Empowered Mode [Artwork] [Pitch]

Basicly an upgrade to their current form.

1 Like

Ask and ye shall receive…I think.

I think that I need to work on his mist aura; let me know.

Spear is encased in ice, a reference to Snow’s ax in Lightning Returns and that sword piece from LEGO. Shoulders are beefy as a reference to Kopaka Master, feet as a reference to Nuju Metru.

1 Like

I love the design, but the mist is a bit hard to see. Is there anyway to darken the background so that the mist is more visible?

Possibly, though it’s likely going to be easier for me to go over the mist again.

That being said, while I have your attention, do you think an aura of mist is better, or just a straight up blizzard?

1 Like

Blizzard might be better, just to show the raw power.

Righto.

Let’s see if this works better.

A blizzard is easy enough

A localized blizzard wrapping around an individual is something else entirely.

Edited for Double Post - Slime

1 Like

Definitely an improvement on the design! I’ll add it up top!

Not a reaction that I expected, but certainly a welcome one!

Lewa will likely be next, as long as I don’t screw up her pose. Either tomorrow (depending how late work finishes) or the next day.

Okay, not double-posting this time (sorry Slime), and here’s Lewa.

A tornado with outstretched arms is an odd beast…as is a glow with pencils. I certainly wanted to be a bit more dynamic with this one, and thankfully I didn’t muck the pose up too badly. Like I said, inspired by Nidhiki’s Big Darn Heroes moment from The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet. I might need to work on the tornado outline though…

1 Like

I like the concept for Lewa, and I agree that the tornado needs work. Still, a very welcome addition!

Worked a bit on the lines for the tornado. Should show up better now.

Now, Pohatu or Onua next…?

2 Likes

Tornado looks much better, now.

Pohatu sounds good. Save the best for last

I keep screwing up the proportions…and don’t even get me started on the colours.

Nevertheless, Pohatu Nova.

I could have gone for a more tornado sandstorm, ala G2’s animations, but I was aiming for something a bit more Dragon Ball-esque and unique, especially since Lewa just has a straight-up tornado.

The feet are of course, a reference to the original Pohatu. Guess you could say that the stone-encrusted gauntlets are a reference to Pohatu Phantoka’s propellers.

2 Likes

His feet look like he’s wearing slippers, but I like the effect of the stone and sand encircling him

1 Like

Dangit, cannot unsee now that you’ve said that.

1 Like

Honestly, it fits with Pohatu’s personality: saving the world in style :laughing:

1 Like

Almost finished with Onua.
Debating between waves of earth or a cage of vines. It’s difficult to decide…any thoughts?

1 Like

I’d go with cages of vine, maybe some tree branches growing out of his back to act as additional limbs

1 Like

Okay, Onua Nova.

This took multiple inspirations. Onua himself has crystal armour, including a nod to the Uniter add-on piece, and the Beast’s crystals, and to that sketch up the top, which seems to be alluding to his Mata claws. The vines were arranged in an x-shape, and I’m still wondering if the potential to twist them into limbs ala Deoxys is there…it may need some work.

Ah, but did you think that I was finished? Nope! Here’s Voriki Nova!

Very much a Super Saiyan 2/3 influence, and a bit of Electro/Hero Factory for the “veins” on her armour. Ended up being a smaller image than I’m used to, and yes…I screwed up the mask big time. The colour scheme is a bit all over the place, and the Nuva symbol (if she even has one), is just a placeholder. Sort of an amalgamation of that minifigure design by @ZceeNook and @Oomatu 's (at least, I think it’s his) designs from the Brainstorm covers.

3 Likes