Failed female moc

Welcome, and thanks for viewing my first female bionicle moc.

So recently I bought a haul of parts (the first time I’ve bought lego in like two years!), one piece I was particularly looking forward to was the nuva armour as it meant I could make my first female moc since I found without nuva armour it is hard to achieve organic looking curves.

So this is kayla. Her name means pure in Greek, British and American.
Thus the name suits her role as a peace keeper. Now for those of you who have seen my self moc (Death’s Shadow), you will know that he can travel between dimensions, doing whatever he likes, at least until now. death’s Shadow’s activities have not gone unnoticed by the great beings, the great beings sought to end the chaotic aftermath of his travels by constructing Kayla. Her abbillities include inter-dimensional travel, super agility and telekinesis; the great beings agreed this would be enough power to maintain peace without significant collateral damage.

Onto the pictures:

src=“http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/133836/15232152433_SPLASH.jpg” border=“0” width=“384” height=“500” alt=“”>

FOURTH WALL:
As this is my first attempt at a female moc I would really appreciate some constructive feedback, not that I don’t enjoy the praise I get on my other mocs (thanks btw); praise is why I Continue to make mocs. Also I understand that female mocs can be controversial so apologies in advance if anyone is offended.

More bionicle mocs to come, goodbye!

15 Likes

The proportions look weird, I’d try to make the abdomen thicker and replace the nuva boobs with a chestplate of some kind

2 Likes

@Ace I can kinda see what you mean but what in particular is wrong with the proportions. Just wanna know so I can improve :wink:

They look ridiculous, and over exaggerated

2 Likes

that seems quite apparent here.

the proportions in general are so out of whack, i don’t know where to start.

we have spindly arms to a bulbous chest, transitioning to a pencil-thin waist, to hips that bulge out as much in the front as they do in the back, to relatively normal legs with no feet.

i really do suggest looking up general female proportions if you’re going to do a female moc, 'cause this

this doesn’t look right at all.

also, the mixel eyes makes it look like she’s perpetually going full derp.

3 Likes

Is the abdominal area any better now I shortened it? Also I asked so I could improve, not to tell me simply that it’s wierd

@Sammythekat I agree with you completely. But I haven’t got any good feminine masks :frowning:

edited for dubs - Invi

Yes it looks better

sir,

http://dogar.info/ec09c9/female-anatomy-drawing-step-by-step

read through this, and go from there.

@Sammythekat

Thanks for the help btw
Change the chest, any better?

2 Likes

the arms are still mounted weirdly, and the hips are still an issue.

1 Like

That looks way better.

@Sammythekat

ok, lose the shoulder armor covering the front thight, and then you’d be on to something

if you want to keep the torso height, use a friction adder in between the hand and the balljoint.

1 Like

@Sammythekat

Here’s both sides, I don’t think either way is any better
What do you think?

3 Likes

She’s so bulbous…

1 Like

Alieraah really went downhill oof/s

seriously, it’s ok, not really anything special imo

4 Likes

Alright where do I start?

A Moc can be a female Moc without having Nuva boobs and rounded hips, so you don’t need to go for the overly prominent features like this.
That said if the goal of the Moc is to have said prominent features then I’ll suggest some tips.

The chest and hips you made can easily end up being too large for a figure this sized, I like to have very minor hourglass shapes on my female Mocs, so I’ll give tips to my style, have one Nuva shoulder as a chest and flip the Uniter piece to cover the back, this might be a little hard to.

The waist is really thin compared to the shoulders and waist, the hand hips on a female Moc is actually something I’ve done before, but it’s the shoulder armor that makes it much more of a problem, you could rework them onto the sides of the upper legs to curve into the hip, or you could simply get rid of them altogether.

If you reduce the hip size to match the waist a little more to make a thin Moc, then you also have to do so with the shoulders, having the ball joints 3 spaces apart from eachother (like the hips of a hero factory torso) works for me, heck even just having a bare Uniter piece as a torso could be good enough.

These are common mistakes a lot of people make when trying to make “female mocs”
And you mentioned earlier that none of the masks you have look feminine, masks are pretty gender neutral, just use a mask that you like and is silver.

5 Likes

@AwesomeJoel27 thanks for the useful feedback

1 Like

I’ve never liked using the combination claw parts and ccbs shells as hands, but that’s more of a oersonal gripe.

1 Like

I don’t mind it actually just maybe tone it down a bit.

1 Like