Does anyone care about Chima anymore?

Did anybody EVER care much about chima? :stuck_out_tongue: I hated it except when it first came out, but I was quite young then

I kind of liked it. I tried to really get into it like Bionicle, but once you know all of Chima’s lore, it just stops being interesting. However, I did enjoy Cragger’s quasi-development arc. Chima had a lot of potential, but the goofy writing of the TV show and dissatisfying lore took some points off.

1 Like

Does anyone care now? Probably some, I do wish they didn’t end the show. The idea of the show was kind of dumb, but I still did enjoy watching it in my free time.

1 Like

I still care about it. It was a very good theme, in my opinion better than nexo knighs. It even had a videogame on nintendo de, 3ds and psvita called Laval’s Journey, wich is one of the most underrated LEGO videogames, but still a very good one. Chima had lots of potential, but it ended very fast. But even today, Chima remains in my top themes

3 Likes

I enjoyed the Chima sets a lot more than the actual show, not just for the pieces, but they are unique, interesting builds. The figures are very well detailed, and I still collect the sets to this day.

As for the show, it’s just a basic TV show. It’s bearable, just not the best.

I liked Chima, both set and show wise. The show was definitely more childish than Ninjago, but it wasn’t necessarily bad. By the time of S3 it was actually quite enjoyable. The sets were usually impressive, in my opinion, and provided a great number of recolors. I wish we’d gotten more of the characters from the show in set form, and I hope Ninjago will at some point revisit Chima.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s interesting to say the least…

I never cared for Chima. The pilot episodes did not sell me on the show, and I don’t care to watch the rest of it even if it did get better near the end. The sets had some cool pieces (especially the CCBS ultra builds), but overall I thought the theme to be pretty bland. I wasn’t surprised when Chima sets were still on Toys R Us shelves during their 70% off “We’re dying!” sales. Rest in peace, Chima. You couldn’t top the juggernaut that was NinjaGo. You were the Hero Factory of System.

Yeah, the Rumble Bear isn’t really the best example of a Chima set, because I do think the Fire Vs Ice line is easily the worst of the 3 waves.
Here’s one of my favourite Chima sets:

It looks even better in person.

1 Like

The chima sets had nice parts usage. They looked lame imo tho

I’ll bite. PM me your ideas, and I’ll help if I can.

1 Like

I loved the sets, and have fond memories of the online game. The show got better over time.

3 Likes

Um nope… :joy:

I remember watching the episodes to kill time.

I want that time back.

4 Likes

As much as I didn’t care for the sets or the show whatsoever, it did provided many useful pieces and had very decent color combinations none the less. Yet it still wasn’t enough to surpass the BOSS of the themes.

5 Likes

That’s a fair argument I’ve never heard before. I used some of the Chima CCBS pieces for a MOC some time ago I didn’t even realize existed that came in handy. At least it had some nice parts.

1 Like

I really like your idea for a “Season 4” of LEGO Legends of CHIMA!!! (I want Laval to become evil SO badly here!!!) Alas, it’s been almost 3 years since the LEGO Legends of CHIMA theme ended there; however, maybe there’s a chance for a movie, but only time will tell…

The ending of Season 3 of the LEGO Legends of CHIMA animated T.V. series made it so that a Season 4 (or even just an animated movie or animated T.V. special, for that matter!) was absolutely essential there; but no, The LEGO Company and Warner Bros./Cartoon Network just HAD to tick off LEGO Legends of CHIMA fans (like me) and end it prematurely there!!! :angry: :rage: :thumbsdown:

It is part of the canon if it is a scene in one of the episodes by default!

There should be a pencil icon below your post where you can edit and add onto your it. If you want to reply to someone directly, just tag someone using the @ sign. Hopes this helps! - Cocoa

1 Like

I feel like Chima is how Lego would handle Bionicle as a system theme; just replace the chi with masks.

The only thing I liked about chima were the constraction breastplates. They could make any MOC look cool.

I do. I am a huge fan. Got interested in it when the Fire and Ice line started. I, like a lot of people, have been making my own adaptation of it. I will release a third season this October-December 2019 to my YouTube. If you want to see, just look up “Mammoth Supremacy 55”. :wink:

3 Likes

“More childish than Ninjago” you already know that Ninjago was intended for children from the beginning. That’s why Chima was so bad as a TV series, because it already had a role model that showed what a Lego adventure series should look like. And just because something is for kids doesn’t mean it has to be stupid. look at Avatar the Last airbender or Bionicle that was also for children and people still care about it because it was able to tell a serious and quite adult story for children so that the older ones also liked it.