Eljay's AMA

gotcha, thanks

If I add a few high-quality panels now and then, would it be enough? I’m not sure I have the time to devote to a high-tier TTV fancomic, although I would sure love to :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
  1. Can you speak any language besides English, and if so what are they?
  2. Also, how fluent are you in said language(s)?
  3. How can @Radiation-7901 stop procrastinating?
  4. Coke or Pepsi?
  5. Will there be a TTV Review for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story?
2 Likes

Good point. You win this round Eljay. :mask:

2 Likes

New comic for you silly goose muffins:

11 Likes

I’ve been thinking something about stuff recently and I figured you’re the best to consult since set reviews are your specialty ElJay.

Now when I critique or review something, I feel that there has to be a degree of objectivity in addition to being subjective. A review or critique heavily implies that you will be giving your opinion, but I digress. For instance: Let’s say I’m judging a ballet dancer and they are doing a dance that goes Pirouette-split-pirouette. There is two scenarios and the first one is that the dancer does Pirouette-Pirouette-Pirouette. At that point the dancer didn’t do the right dance. I was expecting Piroutte-Split-Pirouette. Regardless of opinions on the dance, the dancer’s performance is questionable because the wrong dance was performed. My viewpoint is now influenced by soemthing the dancer did that is defined as wrong.

Second scenario: the dance is performed correctly. Objectively speaking, the dancer did the right dance. Now I say how I feel the dancer did being subjective about it. My viewpoint is also not influenced by the 1st scenario so I can judge better.

Basically my logic for reviews/critiques is you need to figure what the thing being critiqued/reviewed does right objectively speaking. Then you express how well or how bad the thing did what it set out to do from your viewpoint.

What are your thoughts on this?

1 Like

during mnog you and meso were laghing at sanso could you explain the joke now that biocraft is dead and also did you know the mods are making metru nui in there minecraft relms matanui server to scale with mata nui in game

Do you have what it takes to be a supermodel?

17 Likes

Do you still have your cardboard miru?

I finally took the time to listen to the ever-controversial Episode 184. While I assume someone has already made this point, just in case they haven’t, I will.

You assert in the episode that Chronology comes before the hierarchy, so, if something comes first which contradicts something that comes later, even if it is lower on the hierarchy, first come, first served. You say that the first time Lewa’s name was pronounced was in the BIONICLE movie, and that the first time it is given an official written pronunciation was two years later, in the BIONICLE encyclopedia. At the time, something about this struck me as wrong, and after a little looking, I remember what it was. I first learned to pronounce Lewa as LAY-WAH, from a book which you neglected to mention. I have checked the copyright dates, and they are from August 2003, one month before Mask of Light hit DVDs. This book is the Official Guide to BIONICLE, and in it, Lewa’s name is given clear pronunciation as LAY-wah.

Now, the question: were you aware of this, and does it change your pronunciation?

1 Like

Another new comic for our boy, Eljay:

8 Likes

Meso saying “I want chocolate” at the end is really funny to me for some reason.

2 Likes

So, now that you’re done with he recaps:

If you ad to start over and do the recaps over again, what, if anything, would you do differently?

~W12~

I think you’ve got the right idea as far as reviewing goes. I did things differently throughout the Recap Reviews. Starting out, it was straight up my opinion. It was based heavily in community thoughts and spending time learning what the general consensuses is. Later on, I moved into what one could accurately call an overview as opposed to a review, since it wasn’t my opinion, but that of others.

I can see the merits to all styles of review. Personally, I do prefer an objective overview style, but right after that I enjoy to review things from my point of view. I think that reviews, somehow, will have to represent you on some level. The challenge is figuring out how strongly you feel about whatever it is you are looking at.

Hopefully that answers your question.

1. Look for the books in Le-Koro.
  2. Yes, I am aware. I wish them the best.

That ain’t for me to decide. =P

I became aware of it after the episode came out, which sucks since I do own the book and would have had to have seen it at some point. As it stands, no, it does not. I still don’t believe that “LAY-wa” is proper outside of an accent, and even then it’d be “LEH-va”, but Greg didn’t do that. “LEE-wa” still has a strong presence, and I don’t think the changing of generations changes the pronunciation.

Yup.

http://i.imgur.com/n6ZCapY.png

Aw yeah, chocolate time!

I’d give them more structure. Visually and talking point-wise. And I’d have a nice looking summary at the end. Generally, making them look and feel like better videos.

6 Likes

What would you say is your favorite part of being in the TTV?

2 Likes

Don’y worry Eljay, I have tons more comics. Although I’m going to try really hard to only post one per answer blurb.

9 Likes

That mask has to go, if you love it you have to let it go man, its beaten up

4 Likes

You know that doesn’t apply to Bionicle

2 Likes

Yeah, I still have a bunch of broken pieces that are totally worthless…

No, you have a problem

2 Likes

Getting to do things that people enjoy, and interacting with so many people that, hopefully, I can make happy.

6 Likes