Eljay vs. Jang's Reviews

I agree 100% I watch jang for high quality Lego reviews, and Eljay for the bionicle community opinion on a set

1 Like

eh not a fan of JangBricks, yeah, his videos are well produced but his interactions with the lego community leaves much to be desired and, in my opinion, he comes off as a very arrogant person when he does his off shoot videos about buying lego pieces.

Eljay & RolloutReviews I can get behind on that, Their production qualities are great, very informative, and entertaining. NickonAquaMagna Iā€™m not familiar with so canā€™t make an opinion on.

1 Like

I can see your point of view and agree to an extend because of the experience I had with Jang.

I wouldnt say RolloutReview is excluded from the arrogance thing, but when two arrogant roosters collide, the line of who is right makes no sense anymore (The funny note: Guess what Trans colour Pohatu has argument, yay from a to the z)

Eljay is okay as a person, no current issues with him, except some Bionicle Age naming things in the past. But thats also going into deep nitpick area like with Rollout. (as a funny note: ā€œGolden Age incorporates 2004 as well, Silver age is the Ignition age, Bronze age is the Bara Magna sagaā€¦you infidel of my opinions, how dare you not agree with me, blarga, blarga blarga blargā€)

NickonAquaMagna I advise you watch his Bionicle and Hero Factory reviews, some of his views were of the time so they may end up a bit weird when you try to hear them now, but his attention to detail and the imagination put forth in the review discussions are not to be excluded. Cant wait for his 2016 reviews, thats all Ill gonna say now.

NEW NOTE (when eljay moved this comment here): Didnt knew this thread existed, lewl.

I dunno, Eljays specific Bionicle related videos hold a better place in my opinionated heart than the general Jang ones. Half of his videos I dont even watch because he does all the stuff, but master of none (as in he does wide range of stuff so he doesnt go too much in detail nor is he a specific fan of a line anymore). Eljay is the master of Bionicle stuff so thats why I will primarily go to him when proper Bionicle stuff is desired.

PS: Jang showed his face, Eljay didnt. If he did, Eljay would be the supreme overlord here, also cmon Eljay, JUST DO IT!

3 Likes

Why? Itā€™s not like he neglects his fans, interacting with them in the comments and the like. He just doesnā€™t promote BrickLink stores, which I personally think is fine. You wouldnā€™t do it with a vendor from Amazon or eBay, so why would you do it for a BL account?

Arrogant? Itā€™s not like he says ā€œIā€™m better and richer than you lololololololā€ ever video. Jang is just buying stuff he wants/needs for his hobby.

3 Likes

Yeah, I see your points. Iā€™ll definitely check out some of NickonAquaMagna vids.

@Plural those are not my issues with him and Iā€™m not going to get into it.

If youā€™re not going to point them out, then whatā€™s the point in posting? Your original post would just be a belated ā€œI agree with youā€, which are against the rules.

Jang goes in detail, tons in fact. He just knows how to do it in a short enough time to keep the viewer interested. As for the ā€œspecific fanā€ thing, I donā€™t see why he should make videos it for a single subsection of the community at large, especially if heā€™s interested in the company as a whole.

3 Likes

Agreed. Nickā€™s reviews are very long but he has a very unique (as you said, ā€œimaginativeā€) style that you donā€™t see really anywhere else.

I donā€™t really get this. Jang proffesses to not being a big fan when it comes to Super Heroes or Star Wars The Clones Wars, but you can plainly see his passion about City, BIONICLE and Hero Factory.

I couldnā€™t agree with this less. I understand you donā€™t wanna go into it further. However, I find it plainly obvious that Jang is one of the most humble, hard-working, honest people in the LEGO community. You can see it in his videos, his comments and his blog posts.

2 Likes

Jangā€™s blog has a a lot of cool stuff on it, like his explanation for LEGO Prices.

1 Like

Woah, I somehow completely missed that blog post. Thatā€™s utterly fascinating. Now I feel kinda silly for believing the licensing mark-up myth for the past 5 yearsā€¦

1 Like

Its just City now with his Town builds, since he didnt do any major Constraction MOCs since he shifted towards major reviews.

Fair point. He did do his Lorne revamp and a ton of Chibi adaptations. But I see what you mean.

3 Likes

In comparison to his numerous HF and Bionicle MOCs when he started his page, this is a drastic ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  in content, Right when he stopped making so much constraction MOCs is when he started doing his LEGO City creations.

@legomaster1378 Yeah, thats kinda, sorta, in a way, fo sure dippy fresh sure what I saidā€¦possibly.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  away from dominant Constraction more around the time when he started seriously reviewing System?

1 Like

For Bionicle I prefer @Eljayā€™s reviews since he adds comedy but Iā€™ll watch Jang for everything else

1 Like

ā€¦

ā€¦Iā€™m guessing youā€™ve never seen his reaction to purple parts.

4 Likes

Jangs? Yes I have, but I still prefer the skits at the beginning of the recaps and recents

If Iā€™m honest, Jangā€™s older mocs werenā€™t really goodā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m looking at 'em through nostalgia goggles, but I always thought he was a fine MOCer. What MOCs are you referring to?

3 Likes

Wellā€¦

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thejang/4504338045/

Thereā€™s also his Dark Mirror Gali that I couldnā€™t find.

5 Likes

That blue and black HF MOC is alright IMO. But man did he use a lot of pre-fab limbs back thenā€¦

3 Likes