Exx's assortment of HF mocs 2010 - 2014

I can imagine there are quite a lot of people who don’t follow me on sites like flickr, deviantart or other photo sharing sites, some of you might just even be simple commenters on youtube who have been following TTV for years, which is why I thought I could take the liberty to show you my contributions to the Lego community. I do not really have any sort of video series on TTV as of yet, so far with the episodes I’ve been featured in I might just be considered background noise from some of you, but I can assure I am very much alive.

To avoid this topic ending up as nothing more than a wall of text I’ll keep the descriptions to a minimum to further solely focus on viewing pleasure. The creations were also noted by Meso in the casting call I had, the other TTV members also quite enjoyed my mocs.

Further more, seeing as I have quite a lot of photos of different mocs I though it’d be much easier to make complications of different categories rather than just spamming the forum altogether with topics. With Hero Factory having just ended and Bionicle being just around the corner I thought, what could be more suitable to post than all the creations I made through Bionicle hiatus.

These are all posted in chronological order, that way you can observe how I managed to adapt by style of building to the new system as well as learning new ways to use it.

Two headed titan (2010)

This was prior to the launch of Hero Factory, as such it did not include any new parts made specifically for the theme, while this the CCBS system hadn’t come out yet at the time, this was a practice to mimic the new style of the Villians, to see if I could make a believable villain only from old parts. When I made it was supposed to stay consistent with the theme, this proved to be a failure seeing as the CCBS system was introduced, and he was ultimately disassembled.

He still, to this day, do not have any sort of name, to further detach from the first HF character I made, because of it not being complicated. Yeah it’s pretty wierd.

Zodiac (2010)

Not really much of a moc per se as it is nothing but simple modifications to a rather average humanoid build. Hero Factory, along with the upcoming bionicle sets all have primary and bright signature colors, much to my disapproval as I very much enjoyed the darker shade of colors more. This was an attempt to build upon that legacy of colors but ends up just looking like a rouge character. It’s when I started collecting the more interesting parts from the theme, this chestplate was only available with the Hero Factory Recon team program they had on TLG’s website for a couple months.

Drone (2011)

Getting more used to the colors here and trying out different color schemes that I think looks the best, the 2.0 had a severe lack of consistent color schemes and was overall not that very to look at. There were darker and ligher shades metallic colors everywhere and it was overall just a huge mess, did not approve whatsoever. I tried to save myself from this remedy by having all my characters secondary color being white, to add a little bit of consistency as well.

Also here’s a little picture showing how the head is assembled at that angle, the pieces are held in place by friction from the breastplate:

I quite liked this one due to the military look of it, it’s still assembled to this day.

Totem Titan (2011)

This was the response to the announcement of the savage planet year, which actually evoked some genuine interest in the theme as they were actually doing something exciting. I very much enjoyed the “tribal” theme of the line, and as such this was my first attempt at making a titan from this theme. He is more or less directly built upon the monstrosity known as “fire lord”, it makes an attempt to fix some of it’s problems while not introducing new ones, such as the leg gaps and added bulk, his arms still looks quite skinny. Keep in mind no parts from the savage planet was used here as they were not released at the time.

Not too happy with this one, I really wanted to use this mask to make sort of a “Totem” character similar to Witch doctor. Tried to not use that many colors to keep a consistent color scheme.

Natalie Breez (2011)

Simplified colors scheme for Breez along with armor placement in a desperate attempt to replicate anything reminiscent of curves.

It’s very simple, but still one of my favorites, it uses the same neck technique as my drone moc further up.

Venom (2011)

Not to be confused with the TTV member of the same alias. Just a compact looking guy, a sketch moc, but people liked him.

The Bad Guys (2011)

This was an attempt to revisit old characters and make them look more “2.0”, this meant the return of the two headed madman, unfortunately he ended up being dissembled yet again because I am a mean man with too much power and someone should stop me before it’s too late.

They have arrived (2012)

Breakout season is here, while I wanted to refrain from posting the set photos because they aren’t really that interesting, but this one included by 2.0 tahu to go along with my Breez and Drone. I never got to take a team photo of them, a bit sad really ain’t it.

Meet Shellshock (2012)

Oh now it gets interesting, this is the moment where I peek in Hero Factory, this guy might not look to interesting but he has a modified frame which makes him able to hold a lot more weight, and why you might ask?

Meet Shellshock Destroyer Of Worlds (2012)

And this is what I ended up with to make Hero Factory all that more enjoyable to me, making over weaponized arsenals for my little mass murdering psychos. This was when pick-a-brick was still a pretty nice service with a nice selection of parts, therefore the first thing I did when the breakout wave came out was to order 20 of those ammo belt pieces, along with a dozen of the dark grey ball joint connectors, they’re just so useful.

This guy is stable, menacing, with ball joints all over the place you can get a lot of interesting angles and poses on this guy, I really love the colors scheme and yellow parts was probably the only redeeming factor of the Hero Factory line. As you might expect, this backpack does indeed fit on other characters as well:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/exxx/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■_005.jpeg

But keep in mind Rocka really isn’t that stable here wielding this, there’s a reason Shellshock is a little more complicated than mose joes.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/exxx/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■_002.jpeg

This is my second most viewed Hero Factory photo on flickr, currently sitting at 11 000 views.

Typhoon Terror In The Sky (2012)

Another attempt at the whole arsenal concept, using similar techniques and framework from the previous creation, with few exceptions. This model was meant to look hero-like rather than menacing, which turned out with mixed results. It was supposed to be sort of a upgraded version of the Drone character from earlier, and I quite liked the helmet piece on Breez for a male character.

