Eljay vs. Jang's Reviews

Well, Eljay’s shtick is reviewing every single Bionicle set that has been released. I’m just saying if I was Jang, I wouldn’t start buying every single Bionicle G1 set when someone has already done them and is 80% finished anyway. Also Jang reviews mostly System and sometimes Playmobil or Mega Blox so he is just too busy.

3 Likes

But Jang’s thoughts on the sets might differ from Eljay’s/The Community as a whole.

Yes I know, but I’m just saying is that Jang reviews much more than Eljay and therefore has a more packed review schedule. At the current amount of reviews Jang’s putting out, I couldn’t see him having the time to get all the sets and review them. And Jang doesn’t go back anyways cause the sets bring nothing new to the table like @legomaster1378 said.

And Jang needs to have time for the wifey. :smile:

2 Likes

Don’t forget the fact that Jang’s LEGO career started with BIONICLE MOCs. :wink:

Sometimes I seriously wonder how the guy makes time for his regular life between a full-time job and LEGO. He must have one heck of a schedule.

4 Likes

Maybe Jang’s a robot.

/s. I’d be interesting to see what a day in Jang’s shoes would be like.

4 Likes

Still. His review time is devoted to system mostly. :slight_smile:

Nowadays yes. Though I believe that’s in large part due to heightened viewer interest.

2 Likes

And he reviews non-LEGO sets.

Question: In the latest Makuta Phantoka review of @Eljay 's, did he say that Vamprah’s lower arms were “Bohrok arms”?

I don’t have a problem with that, it was a little funny, but I can’t confirm because checking the subtitles probably wouldn’t help. :smile:

Jang is Professional about it and somehow keeps it memorable eljay is random and linear but keeps his reviews memorable in some ways as well

3 Likes

Some great skits for example

1 Like

Somebody should make skit compilations one of these days…

1 Like

The recents just received a massive jump in quality.

3 Likes
  • Eljay
  • Jang

0 voters

There ye go!

6 Likes

Is it just me or does Jang get increasingly expressive in his box openings?

7 Likes

And he has nice knives

6 Likes

… which he uses to shave with. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Jang’s first “educational” video in comparison to Eljay’s two edu vids concerning CCBS and the colour wheel

10 Likes

I honestly do prefer Jang’s reviews (sorry Eljay) because they are more professional, sometimes more accurate, and because he simply reviews more. Not only Bionicle and System, but also stuff like Mega Bloks! I just prefer the variety and I like that I can find a review by him for almost any modern Mega Bloks or Lego set.

4 Likes

Well @Eljay, He has now done all 2015 sets (except The Villain Pack that was a Russia Exclusive i think) and he has done the combination model for the skull villains. And he has (i think) reviewed all the 2016 winter sets so yea, here a link https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLprPXqd7y-iUOJz5SnLMxFTMOgOV0Unr8

1 Like

I like Jang, I like Eljay, That’s basically all there is to it.

3 Likes