Doctor Who Discussion Topic

Loved Heaven Sent. I love the idea that the perfect trap for the Doctor is one of his own construction, and that, at the end of every loop, he was willing to spend billions of years escaping, because that was the only way. Also, Gallifrey hype!

EDIT: http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2015/11/watch-peter-jacksons-doctor-who-contract-arrives/

6 Likes

Can someone please explain the Doctor’s hand regeneration in Journey’s End?

2 Likes

Spoilers!!! /s But yah the hand was given regeneration energy and thus could “regenerate” into a full Doctor

3 Likes

So… How did that allow the Tenth Doctor to regenerate into… The Tenth Doctor?

3 Likes

It was a two-way street type of deal iirc. Exposing himself to his hand during regeneration allowed him to keep his form, but the regen energy “rubbed off” on the hand and enabled it to become a copy of him. If you’re looking for a more detailed analysis than that, I think the answer is “space magic!” :stuck_out_tongue:

(Btw, fixed your spoiler tags for ya. :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

the definition of all definitions

1 Like

to know that I could fix someone else’s spoiler tags…
to know the tiny pressure of my thumb, enough to tap the keyboard…
That power would set me above the masters!
AND THROUGH THE DALEKS I SHALL HAVE THAT POWER

3 Likes

So, I just watched Hell Bent.

Spoiler Warning:

Right before I watched the episode, I was watching The Impossible Astronaut. The Diner from it “appears” in Hell Bent. Coincidence? Probably…

2 Likes

My thoughts as of recent:

Heaven Sent was really really awesome

Hell Bent was… just bad.

Both of these episodes were written by Moffat?
Well, even if Doctor Who got another pretty good episode written by him, I do think it is time for a new showrunner (or multiple that can collaborate).

1 Like

All deez people watching series 9 and I just got to the 11th Doctor.

End of Time cries until I can’t breathe

3 Likes

I don’t know what to make of Hell Bent, tbh. It did something I didn’t want it to revive Clara , but in such a manner that I’m not totally sure if I disliked it or not. Blerg.

3 Likes

Well at least He got a Shweet new Sonic Screwdriver!

7 Likes

Hell bent was probably my favourite episode this series, mainly because of how dramatic and stylised it was. Throughout the series the doctor had slowly lost everything he held dear, his screwdriver, his Tardis and even Clara. It felt like his character had really developed and to see his “rebirth” at the end was very emotional too.

2 Likes

@The_Owl, you may want to spoiler-tag that…

2 Likes

Yes, of course. How foolish of me!

2 Likes

What ever happened to the New Paradigm Daleks? It seemed like they got introduced and the sparsed out.

2 Likes

So, after finishing season 9, I gotta say it’s a pretty great season. Although the whole plot with The Doctor in his Confession Dial in Heaven Sent seemed a bit dragged out and convoluted to me, I still feel it was good as it showed The Doctor’s determination to get to Gallifrey. As for Hell Bent, it was a pretty great episode. Although I am interested to see where they go from here. Will we see Clara and Me again? Who will The Doctor’s next companion be? Hopefully these will answered in The Husbands of River Song. Although probably not.

3 Likes

I just have to say one thing, the cybermen are becoming iron man.

3 Likes

Just saw the Christmas special. I loved it! It was fun, a bit self-aware, and surprisingly emotional. Pretty much everything I could’ve hoped for!

2 Likes

I have a strange feeling that the end of the Christmas special will lead to the episode, The Silence in The Library. Also, I thought the episode was great but, way too odd.

1 Like