Draw the Squad: TTV Edition

Thanks for mentioning, almost missed this one amongst all the other posts.

ya the one piece drawing is my favorite youve ever done, prpl
its the best
ever
HINT HINT wink wink nudge nudge

-Mesonak

12 Likes

I conducted and have presented myself according to the rules of the board and despite constant bait i did not draw this off-topic over a simply matter of phrasing on the internet.

I fear for the next person who expands on their thoughts on your art other than the generic praise for even praising your art in expanded text is something you despise.

I think Jonyatta’s chin is too big, Prpl

fite me

-Mesonak

15 Likes

The character likeness has been incredibly accurate from the start and even in situations where they replace movie and film characters the meaning and identity is not lost. Even the early work gets this and its only improved with time. Finding a great artist is one thing, but one that is constantly improving is another and its great seeing the work evolve over time from the two-colour backgrounds to more detailed art.

#Its awesome art

[spoiler] Hopefully you understand that i’m praising your work [spoiler]

Intentionally not spoilered the above spoiler so the message is not lost this time

I said praise meso :stuck_out_tongue:

(admittedly edited just as you posted, but meh) :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Purple, I want another One Piece drawing. I think that’d make you a better person and possibly not suck at things, cause I know what’s best for you.

Afterwards, I’ll grant you a lollipop.

15 Likes

bro you really should have just stopped posting about this a long time ago

21 Likes

Once again, you don’t seem to be able to differentiate the difference between critiquing artwork versus the character of the artist.

You can discuss whether or not Van Gogh felt trapped by his art in an art history class, if you’re really that desperate to psychoanalyze artists. You want to talk about the artwork? Good, talk about the artwork.

If you don’t like what the person is drawing, then that’s a completely different matter. No one is drawing anything for your personal enjoyment, and I can guarantee no one is wasting their time drawing something they don’t enjoy drawing.

13 Likes

But couldnt you have deleted his post, send him a PM and that would have probably been it?

And only so this post isnt off-topic;
Nice art

2 Likes

It’s a public opinion. You’re allowed to have wrong opinions here.

12 Likes

Oh so thats whats going on, I thought he went off-topic and then all this happend, once again I should read more

2 Likes

People have nothing to fear if they choose to critique my art, rather than make assumptions on what I go through as an artist. It’s invasive when strangers on the internet suggest what they think is best for me (unless I ask for advice, which in this case, I did not).

Why thank you your majesty for gracing a lowly artist like myself with your praise.

12 Likes

The recent post’s sarcasm was ONLY the hashtag (large text), not the remarks about the art. I actually believe those.

It was sarcastic solely because you seemed to straight-up ignore my attempts to tell you how good it is.

Once again, it was not intended to be directed at you as an artist I didnt write this out of some hatred, i just simply saw your art and having enjoyed it in the past i ended up coming to see the new art and thought it looked good so i commented. You seemed to let others feed your belief that i meant a certain way so even your first response to me was an insult.

The meaning was lost and you took it to mean something offensive and every post since you’ve treated it as such. It was likely badly phrased, you even supported the comment claiming it as such - so why dont you actually talk to me rather than be rude throughout all your comments. Yes, the comment was probably phrased badly and my suggestion did not mean what i intended it to, however is that any reason for all this negative backlash from all the staff.

I dont get it at this stage, i didnt mean any malace towards you but your first comment to me called me a snob and was rude to me and took my meaning harshly, and i have’nt been able to talk to you since without pscho-analysitic stuff, sarcasm or rudeness from yourself and other staff. You insulted everything about me, my personality, my way of commenting, my liking of your art… everything.

This is just a case of someone wanting to make a simply comment saying that its good and that some of the art seemed like it’d be more fun to draw - it was’nt supposed to be taken as some assumption or thing you had to follow.

2 Likes

Alright, this discussion has gone on long enough. It’s clear the party of Scarilian and the party of everyone else cannot reach an agreement, so I’m going to have to take the initiative of asking that we move on. Scarilian, if you are this adamant about redeeming yourself to Prpl, you are free to continue in private chat and see where that gets you.

It’s been fun, but this topic is about artwork, not deep, personal feelings.

20 Likes

Back on topic, I’ve always liked the humor in these, and all the easter eggs like my man Merlin Mann.

I love them all, Prpl.

5 Likes

these are the best

2 Likes

XD this is just hilarious! XD

1 Like

This is just too good. Keep up the good work @prpldragon

1 Like

Redrew one of my favorite pics from brickfair.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGlGNZcWsAA1aeF.jpg

37 Likes

Man i thought Meso looks fantastic but Var… he takes it to a whole new level

2 Likes