Eljay vs. Jang's Reviews

Eljay. his have a lot more charm. I do enjoy Jang every once in a while (like today) or if I want to see Ninjago reviews.

2 Likes

i have to agree

I like Jang more, but he doesn’t make the flaws seem as bad as they are. Like, he praises the set, but just doesn’t point out many cons, and with not much seriousness. It’s almost as if he’s trying to make your subconscious tell you to buy all the Legos…

6 Likes

Eljay. Sure, Jang’s videos are super clear and well-lit, but he just seems…robotic. Eljay has personality, but Jang is just “here’s the set.”

Eljay does the little skits at the beginning, he sprinkles humor throughout, and although it’s not the best visually, it’s just more fun.

Jang reminds me of the Brick Show, in that they praise the set no matter what.

6 Likes

He does overtly say that Skull Scorpio is a terribad set though :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

@Rockho While mentioning how he believes it was not the designers’ faults.

1 Like

I think I’d like it more if Eljay went the Jang path - giving his own personal opinions of the sets, rather than present an unbiased view (I know, that sounds wrong. It’s a matter of preference.). I enjoy Eljay’s opinions on topics, so I’d like to see his personal feelings on the BIONICLE sets.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s because Jang is more of a “retired fan” of Bionicle, or maybe it’s just that Eljay knows more about the set itself.

3 Likes

Seriously? I’ve heard Jang almost rip sets to shreds sometimes. If there’s a set that Jang thinks is bad (of which there are several) he won’t be afraid to say so. If anything, I almost find that he doesn’t praise some sets enough.

Really? One of Jang’s most endearing features for me is his personality. I find that he has a certain charisma.

I personally don’t like BrickShow for a variety of reasons. Now don’t get me wrong, Jason and Stephen are probably really awesome and dedicated LEGO fans that would be awesome at conventions. However, I don’t think their review style for many of the same reasons that I like Jang’s. Jang isn’t over the top. BS is sometimes. Jang doesn’t use number ratings. BS give sets all sorts of /10 ratings (which I really hate). Jang points out flaws and positives equally. I find that BS sometimes drone on and leave you asking “so… what are they trying to say?”. Most of all, I love Jang’s sense of brutal honesty and his seemingly unending desire to improve.

Of course, all of this is very biased opinion coming from a self-professed Jang fan. I’d like to hear other people’s opinions.

9 Likes

I like both styles of reviews equally but I think that Eljay’s review style is more useful if you are considering buying a set as he points out almost every detail and whether it is positive or negative- which is useful because most of the sets he reviews are old and can be very expensive so it is useful to know its pros and cons and exsclusive pieces etc. But Jang is still great and he was the reason I started watching YouTube back when he did only constraction so I owe him a lot.

2 Likes

I am with you on this, Jang is a great guy and a big part of my internet life.

And I never liked BS. they seemed to be a little too much "Oh hey! this is my face! this is me! look at wonderful me! oh what? you say you wanted a set review? have a rating.

4 Likes

i have to agree

1 Like

That is pretty insulting, quite funny and very true all at once. :laughing:

7 Likes

I watch both and I’ma tell you what is what about them.

JANG
he has a very professional style and standard. He obtains sets quickly and posts verry often. He rewiews practically anything made with bricks. Especially lately his reviews are no nonsense, they get straight to the point. His personality does show in his reveiws through his charismatic humor.

Eljay
Eljay reveiws i n a fun and energetic way. His reveiws may be less “professional” however they are thoroughly enjoyable. His method of reviewing with pros and cons is informative and helpful. The recommendation provided at the end of each review is also helpful in summarizing.

Now that that is out of the way I have this to say. I watch Jang’s content because it is good and informative, but I watch Eljay’s because of him, even the recaps of sets I have.

Well that’s my thoughts…

8 Likes

jang he has more time and money along with a better backround eljay does more bonkle but jang has everythig

Jang does it better because he is more professional and his voice doesn’t make me want to personally go over to his house and stuff his stupid mask down his throat.

3 Likes

Has anyone ever told you what a kind, thoughtful, and delightful person you are? :smiley:

26 Likes

no.

never.

5 Likes

Surprising, really.

-MT

10 Likes

What’s wrong with Eljay’s voice? At least it’s not monotone and boring like Jang’s voice.

I have nothing against Jang; he’s a great reviewer. But to me, Eljay is just better.

3 Likes