Eljay vs. Jang's Reviews

By the way, does Eljay plan to continue the Recent Reviews for the 2016 sets after he wraps up 08?

NickonAquaMagna is the best reviewer in my opinion, cutting the extraneous stuff and going straight into set design with a fair-minded but logical mindset and explanation.

10 Likes

Nickā€™s reviews arenā€™t for everyone (the length limits the potential viewership significantly IMO). But I absolutely love how he picks apart sets from an aesthetic point of view. As someone who invests a lot of time and energy into MOCing things that flow and look good, his reviews are a joy to watch.

9 Likes

Iā€™m never been certain about putting my trust into anyone whoā€™s subscribed to Game Grumps thoā€¦

Yeah; every time I watch one of his reviews, I feel inspired to go and make a MOC and focus mainly on achieving such an aesthetic flow; thereā€™s only one that I really feel like Iā€™ve succeeded on that front with, and itā€™s unfortunately not on my topic yet.

4 Likes

@Eljay Iā€™m sorry eljay, jang is better becauseā€¦

1. professional lighting and camera
  2. More views and subs
  3. Hes a cool guy
    (You are the best reviewer anyway.)
3 Likes

I canā€™t shake the feeling that Nick is a bit too apologetic toward some sets but it might be just me personally disagreeing with him. :stuck_out_tongue: Either way, I like watching his reviews from time to time as he often makes some good points about certain design choices.

2 Likes

To me, the best toy reviewer on YouTube is TJOmega or Type V3 :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately, they only do Lego videos every now and thenā€¦

And TJ doesnā€™t like Bionicleā€¦

As for strictly building toys like Lego or MB, my favorite reviewer is Jang.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Jangbricks General Discussion

I find his newer MOC to be rather impressive.
Can Eljay say the same, does he make MOCs and then review them. Nope :T

I donā€™t see the need to waste my time.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I generally watch Eljay for Bionicle. and Jang for system. Seeing as I find Eljayā€™s style better for forming my own opinion.

(Also watching the old recaps is oddly nostalgic)

ā€¦ Huh? What does this even mean? Because I feel that itā€™s a waste of my personal time to review my own creations, working for Lego is a waste of time all of a sudden?

4 Likes

Iā€™ll always favor Jang over Eljay. No offence @Eljay, Jang just seems to beā€¦ well, I canā€™t think of the word but it means that heā€™s better than you IMO

He didnā€™t say Mocing was a waste of time, what he was saying is that it would be a waste of time for him to review his own Mocs. He was clearly responding to what tesla said [quote=ā€œTeslaEffect, post:236, topic:384ā€]
Can Eljay say the same, does he make MOCs and then review them. Nope :T
[/quote] which really would be a waste of time for Eljay if heā€™s just reviewing his own Mocs.

3 Likes

I agree, personally.
Reviewing other mocs is fine, but reviewing your own creation seems pointless to me.