This guy is a bit mixed bunch, since he was made the cannons on the side where made shorter, as well as a couple improvements. The problem with this creation was the whole flow of flying mechanic, it would make more sense for him to fly straight except from the front right? But then how would he use his word then? I never really got to answer all the questions with this guy.

He turned aright tho, but a huge disappointment compared to Shellshock, you should always strive to make a better project than your previous one.

Stormer Heavy (2012)

“She weighs one hundred fifty kilograms and fires two hundred dollar, custom-tooled cartridges at ten thousand rounds per minute. It costs four hundred thousand dollars to fire this weapon…for twelve seconds.”

Man am I glad I never applied those stickers.

This pretty much speaks for itself right here, loosely based on the TF2 character, this creation got quite popular the moment it got posted. Cause of it being easily recognizable it still is to this day my most viewed Hero Factory moc with 14 000 views. I loved the look of thise huge chestpieces when they came out and I had quite a lot of fun with them, it hurt to see the Breakout Stormer set lacking so much bulk, so I decided he needed some improvements.

Very happy with this guy, very much liked how the Minigun turned out.

The Murdertrain (2014)

Wow two years thats quite a jump there! No actually I made this guy the same time in which I made Stormer but never got around taking a picture, hence all the dust, just look at dat dust doe.

But seriously quite a lot of people actually liked this one, it even got blogged by the Brother Brick when it went live, which i all found quite weird because I thought little to nothing about this guy when I first built him.

I like green, I like guns, I made this guy. Not much else to say, moving on.

Invasion from Below (2014)

“I fell in to a buring ring of fire”

And here cam invasion from below the most recent, and last Hero Factory in it’s brief existence! Making mechs was fun, I really think that Hero Factory should’ve been like this all along, or bring Exo Force back or something.

Man that’d be great, but no TLG need to make more Marvel and DC sets.

Oh well.

Anyway, mechs fighting monsters, pacific rim, Godzilla and all that jazz. It was cool, and i really like the minifigs as well. On to the Moc, I wanted to make a robot for Breez as in the first wave Breez didn’t have one, and at the time there were no pictures of her upcoming weird tripod thingy. This was the focus of this build, to make Breez a cool machine for once, because she didn’t have one.

Had a lot of mixed responses on this one, most people just said the mech didn’t fit Breeze and would go better on some other character. I even had one guy who went “why does it have a flamethrower?”

Why?

Why?

Because it is a flamethrower, it throws flames on people. Its so awesome.

Don’t ever question the flamethrower.

Tools of destruction (2014)

And here I went back to what I enjoyed the most, making bad guys with big bad weapons. Green is my favorite color, one of the reasons why I collected all the Breez sets after all, so naturally I ended up with a lot of green parts, they had do go somewhere.

One interesting thing I made with this guy, Rhinocirator is that his backpack is attached to a handle with a trigger, which can be used to fire flick-misslies at people. Found it to be a little cool feature to this guy, his while build was built around it.

Here’s an alternative angle.

And there we have it! Thats all i have for you guys in regards to original Hero Factory moc pictures for today, hope you enjoyed this wonderful journey through the world of Hero Factory, or something. This guy is my last Hero Factory set to date, and i doubt I’ll make another one anytime soon, next stop is probably Bionicle mocs.

So will I ever miss Hero Factory? Not at all, I barely even remembered it before I began making this topic, seriously.

But in all seriousness this is what I had for you guys today and I hope this gave you some more insight on how Hero Factory affected building from the fall of Bionicle up until this point. While I do moc a lot with CCBS and such, it is by no means an exclusive interest inside the lego universe, if you people would like some insight on for example Minifgure customization and decals, let me know and I could probably make a post on that as well.

If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, here’s an example. Ever wondered how a Lego Predator looks like?

Now you know.

Thanks for reading people.

75 Likes

starts clapping slowly

6 Likes

Wow they’re so cool ^^

Woah, nice

I seen and favourited a couple of your creations of Deviantart and I think you’re one of the main reasons I started properly MOCing! I love all your creations and I think they’re marvellous.

exx is the hero we deserve

AND the one we need right now

But seriously, this MOCs are pretty fantastic! :thumbsup:

4 Likes

The Predator is possibly the best predator minifig I’ve seen, and your mocs are amazing!

1 Like

Wow. That is very impressive, and just plain cool. Keep it up, I cannot wait to see what you might do next year.

Haha, the unnamed first one can be a mutated toxic Mesonak. XD these are great! With a lot of diversity and unique features, each one is different from another.
-Oonie

2 Likes

Someone make a Team Fortress mod of this, quick.

Exx is now up there with my all-time favorite MOCers :smiley:

6 Likes

These all remind me of Transformers, pretty cool ones at that.

Truly amazing!!!

The “invasion from below” moc is awesome and I like what you did with the head of the “drone” moc. :smiley:

2 Likes

All of these are really amazing, and gives me hope for my abilities as a MOCist! I may be able to do something!

I love the green as well, it’s very unusual and makes the whole MOC pop.

2 Likes

Very nice mocs! You, sir, have mastered the CCBS system. I must have perused through one of your galleries at some point, because these guys are familiar. I really like your backpack style mocs. They’re neat.

4 Likes

The green mech looks like what the Evo XL machine should have been, And the others are all cool.

1 Like

That must be the longest single post.

2 Likes

These MOCs are awesome. Shellshock has to be my personal favorite. It reminds me of something you would see in a steam-punk feudal Japan type anime :smiley:

Yes, reminds me of something out of Samurai Seven.

I think this topic alone has made me like CCBS a bit more. Good job!

3 Likes