Eljay's new Miru

The visor part was made by heating a tinted acrylic sheet and forming it to the right shape to fit in the mask. Lights behind the Visor would have allowed people to see through it and made it harder to see out. which given the shape of the mask is already a little tricky. Eljay is going to bump into a few things while at brickfair.

1 Like

Ah ok I see

This is briliant.
Major props, man

Woah… that is really really cool! 3D printing never ceases to amaze me.

Well, well! We have ourselves a real mask-maker here!
I really like seeing how it all goes together. It’s like a big puzzle, but it’s uniform, and there aren’t any pieces missing or any pieces of any other puzzles smushed sideways into place so it looks right. Not that that’s happened to me. Much.

I bet Eljay was very impressed too!

Just… be careful with the power you wield, okay? “With great power” and all that.
Don’t go fusing all six elements together or getting stuck in a shadow realm or anything like that. Be wary of the future visions, and if you get turned into a half-beast, spinners are your friend :wink:

3 Likes

You are too late! I already have created the Mask of ULTIMATE POWER. With it I shall rule the message boards.

Also Eljay’s exact words when he received the mask were:
To say I’m blown away would be an understatement. This mask is spectacular in every way, shape, and form. I have absolutely zero complaints. It’s so high quality, and an improvement in every way to my prior mask. Considering the trip I will be going on, I feel this mask was worth every cent. Thank you for not only the original offer, but for the work and time you put into it. It’s fantastic.

12 Likes

This is fantastic work.

Omg, this is beautiful! O.O If I weren’t broke, I’d totally see about commissioning a 2015 Kaukau from you. :stuck_out_tongue: Btw, are you thinking of doing this treatment to any other masks?

1 Like

It looks perfect

This is a masterpiece.

Impressive work in every sense of the word. Absolutely fantastic.

1 Like

I love this thing.

1 Like

It is work like yours that makes me think that a live action Bionicle movie could be amazing. Well done.

This is the best version.

So, how much did you charge Eljay for the 3D modeling and printing? Or what I should ask: how much do you charge for a similar project? I mean, I don’t have spare money lying around right now, but if I did, I definitely would spend it on stuff like this.

He bought the mask off me for $220. The Miru’s design is rather simple so it didn’t take me too long to make. I am working on a second Miru for myself and if I get enough interest I will make a mold of the mask to make fiberglass copies. More details can be found in the post above

Yeah, I saw the above post, I’m not really a big Miru guy, I was just trying to get an idea of what you might charge if commissioned for another mask.

If you can get enough people willing to spend $70-100 on a single mask design (15 or more) I can justify making another mask and creating a mold of that. I currently am working on a model of the Avohkii and was thinking of making a full scale one for myself.

5 Likes

Okie, I’ll ask around and see if I can sell anyone. :wink: Lol, that’s gonna look fantastic! ^^ How do you get the models so accurate, btw? Do you use the Pepakura models and make them more smooth and solid or something like that?

1 Like

http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/8/0/8084259259e91a44f75a1e45262a277c3e660cf9.png

From simple villager to Toa master levels of quality (the mask :mask: is what I meant, not Eljay :kissing:)

Good Job.

10 Likes