Favorite Anime?

I used to watch Pokemon but honestly, I can’t anymore. :confounded: I also watched Yu-Gi-Oh a while back, and I haven’t gotten back to it. I recently finished No Game No Life, and it was great. I am currently watching Sword Art Online, and I like it.

2 Likes

What anime films are your favourites?

I really enjoyed Wolf Children, Paprika and Ghost in the Shell.

3 Likes

Airplane instruction videos from the 80s

I am sure @CommanderSpencer can agree with me on that.

2 Likes

I loved Akira, It has such a cool atmosphere, especially the music. Plus the animation is crazy for such an old movie. Every frame looks awesome and they’re even MOVING when talking. If it’s your first time watching it, I suggest watching it Dubbed, as you want to look at the people when talking, and not at the subtitles.

KANEDAAA! TETSUOOO! KANEDAAA! TETSUOOO! …

I was thinking I’ve never seen an anime movie.
Then I remembered about Redline.

Man that was amazing.

2 Likes

Redline looks so amazing but I had one big question after finishing it: what happened to those giant bollogg-like beasts?

YEAH! :smile:

Those are all great movies! :smiley:

I think Perfect Blue is a pretty great film, in terms of Satoshi Kon films I’d put it slightly above Paprika. (though Paprika is awesome, it’s basically like the anime equivalent to Inception :P)

I also really love Mamoru Hosoda’s films, like The Girl Who Leapt through Time, Summer Wars, and of course, Wolf Children.

And who isn’t a Miyazaki/Ghibli fan? Princess Mononoke/Spirited Away! :stuck_out_tongue: (also Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky, and Whisper of the Heart)

I’ve never seen Redline or Akira, but I probably will soon. :smile:

2 Likes

So I just finished watching Your Lie in April

Oh man
Oh god
Oh man

To say its just sad is a total understatement.

2 Likes

My all time favorite anime would have to be Naruto it was also my first, but i find most anime that I watch enjoyable

Um… YES
Though I haven’t seen all of those. Just Spirited away and Castle in the Sky. Also Howl’s Moving Castle, Totoro, Ponyo, and Kiki’s Delivery Service.

Haven’t really watched anime of my own accord other than that (Besides some Pokemon and the Kirby anime xD)

2 Likes

I’m here two months later to say you chose right

3 Likes

Shingeki no Kyojin…

3 Likes

I think it’s time I gave an updated opinion of my own… so basically, I haven’t seen many Anime since my original posts in this topic, but of the ones I’ve seen, in no specific order, my favorites would have to be Shingeki No Kyojin, Corpse Party: Tortured Souls, Halo Legends, Lucky Star, Baka to Test to Shoukanjou, and Tenkai Knights… also RWBY if that counts.

3 Likes

Mine are:
Soul Eater/Not!
Gurran Lagann
Attack on Titan
Black Butler
Kill La Kill
Highschool of the Dead
Highschool DXD
Blood Lad
Hellsing/Ultimate
Akame Ga Kill
Tokyo Ghoul
RWBY
Halo Legends
assassination classroom
but soo on and soo fourth and reason I say RWBY, is because it’s anime style and JB HI FI considered as an anime.
My favourite character so far is Blair from Soul eater.

6 Likes

Gurren Lagann, Space Dandy, Air gear.
I need to watch cowboy beep boop.
Most other anime sucks.
ruby isnt anime

1 Like

I finished watching Shirobako a few days back, and I loved it. An anime about anime production is bound to pique my interest, and Shirobako really exceeded my expectations.

Read this but stick to the former definition of anime given in the article.

I personally don’t care whether a show is or in’t anime as long as I enjoy it but since the topic is specifically about anime, every series you have on your list should fall under the given definition of anime.

1 Like

Gurren Lagann.

The only other thing closest to an Anime I’ve watched is Avatar: The last Airbender.

2 Likes

You are gr8 m8.

4 Likes

Yes I have been a RT fan since 2009 and had a huge passion with Gaming with Playstation but Xbox kick in at me so Halo is one fav videogames and surprised how it was turned into a Anime short episode.

2 Likes

Yes! Another Soul Eater fan!

4 Likes