In the end though, it’ll come down to whether or not this new doctor will actually act like the doctor. In the past, throughout every regeneration, the doctor has always seemed like the same character to me. Whether or not that will change based on gender will depend entirely on how the writers approach things.

5 Likes

Exactly. Doing things “because tradition” can be a bit dull. I am interested to see where they go with this.

You know what, I’m gonna see how this ends up, I’ve already had several posts taken down, I’ll let Deviantart decide what to make of this revelation.

No, actually. Apparently, it was something Chibnall wanted, and the BBC just approved it.

Also, this:

HYPE

FOUND IT! Yay!

The 13th doctor is absolutely amazing.
The only thing is the whole flashy sonic thing, where she goes from one side of her body to the other,just a big arc to point her sonic at something.
That, and she’s trying and failing to be a female Matt Smith.

Other than that, it’s great. She does a good job!

I’ve heard she actually writes a few episodes, but I’m not sure.

Oh yes, I’m not denying that at all. I prefer the Mondasian Cybermen :stuck_out_tongue:

Just that, for the purposes of that discussion, the divergent locations and circumstances of their origins weren’t particularly relevant to my point - both are equally gruesome :stuck_out_tongue:

fair enough. I much would rather have the war torn option than the ‘Ultimate human’ idea. Though, according to one comic somewhere, the cybermen become peaceful philosophers in the far future.

Huh. Won’t that be the day :stuck_out_tongue:

On a different note: who’s your favourite Doctor?

Though, apperently that comic isn’t canon. Though apparently if Picard and the Doctor hadn’t defeated the Cybermen and the Borg, the Cybermen would have beat the Borg. An interesting thought.

Of the old ones, Tom Baker, of the new ones, Christopher Eccleston.

Though David Tennant was fun too

If I had to pick, then Tom Baker, only because he was Puddleglum in the old Narnia movies.

Definitely.

You are officially my favourite human. Us Eccleston fans gotta stick together :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, from what I’ve seen four would probably be my favourite classic Doctor. Or maybe Sylvester McCoy.

All 2 of us.

Eh, I didn’t care for him much. then again, I’ve only seen one episode with him in it. Netflix dropped his episodes before I got to them. i watched one episode with every doctor but the War doctor, just to say I’ve seen them all, then I worked my way from the beginning.

Tom Baker episodes also lead to my personal theory that Colonel Sanders is a Time Lord.

Your Netflix has Classic Who?

That is theft, that is unfair, and now I’m sad :stuck_out_tongue:

Had. Very important difference.

Have you seen the ‘key to time’ Story arc for Tom Baker?

Darn, so much for VPNs :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly no

Okay, so the story arc was themed around finding the key to time. He sent on the quest by a time lord named the White Gaurdian,

Does he not look like a younger Colonel Sanders?

Especially from the KFC logo.

It also explains why he keeps changing in the commercials.

2 Likes

Eccleston fans

All two of us

you clearly haven’t spent much time talking about Doctor Who on the internet. And for the Cyberman thing, the Mondasian Cyberman origin is much more grisly. I was white-faced for the entire last half of Spare Parts, and I’m no slouch when it comes to horror.

1 Like

I’ve never talked about Doctor Who on the internet. Everyone around me are Tenant Fans.

You poor soul. The first bit you’re probably better off avoiding. The amount of time I’ve spent arguing about continuity and canonicity in a series that doesn’t give a fig about it is, at this point, incalculable. And that’s not even the tip of the iceberg.

The second though, that’s worse. I’d rather spend innumerable hours arguing about Looms than surrounded by Tennant fans who literally scream at his appearance.

Last year at comic con, me and my dad were waiting in line for Meat Loaf. Peter Davison walks past us, no one but me and another (clearly) Deep Lore nerd noticed, and we just went “hey, cool.” Tennant walks by five minutes later (with a guard) and the squealing was honestly painful.

2 Likes

Yeah, the tenant fan is mostly my family, but they like him because he brought some of the fun the series had been missing.

I can see that, to an extent. Eccleston had some great fun episodes though. Series four was the peak of NuWho though. Tennant and Tate bounced off each other fantastically.

1 Like