Empire of Insects (signups)

I’m not saying that the outcome of these fights in the videos should determine the outcome of the fights in the actual RP. But rather I’m saying they could help to give foresight and visualize how a fight would play out given both bugs’ abilities and help players prepare a defensive move ahead of time in response to certain moves the other bug may make.

Because of the anthropomorphism of most characters, I assumed that also meant we would be able to take a few creative liberties with anatomy. As such, her wings and carapaces(also thank you for actually telling me what they are) were moved to the arms. I can get rid of that if you really want me to and just give her two half-shields that can lock together into a bigger one, but I just thought the whole “using part of her body as a pretty decent shield” thing would give the race a unique ability.
And if anything, she could probably have armored coverings on them for better shield-ness as well., since that was another gripe you seemed to have with them.

I can try to come up with some other things, but considering we’ve already altered the anatomy of many bug species(specifically the antlion and, since you used them as an example, the mantis) to “change form”/metamorphasize, I figured a slight change like this could work as well.
Or maybe they evolved to where both had to use this ability to attract mates as opposed to just the males attracting the females, if that would work.

I blame being tired

In all honesty, yes. I think I started the sentence, got up to do something, came back to finish writing, forgot I was in the middle of the sentence and started a new thought, then came back to it. I must have missed it when proofreading, too.

1 Like

Question, do you plan for your Leo to mature into an adult fly in this RP?

No. He’s going to be in the larvae state for the whole RP, since the tendencies of said form are what led to his capabilities and style of fighting, in that he lays traps, like an antlion’s nest.

1 Like

Well I’ll make sure to have my characters look out for inverted anthill-shaped formations in the sand :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He’d probably dig pits in paths and lay leaves over them or something. Nothing so obvious.

Oh no, they’re becoming smart!

Please do. That’s a pretty drastic anatomical change.[quote=“Runa, post:228, topic:49830”]
I can try to come up with some other things, but considering we’ve already altered the anatomy of many bug species(specifically the antlion and, since you used them as an example, the mantis) to “change form”/metamorphasize, I figured a slight change like this could work as well.
[/quote]

Well, that’s fair.[quote=“Runa, post:223, topic:49830”]
Felicia the Swift
[/quote]

Approved.[quote=“Bramsley, post:196, topic:49830”]
Here’s my take on Yuburu
[/quote]

I completely missed this

Not what I was going for, but still incredibly well done. You should compile these at some point and make a topic for them.

3 Likes

That’s fair enough then. Eleanor’s been edited now. Hopefully to a sufficient degree, @Ghid

Question for @Ghid How sentient would silkworms be within the land of Grales? would they be sapient like most of the normal races or more animistic like the millipedes? I was thinking of a character who would use silkworms as personal silk dispensaries.

Side note: the main reason I gave Yuburu a single forelimb (besides the fact I though it looked cool) was to show he was still young, whereas mature Mantids would have two.

Close to millipede levels, but nonexistent in the land of Grales. Silk is a foreign import only matched by the mysterious fabric the Weaver sells.

(I had a headcanon where certain bugs who had animals in their nickname would act like those animals. For example Horseflies would be like horses, dragonflies would be like dragons and antlions would be likens. But that probably wouldn’t work in this universe.)

The character would be a Moth if that would explain their connections to the silk trade

Now that could work. He could be part of the group soon to be arriving in Grales.[quote=“Runa, post:223, topic:49830”]
Eleanor the Red
[/quote]

Approved.

2 Likes

The sneakiest of Peaks (Bonus points to the person who guesses which type of moth this guy is).

1 Like

Now just how many eye puns can I get out of this charming fellow

3 Likes

t0 0p pls n3rf

Here’s a quick little Doodle I did of Sopter

5 Likes

It’s adorable, I love it

Edit;
For future reference I kinda Invision Sopter to look similarly to Leviathan from Atlantis the lost empire

5 Likes

When you’re the first person picked on the dodgeball team

7 Likes