Does anyone care about Chima anymore?

During its hayday, Chima was a somewhat… Polarizing theme.
Everyone agrees that it didn’t have the strength in story that Ninjago did(at least during the first season). The characters were pathetic and archetypal, the humor was lame, and the messages were shallow at best and misguiding at worst.

The next couple seasons got better, but they couldn’t completely erase the damage done(in my humble opinion).

The finale was a relatively good episode, but wasn’t all that meaningful a way to end a story.

Now I’m curious where those of us that actually followed the show are with it now. Have you, to a degree, forgotten about it like I have? Are you still interested in the story or the sets? What mark has Lego’s lesser famed TV show left on you?

9 Likes

it technically exists in relation to Ninjago, since it’s one of the realms. I’m still fine with it. Wish it got continued and much more better

7 Likes

Well, not as a series, it doesn’t. Sure the realms exists in canon(or what little of that we have), but since it’s a happily ever after ending, there’s really nothing else that happens in Chima from here on out.

3 Likes

I watched the first 5 episodes but it was just as bad as Disney Junior IMO so I stopped and only saw the sets

2 Likes

I cared about the 2014 constraction wave… mainly for the pieces
But truly, Chima have potential I was slowly giving hope on it after 2013 but was planned to end in 2015 from that Russian prototype video.

5 Likes

Ha
Polarizing
More like
‘Lame’-orizing
amirite?
/mt

4 Likes

rip chimo

3 Likes

My younger self in January 2013 is now sadistically smug and overjoyed. “I told you so.”

I hated Chima to begin with, never actually bothered with the story, only got a couple sets for the parts. And then LEGO screwed over the line’s main chance of redemption with the unrelease of the 2014 ultrabuilds.

4 Likes

I didn’t like Chima to begin with. When I first saw the promo for Chima in the Lego Magazine I was like “what in the world-?”

Turns out it wasn’t very good at all. Some of the sets kinda looked good (for parts, anyways) but I really didn’t like the premise of anthropomorphic animals fighting in animal vehicles. If anything, I would have gotten the crocodiles to create some creepy Lego monster or something, but I never did.

I never took it seriously, anyways, and neither did the theme itself. It brought it’s end upon itself. Now Ninjago became more interesting to me in the second wave…

4 Likes

to answer the question plain and simply… no

Never did, never will.

Chima?

What’s that, a typo of China?

4 Likes

Chima as a line of sets was fantastic and I will hear no words to the contrary.

Blah blah story sucked blah blah.

It’s weird. I want to care.

Like, I wanna get the Ice Bear Mecha still, and a lot of other Ice Hunters stuff, but everytime I’m in the store I’m like “No, I shouldn’t.”

7 Likes

Yes. Chima was a great toy line. but the storyline…

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!! NOOOO!!!

2 Likes

they made great lego sets but the story line was written by 5 year olds

3 Likes

At one point I liked to imagine that the writers of Chima actually came up with the story when they were children. Explaining the theft of the concept of Chi from Asian theology and whatnot.

3 Likes

Makes more sense then what we were given.

1 Like

I still care about Legend of Chima, and that is an opinion i will never change, i will infact try to make a rewrite of the Legend of Chima story, i just need time to iron out the ideas for it

6 Likes

To be honest kind of forgot about Chima, never really watched episodes but i was interested in the sets for a while when they had Scorpions and Spider villains. Brought a few of the CCBS builds, though it feels like a very forgettable theme unfortunately.

If it hadn’t shown up in Ninjago then i doubt I’d have acknowledged it much this year.

1 Like

I thought that Chima was pretty stupid as a concept in the beginning. Since I relatively don’t care for Chima I forgot what chima was really about but there are some dumb things:

-Why do birds need jets?
-Why does anyone need anything?
-Why make your vehicles require a powerful resource in order to actually bust some people up? It’s a useless limitation. How about instead of making them have to use this almighty powerful resource why not just have the animals claim the resource for the survival of their factions?
-Why do crocs need a big ship for the rivers?
-Why do gorillas need hard-hitting mechs?
-What in the world was that last wave of sets? They did not look appealing.
-Why was there some fire vs. ice thing? Some zombies start rising up and all of a sudden it’s fire vs ice?
-So the zombies are weathered but their vehicles aren’t… what?

Chima overall is just not how you make a new toyline that does not include elements of any kind. I guess they had to use it during the latter years but it made even less sense.

1 Like