Oops I forgot to update how I made the mask yesterday so I will post yesterdays and today's
When the Acrylic sheet arrived, I made a pattern for the visor and cut it out on my scroll saw.
Putting it into the oven heated it to a temperature where it became flexible. This allows me to shape it on a inverse to the inside of the mold I had printed.
It fitted perfectly into the mask and no one could see it through it.but I could see out, it felt like I was wearing a very large pair of sunglasses.
With the Mask as smooth as I could get it. (even then i wasn't happy with it) I painted it black to help the gold stand out.
Then I painted it gold and applied rub n buff gold leaf to finish it.
I wanted the mask to be as comfy as I could so I cut out 6mm eva foam to act as in inlay to the mask. and glued that in place. on the sides and top are Velcro where I wanted the headband to attach to. And the gaps in the mouth were covered up with a black fabric.
The head band was designed for a go pro. I re-purposed it by adding a little eva foam and velcro. The velcro in the mask and on the head band mean you can adjust it for your head and the way it sits.
I realized after I sent it I forgot to trim the fabric after I glued it. The threads might have been tickling Elja's nose a little bit as he was wearing it around Brick Fair.
But there you have it. One finished Great Kanohi Miru.
Phew! I am glad that I was able to get this all up. I hope everyone enjoyed this, and don't be afraid to ask me anymore questions.