E3 2017

Your whole definition of what is and isn’t innovative is, with all respect, completely bonkers.

The tech needed to create the wheel was easily accessible long before its creation, did that stop it from being innovative? The tech needed for the wagon existed long before people thought to combine a box and some wheels, does that delegitimize the fact that it was innovative? Innovation always relies on past knowledge or ideas that no one successfully combined commercially until that moment. A hybrid console that was both a legitimate home console and a portable gaming system has always been a dream, only now has it been fully realized as a reality. People used to dream about the possibility of a horseless carriage, that doesn’t stop the first cars from being innovative.

Powerful gaming systems? That dream has been realized time and time again. The PC is the only system on the forefront of power. If you’re looking for that, build one rather than wasting money on a supped up console that you can’t even change the components of as tech progresses.

3 Likes

Except the X actually doesn’t run 4k, the games we’ve seen haven’t been running at 4k.
But, you know, if you think a console failing to work as advertised is more innovative than the first hybrid console you do you m8.

1 Like

and the X1X does checkered rendering (on anthem and AC) so it isn’t even native 4k.

My professional opinion on E3:

Microsoft: 4k4k4k4k4k4k
Nintendo: 4
Sega: Hey we’re doing pretty good all things considered!
Sony: Wh-What happened?
Ubisoft: Nintendo, we have Miyamoto. We’ll release him once he makes our Mario Rabbids crossover good.

1 Like

Seems like a useless gimmick IMO. Why would I want to take my console places? Seems anti-social. If I’m leaving my home, it implies I’m doing something, which would mean I don’t need to be playing Video Games

Yes, I appreciate the comment. Well informed and adds to the discussion. It’s not like I grew up playing handhelds or anything.

Allow me to respectfully disagree and say that i think bringing higher end tech closer to the general market is good.

You can literally break your controller in half like a kitkat to play co-op, that is about as far from antisocial as I think possible.

Aside from that, even if you’re busy you’ll still have some downtime, even if only 5 minutes, that’s enough time for a match in splatoon or a fight or two in arms.

3 Likes

Home consoles do awful in Japan. They almost exclusively buy handhelds there. The rest of the world also seems to be preferring handhelds almost as much as home consoles. There are also a lot of people who only buy one or the other from Nintendo due to finances. Now, they can have both. I know a lot of people at Uni that prefer handhelds just because it means they won’t have to buy a TV.

2 Likes

only until you realize you can play high quality games while taking a :poop:.

3 Likes

That’s the definition of a portable console. Not even the Switch, that’s the definition of literally any portable gaming device. You bring them out to play games.

6 Likes

Long car trips, waiting at a doctor’s office, wanting to meet up with friends with a console as well for multiplayer, etc.

People play games on their phones anyways, so we already have a problem with anti-social people. Bringing a Switch ain’t gonna worsen that problem. Actually, I think it would encourage being social, considering how people would round up to see you play a game and comment on it.

9 Likes