E3 2017

I played Mario galaxy and Super Mario Bros, those were nice, but the style of the new one are weird and I dont like them,

I also played a metroid game, which one? Who knows, but I didnt like it

1 Like

There very different types of Metroid games, the gamecube ones are supposedly the best. Never knock something unless you’ve given your best at giving it a shot. It’s impossible to forna proper opinion of Fallout by playing Fallout Shelter. In the same vain, you can’t form an intelligent opinion on Metroid Prime of you play Super Metroid or The Other M.

Also, you can’t go knocking games you haven’t even played yet. I almost didn’t try Bioshock because of that. Today it’s my favorite shooter. Break down your boundaries.

3 Likes

Looks awesome

1 Like

Your opinion no longer matters to me.

Spider-Man, Super Mario Odyssey, and Metroid games were what got me the most excited this year.

4 Likes

It hurts my heart to see how much cringe there was for Lego Dimensions.

I’m going to be honest I don’t get the Spiderman hype. It looks like an overly quicktimey arkham clone.

Also, if you want something that can be summed up as ‘Life is Strange, except good’, watch Steins;Gate.

1 Like

I can’t believe no one has mentioned that new Kirby.

1 Like

Hmmmm

1 Like

whoops i didn’t see that

2 Likes

Bethesda probably won for me…

“I have trash opinions”
Ftfy.

/s

If I had to rank E3 best shows it would be:
Devolver (they get honorary 1st place, it was far and away the most enjoyable, but they didn’t actually announce anything so I can’t really say they ‘won’.)
Nintendo (Nintendo by a mile had the best E3, everyone else showed 1-2 games that looked interesting, Nintendo pretty much only had interesting announcements, the only game I think people aren’t really interested in is the pokken port.)
Ubisoft (no Aisha Tyler and a genuinely interesting game lineup puts them surprisingly high up this year.)
Microsoft (honestly the rest were all pretty meh, but Microsoft edged out the others with a few announcements)
Sony (again, meh, a few interesting announcements but sensory overload from the continuous trailers ended up blurring everything together.)
Bethesda (I’m not interested in VR, few are interested in skyrim anymore, and no one cares about eso or ko hearthstone, if not for dishonored and wolfenstein I would have put be3 last.)
EA (originally EA was actually higher on the list, but when I thought about it, they really only announced one interesting game, since bf2 still just looks like ‘dice shooter 45 +stormtroopers’, and EA reached the highest levels of cringe.)

2 Likes

What? Other than the wii maybe, they really aren’t technologically innovative. (Even then the wii was weak as all get out) The switch is basically a Nvidia shield that’s been redesigned. The switch is what the wii U should’ve been and that’s a console powered hand held. They’ve dominated the hand held market for a while so it comes as little surprise that this would be their next integration. The new “meme box x one x x one box x” is innovative seeing as how powerful it is for a relatively low cost, although that’s just technologically so.

But yes, I do agree, I’d like not having their games be proprietary.

If you think 500 dollars is low cost, then hoboy how wrong you are. Nothing is low cost when it goes over 100 dollars.

1 Like

Technological innovation=/=power output

Technological innovation in gaming means to take a divergent path and create hardware that tries something new. That’s what innovation is all about. Taking something and going in interesting and risky places. Handhelds, dual screen gaming, motion controls, and hybrid consoles are all examples of new territory for faming as a whole at the times they were introduced.

Say what you will about Nintendo not chasing after the ideal pf being the most powerful console (that died with the gamecube, because despite it veing more powerful that the PS2 and XBOX, it didn’t sell as well), at the very least they’re great at taking bold risks. Microsoft and Sony’s hardware is just following begins PCs. All of the innovation there happenes years before they make each new console.

1 Like

Nintendo is innovating when it comes to options for gaming experience. Play at home or outside, with one or multiple players, on the go or by sitting, with regular controller or freehand controllers. Nintendo definitely gives more options right of the back when it comes to how you want to play games.

Also its 2010s, graphics are no longer a wow factor, we come to a almost same level of graphic quality. Whats more important is that the gameplay is enjoyable. The selling tropes of 4k are rather pointless and dumb, cause by this point standard 60 fps is more important.

I like beautiful artstyles and graphical prowess, but I’m still always willing to play old games even if it takes time to grow accustomed to dated visuals.

A lot of people also mistake art style for graphical capabilities. A game could have the potential for “great graphics” but all of that advanced lighting means squat if the artstyle isn’t good at all. Textures make or break a game a lot more than graphics do.

1 Like

but

p a i d m o d s

i guess $500 is low for an “upgrade” that just runs better.
yep, totally.

/s of course

But Elder Scrolls Legends…

But Minecraft in 4k

Bleh, I’ll just say that you’ll have a hard time finding something with that much power for that price anywhere, unless you’re able to find some used high end PC components for low prices. Do I particularly care for xbox stuff? No, not really. Bringing that level of performance to a $500 price range is respectable though, 4k 60fps is a lot harder to acheive than you may at first think. Do I think all their decisions are good ones? Noooooope. Has nintendo also jumped on the bandwagon of dlc, season passes, and paid online where it started a few years back? Yes, yes it has.

Hell, I like most of nintendo’s games. It would be nice if they were on other platforms though, being proprietary means I have to buy a console specifically to play them, but news flash, that console is pretty much only nintendo games. Also, I wouldn’t call a powerful handheld innovative, it’s always been an idea for a handheld system to be as powerful as a home system, including a display out on a handheld that powerful just seems like a logical thing to do. The switch isn’t new technology either, it’s using an nvidia tegra chip, which has been around since 2015.
That’s not to say I don’t like the concept of a powerful handheld. I absolutely do, calling it innovative is a bit of a stretch though.