Dragonfly Revamp

Essentially i figured out what colour blocking was and ever since, staring at old dragonfly hurt my soul. So enjoy the new revamped dragonfly as well as a few tasty shots of him and the other mechs. Also idk if you guys enjoy seeing stuff updated from time to time, so lemme know if you do

old version oof

closeups of most stuff thats different

Torso

Head

Leg

Solo action poses

Absolutely destroying a mantis unit (yes that’s just balanced like that)

And here’s proof

I’m so happy with how he looks now and i’d say he’s probably the best looking now out of the three standard sized mechs

What are your thoughts?

84 Likes

much cleaner and compact than the original! love it!

3 Likes

Solid 10

2 Likes

So… Fill us in. What’s colour blocking?

Also, looks really nice. More sleek, less greebly.

3 Likes

Having an order or purpose as to how and where you place colours. In this guy’s case, removing a lot of gold and making the uses of it consistent and strategic. Makes a big difference in the overall aesthetic regardless if you notice it or not at first.

1 Like

im getting a pacific rim vibe off this guy. probably because of the colours. i like it

3 Likes

Yeah a lot of other people seem to get the same vibe, that and evangelion

3 Likes

It was a cruel angels thesis from the start.

Uh references to translations of the theme song aside, this is a really good moc. Shaping is on point. System and small details are crisp and clean not distracting on the ccbs or the rest of the moc in general flowing well together.

Solid moc overall.

3 Likes

H o w d o y o u c o l o r b l o c k ?

This MOC is really nice, it looks quite a bit sleeker than the original.

2 Likes

Killer MOC dude. Looks like it came right out of an anime. That pelvis is so clean and well designed. And the mono-eye seals the deal.

2 Likes

Happy to hear someone comment on the pelvis, a lot of time went into it

2 Likes

Yeah man, it’s so well done. And I can tell you’re proud of it (as you should be) because you have a pic focused in on it. In addition to it looking so good, it doesn’t appear to limit the range of motion at all. That’s pretty hard to do. Well for me it is, at least.

2 Likes

Hahaha very true, and yeah it went through several iterations before i found one that still allowed his legs to move

1 Like

Looking sick.

2 Likes

This is the best thing I’ve seen today. I really wish this were an actual set, in fact, I wish LEGO would outright make a Japanese Mecha theme that either created designs very similar to this, or outright got the licenses to create some of the most popular mechs from various anime in LEGO.

5 Likes

Now that you mention Evangelion, I can really see it…

Makes it even better

2 Likes

Great work, Looks much more compact with more detail.

2 Likes

A large improvement over the last but Still the last one was very impressive!

2 Likes

how do you color block

2 Likes

As much as I love the smoothness and compactness of this, I do like the original better.

2 Likes