Empire of Insects (signups)

Until I have a good reason to create oneor until the mods have a system for working out flagged posts in DMs, yes.

Yay! Thanks, I may still wait a bit before I bring him in. And were there such things as non-foreign moths, or did I just make that up?

Okay then.

I may warn you that this topic will probably be filled with a lot of meaningless questions by me though

Also, is the fact that the Emperor was assassinated common knowledge?

1 Like

Maybe not super common, but definitely everyone in the capitol knows.

2 Likes

Also, would you be alright with me introducing Scalthus in the Sand Tavern(?)

Gotcha, and to Lilth there would be no other info than that? Also I mad a slight edit to his Appearance area. I just gave him his own badge, so it has no real power, but it is intimidating.

Sure.[quote=“TheMOCingbird, post:133, topic:49830, full:true”]
Gotcha, and to Lilth there would be no other info than that? Also I mad a slight edit to his Appearance area. I just gave him his own badge, so it has no real power, but it is intimidating.
[/quote]

Probably. Yuburu doesn’t exactly trust everyone under his wing, and there’s a rather interesting reason for that…

And that’s fine, but next time screen any edits by me before you add them.

1 Like

Oh, I was letting you know that way you could re-approve him and screen him again.

1 Like

For the sake of potential financial transactions in this game, what is the exact currency that people buy and trade with?
My personal idea was that it would be some type of crystal, like sugar or salt.

1 Like

I assume coins

miniature coins that can fit between an insect’s claws?

Or if we’re talking about actual life-sized coins, that’s even more absurd.

Teeny itty bitty coins

I don’t know, there’s just something about it that doesn’t seem…practical to me.

Yes well neither is insects developing cults and metal smithing but the rule of cool reigns supreme

2 Likes

Hm, currency…

I’d prefer some kind of unique name, but I imagine it’s some coin-like currency. I’m open to suggestions.

Time to bust out fantasy name generators

Yeah I know it’s a bit hypocritical of me to say, but imagining little insects hammering on super-heated metal, cutting out small circles of it and inscribing symbols…it doesn’t feel right, at least watching it from a human’s perspective.

I also thought Crystal’s would be more fitting for the “fantasy” setting of this RP.

Name: Vachy
Species: Firebug
Capabilities: Can lift objects 2,5-3 times his size, has a protective shell made out of amber, has four strong and fast arms, possesses a few rather weak weapons, like slingshots, can sense/detect/smell any being or object in an area of 60 metres, if he felt it’s smell before.
Appearance:

But… You know… Anthropomorphic. He walks on his two “back” legs and has the amber shell completely covering his wings, tho still resembling it’s pattern. He wears a small hat and has a walking stick that is actually hollow in the inside (he uses it mostly to collect the stones or the ammo for his slingshots). He also wears a rather expensive vest, especially for the other firebugs.
Bio: Vachy is a merchant. Every day he travels from a corner of the empire to another on board of his mobile store that doubles as a house. The store is pulled by two millipedes, and it has a myriad of different objects: from cheap to expensive ones, from useless to priceless ones, tho most of them would be considered pretty casual and easy to find in another store. Vachy also has another, more normal house at the edge of the Great Forest. When he feels that he had got enough money from his store business he retreats to his house in the woods. He is kind and jockey, tho he doesn’t appreciate when somebody tries to trick him into making a discount or selling valuable items for cheap prices.

Name: Capry
Species: Great Capricorn Beetle
Capabilities: Very strong, resistant, has great stamina, agility and endurance, he is basically a Captain America of the insect world.
If Cap would be slow.
This is Capry’s main weakness. He is pretty slow and easily distracted.
Appearance:

He’s a male, so the one in the left.
And again, he’s anthropomorphic. Imagine all of his black plating as armour. He wears a helmet that is covering most of his face, except his mouth (which is placed right between his mandibles), his eyes, and two wholes from which the antennae stick out. He has a belt with a sword and wears boots on his back four limbs, even if he usually uses the middle pair as arms instead of legs. He is also about one head taller than most other bugs.
Bio: Capry really wishes to help his people, and especially the royal family. At the time og the emperor’s death, he was actually considering to join the imperial guard. He can be pretty stupid at times, attribute which pairs with his slowness, but he is always trying his best.
He is kind and nice, tho sometimes quick to anger and hotheaded, acting without concern of the results.

Hope they are good.

1 Like