Empire of Insects (signups)

Here ya go

Sesterces?

A bit of a tongue-twister, but it has a nice ring.

Maybe Sterces for short?

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds better.

OH @Ghid I had a different idea for currency: maybe it’s a trading system? Or perhaps that could be a separate economy for a trade market?

Is there uh

Any evidence that the firebug can do this? Because otherwise, no.[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:146, topic:49830”]
When he feels that he had got enough money from his store business he retreats to his house in the woods
[/quote]
Uh, no. Nobody lives in the woods for good reason.[quote=“Ghid, post:1, topic:49830”]
They know not to tread into that great body of trees… Insects that dare to venture in farther than a short distance are never seen again.
[/quote][quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:146, topic:49830”]
not too far away by the local lumberjack, who just so happens to be his best friend.
[/quote]

Who?[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:146, topic:49830”]
He is pretty slow and easily distracted. This is the main reason why he wasn’t accepted in the ranks of the Rhino beetles.
[/quote]

Most Rhino Beetles in the Holos are not exactly speed demons, so this isn’t much of a disqualification. Maybe he could be trying to get in?[quote=“Mctoran, post:151, topic:49830”]
I had a different idea for currency: maybe it’s a trading system? Or perhaps that could be a separate economy for a trade market?
[/quote]

Barter and currency aren’t the same thing. Yes, there’d no doubt be some system of barter in place, but there’d probably be some form of currency as well.

1 Like

There was a name in the currency system that got my attention:

petals

What if we had flower petals as a currency? The more exotic/beautiful the flower, the more it’s worth?

1 Like

But that’d be extremely fragile.

1 Like

True, but maybe they could be fresh petals or-I DON’T KNOW DON’T QUESTION MY LOGIC!

And what of someone gets their hands on some rare seed and begins a farm? There’s a lot of variables

Uhm…

Previously I said that it is at the edge of the forest, so just a few couple of miles/hundreds of metres (depending how close the forest is of the city) away of the actual city. I said “in the woods” the second times because I didn’t wanted to repeat myself.

The local lumberjack. Do I need to name him too?

OK, I’ll change that.
Tho when I said slow I mostly referred slower than the rhino beetles. I never expected them to be extremely fast.

1 Like

i’m still hoping for crystals.

Okay but @Ghid seriously. How much of this did you get from Holo Knight?

If you mean Hollow Knight, zero.

Really? That’s surprising given the number of parallels.

1 Like

@Ghid So are they accepted? Do I need to change anything to them?

I say we call the money Oeg/s

And there’s the problem.[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:157, topic:49830”]
The local lumberjack. Do I need to name him too?
[/quote]

Yes because he’s besties with an NPC with an established role - of which he’s apparently the only one - whom I didn’t confirm actually exists.[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:162, topic:49830”]
So are they accepted? Do I need to change anything to them?
[/quote]

Not yet.

I’m about to introduce the most OP character:

/s

Pfft tardigrades they’re like d tier at best