E3 2018 Discussion Topic

I’m inclined to agree.

I think it was hype driven by the release of Pocket Camp and the lack of a new Animal Crossing game for a while. That being said, I wouldn’t rule out the announcement of an Animal Crossing at a later Direct sometime down the line. Perhaps Nintendo simply thought an Animal Crossing announcement wasn’t big enough to help carry their show, or maybe there isn’t enough info on it to announce anything yet.

That’s the same with Metroid Prime 4. All we got before was a teaser trailer that was basically saying “Hey, this is what we’re planning.” I highly doubt MP4 is very far into development yet, if at all.

Yoshi honestly does baffle me, I don’t see why we couldn’t have seen a little more. The game looked nearly done last time it was shown, but it has basically disappeared. Maybe it will fly under the marketing radar like Kirby Star Allies did.

It’s hard for me to really say who won E3 for me. All I was in it for was Sony and Nintendo, honestly, and they probably had some of the better presentations this year. Microsoft’s wasn’t very exciting to me because I don’t own an Xbox One anymore. Sony I was in for Spider-Man alone, and I was not disappointed there at all, I just really want the game already.

I don’t own a Switch, but I love Smash, so for me I was very happy to see it carry the show, even though I know others didn’t want it to. It’s hard for me to understand their positions, as I don’t play many Nintendo games aside from Smash. The new game looks beyond amazing, and I couldn’t care less about it not having as many new fighters if that means we can play as everyone else ever. I’m excited about the changes they are making to make it more competitive too, overall it’s looking to be the best Smash yet.