ES-77 Kabutomushi Gundam

my first custom gundam kit

made with HG Zabanya,Seraphim,Exia and spraypaint

EDIT:
I painted the V-fin white as suggested by @joe

20 Likes

The horn is a bit odd, but over all I like it! The color scheme is also nice.

1 Like

Everything looks solid except for the horn.

It doesn’t look very integrated for a rhino-beetle’s horn.

1 Like

I agree…looks very well-done aside the horn…I think.

1 Like

Just so people can see, a Kabutomushi is a Japanese rhino-beetle.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/151658458-kabuto-mushi-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=vwavE201I3BTwPTp13hsluCajh1Y7W3h18YR8No1â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 9sr8%2Fl26A9xlSVA%3D%3D

I assume this was the inspiration for the horn.

3 Likes

I agree about the horn, but otherwise, this is awesome.

1 Like

I don’t know why you quoted me…I know what they look like. Remember that I wanted the glyos with insecticon color-scheme?

When you said “I think,” I figured I should post the image so everyone can see it.

True enough.

Looks really great, I like the choice of colour.

1 Like

@9_Volt
@Joe
@MakutaTexxidos
@Hutere
@PekekoaOfJungle
Thanks everyone

i understand why you guys don’t like the horn,but believe me it looks a lot better in person

1 Like

Maybe it would help to make it white?

1 Like

or the blue i used? idk i mean if i make it white it’d probably end up a different white than the rest

Solid!

The yellow seems a little too sparse to me; it makes the collar and horn tip look out of place.

1 Like

I think if it was anything but white it will look disconnected from the rest of the horn.

Try buying a white Gundam Marker, it should have the right shade :slight_smile:

2 Likes

welp i’ll try

I’d also recommend cutting off or covering the random balljoints on the upper torso.

he can’t peek out corners, that’s a weird design for the head

alright so i painted the V-fin in white

it does looks alot better imo

4 Likes

That does look very nice. I am getting into gunpla as well. Have you thought about giving it a more insect like colour scheme? I think a gloss black with incandescent sheen on the inner frame would give it much more personality.

2 Likes