Evolution of a self-moc

I really dont know what category to place this in, if it’s wrong, please tell me

V1:
Feb 2 2017
I wanted to make a self-moc, have something that represents me in the world of bionicle, and that’s how the idea of Wärter came to mind, a shadow toa, an assassin, it all started with Kylo Ren’s cloth piece, I cut it to the shape of an assassin’s cape, then I needed help, I asked ghosty for some help on how to make the hoodie, and the WIP started

then from the feedback I noticed people liked him, so I finished him

V1.5
I really liked the bulkyness of the V1, but it affected the articulation, I needed to change that, and the pistols were weird, didnt fit the idea I had in mind

V2
I was tired of all the black, I wanted to give him some more color, and make him look elderly, and more like a knight, had to modify the build that I had made for the body a little bit, I also bought a bootleg which came with yellow eyes, so I gave him that eyestalk

V2.5
he still needed something, more red, and weapons, so I searched for swords I could make from assassin’s creed, the rope dart attached to his left wrist and the heavy falchion on his back, and a tanto because just why not, also upgraded the feet, he now had poseable toes, but for the toes to bend, you need to modify it a little bit, not a big problem

V3
I started watching Vikings, and I got obsessed with it, my self-moc had to suffer through it, gone was the heavy falchion and the tanto now he had a viking shield and two viking short axes, modified the entire back design so he could hold the shield and of course, the bootleg hands, which made the arms way too long, which led to the V3.1

V3.1 (Current Version)
7 months have passed, and from a simple idea in the back of my head, I’ve made moc that will never be dismantled, and will only get better and better, the V3.1 is just a slight update over the V3.0, I just shortened the arms

I dont know what else to do, people are suggesting for me to give him horns, but I’ve trtied and it just doesn’t work, so this is were the journey ends, for now…

61 Likes

nice progress

2 Likes

He looks great now but the feet are a litten bit thin

1 Like

cant fix that with the pieces I have, I’ve made them as thicc as I could

1 Like

Wärter has certainly come a long way. He looks absolutely awesome in his latest rendition. Keep it up!

4 Likes

I like when my work gets praised by what I consider skilled people, I haven’t seen much of your work with bionicle/ccbs, but seeing what you are able to do with system, you are one of those people, and Im really happy that you liked it, and I know you have been liking it every time I posted a new update, and to that I might add; Thank you, thank you so much

I said “and” way too many times

2 Likes

I think the painted parts and custom cloth adds uniqueness to the moc, and it looks a whole lot better than the original with them
Overall nice work

3 Likes

Give him back his sword.

Seeing the evolution of your self moc laid out like this, I’m impressed with how far you’ve come, genuinely one of my favorite self mocs on the boards.

4 Likes

You sure about that?

1 Like

More time passes, the more custom pieces he has…and red scarfs.

2 Likes

2+7= 9, yes?

thanks!

@Payinku one of the reasons I dlnt give him the sword back is because he cant actually hold it, I’ll see what I can do

and Im really happy that you think it’s one of your favorite mocs here, thank you

Am I stupid?

I confused it as time since your last version

1 Like

What piece is that shield?

skrall shield

1 Like

I love the weapons and the painted parts here. I enjoyed seeing how the moc evolved. Great job!

1 Like

Um… He by no means looks elderly. At all.

1 Like

does he look like a veteran?

1 Like

No, he kind of looks like… A stereotype edgy dude but done properly.

1 Like

THEN I FAILED AT MY OBJETIVE, DONT LOOK AT ME

1 Like

Very nice use of parts!

1 Like