Eurovision 2017 - my thoughts

First off, I’ve seen it on multiple news sites.
And second in the later broadcast that I watched they confirmed that the man was not Australian but a Ukrainian prankster.

1 Like

He will appear next year? What happened to him?

I don’t understand what you mean?

Im quite happy with the results. This years songs are on point.

Here is my list of Top 20 songs of this year. Keep in mind its collectively Top 20, and top a numbering scale based from best to worst, its based on which I listen to the most and least. Each one of this songs in my opinion were worthy of winning (just depended on the overal performance of said songs).

And yes, I put Russia in here as well. Cause that song would have been in the Finals if the contest was not in Ukraine.

• Personal Favourite songs in the Top 20 which I have grown to like more are: Armenian (cause that diva), Italian (Harambe stole the show), and Moldovan (Epic Sax Guy returns, now more powerful),

• Least favourite in the finals were (appart from Germany, UK, and Spain which you couldnt even remove from the finals cause they payed to be in them) are Romania (cause Yodeling and Rapping is not something you put together, specially if representing Romania, but it was enjoyable in a silly sorta way which is why I would place it as the last worst of the bunch, I enjoyed listening to it despite hating the whole combination of elements), Israel (a pathetic send of for Israel performance wise, specially since they wont be in the contest anymore for the time being), Greece (#this is love and all that nonsense), The rest from the Finals (that arent in my Top 20 liste) were not as memorable nor enjoyable.

• The ones that should have passed to the Finals instead of the ones mentioned above were Serbia, FRY of Mađedonia, Albania, and Finland. I do know the live performances had there problems, but I think there were worse songs that passed on (specially for Finland, that performance was flawless).

Sorry Romanian dude, I think your country can do better, as mine should have as well. Overall the best did win cause that dudes song brought me to tears for how much soul he put in his performance.

PS: Bulgarian Rebecca Sugar dude is one of my favourite people there cause his favourite dish is Musaka.

@Frost: I mean, he will come back at the next Eurovision? :stuck_out_tongue: And what happened to him? Is he at jail or something like this?

@TeslaEffect: I am not upset by the fact that you don’t like our music, I understand you, some things are more liked by some people, when others may hate it, BUT WHAT MAKES ME UPSET IS THIS:

What should this mean?!?!?! The Romanians can’t make something original? Are you racist?

Whilst I didn’t like Germany or Spain, I enjoyed the UK’s performance a lot

I find it okey, but they are really misusing their “payed to be directly in the Finals” card to not give out really amazing songs…imagine a Ethno song from UK with a Celtic or Scottish vibe…that would be something…UK and most of the “Finalist only” countries are not giving their all…which is weird since Australia has been sending quality singers and songs to the contest despite it being a obviously not European country (some of them can learn from Australia).

I for one really wanted Australia to win last year.

You still need to answer at my question. :rage:

I think its pretty obvious what I meant…I expect different songs coming from Romania which make more sense for that region of Europe (let the yodeling to the Germanic countires, thats their specific national thing)

1. The yodeling come more from Austria.
  2. Neither Austria or German doesn’t used the yodeling from hundreds of years (I think).
  3. What music do you think the Romanians should do and where is wrote that we can’t do yodeling? That woman yodels better than any American!

Which is a Germanic country.

Still their national thing. Also its still a thing.[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:30, topic:36572”]
What music do you think the Romanians should do and where is wrote that we can’t do yodeling?
[/quote]

I dunno, you tell me whats your Ethnic characteristics. I think you would better describe Romanian iconic music elements than I would. [quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:30, topic:36572”]
That woman yodels better than any American!
[/quote]

Yes, well done on her part. But still I dont think of Yodeling when I think of Romania. Nothing stops you from yodeling, do what you want honestly. But I personally dont like the combo.

I find it weird you take so much offense over this, I mean I like my countires song but I can openly say there are many flaws with it which had against it cause I can also be objective and subjective when it needs to be. I dont vote on what country is being represented, I vote on if I like the song or not (which lead me to love songs from countries historically ill towards mine, which is awesome on different level which I cant event start to describe).

Don’t diss the old country bro!
/s
Since when have most songs ever made sense anyway.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think he’ll be coming back to Eurovision for a while since he’s gonna be spending 5 years in jail.

1 Like

Really, 5 years cause he mooned Jamala and the camera. That seems to be a harsh sentence.

For me it seems to be a right one. I didn’t like her music.