Favorite Anime?

Miyazaki’s adaptation was, in fact, animated and a Japanese production. I think that counts.

I would assume the reason why Miyazaki doesn’t call his work anime is because he doesn’t like to differentiate between Chinese and American cartoons. I think that’s fine, but it still doesn’t change the fact that Ghibli is a Japanese animation studio.

RWBY(it kinda counts), TTGL, JJBA, and Kill La Kill are my favorites.

Just finished FMA and about to finish FMA BH

Gurren Lagann is the only anime I’ve seen, but my god it’s a great show.

Try some mobile suit gundam

1 Like

Fairy Tail and Seinfeld

I like a lot of Anime, but my faveorite has to be One Piece. Although, I also started watching Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood after someone suggested it to me on Deviantart. And I think it’s one of my new favorite shows!

I need to add Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood to my list of fav. anime. As well as Lucky Star

I love Monster and Kino’s Journey.

1 Like

Steins;gate, parasyte, aldnoah zero, terror in resonance(the perfect anime, however not my favourite) and of course blood bloackade battle front (kekkai sensen)

Currently I am watching psycho pass
It’s good

If you haven’t seen blood blockade battle front you are missing out (haven’t seen it much on this topic)

Also rwby (if it counts)

CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEL

If you’re far enough in, you’ll understand.

2 Likes

So much that I need to watch but never got around to, oh well guess next summer won’t be very productive :P.
The only very notable things I’ve watched are Attack on Titan and DragonBallZ though I’m not very much a fan of DBZ anymore. AOT season 2 finally comes out in feburary so I doubt I’ll wait for it to be english dubbed around winter and just watch it subbed. I heard it was going to diverge from the manga though, so I’m kinda glad I never read it and got attached. Watched the first two seasons of FT a long while back, basically just this format, 1/4 setting up for story arc, 2/4 story arc, 1/4 filler for next arc. Nothing really that noteworthy there though, but not awful.

bleach , assassination classroom , naruto , sword art online , attack on titan and many more

Hoo, boy, I have a lot. I’ll put manga too to save space.
-Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure (Still catching up)
-Cowboy Bebop (^)
-Fullmetal Alchemist (Both series, movies, and manga)
-AKIRA (Both movie and manga)
-Perfect Blue
-Mobile Suit Gundam (Movies. Series is pretty bad, not gonna lie.)
-Char’s Counterattack
-Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans/ G-Tekketsu (Still airing. Like it so far.)
-Shrek
-Naruto (Manga. Studio Pierrot is garbage.)
-Death Note (Haven’t seen the anime.)
-Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin (OVA looks gucci and the manga is absolutely fantastic.)
-Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt (Same as G-Tekketsu)
-Attack on Titan (anime)
-Cory in the House
-Kill La Kill
-Mobile Suit Gundam: War in the Pocket
-Tokyo Godfathers
-Grave of the Fireflies

I’m watching Turn A Gundam, Zeta Gundam, and Eureka Seven at the moment. I have yet to rewatch Digimon but it’ll most likely be on here. Also planning on reading Devilman and watching Mazinger.

So, having binged on anime, I suppose I should name some of my favorites.

In no particular order:

-Jojo -(it’s Jojo, what else can I say?)
-Kill la kill -(I’ve also watched gurren laggann, I just liked klk more)
-Magic kaito -(a spin-off of detective Conan/case closed about kaito kid, really enjoyable)
-Yuru Yuri -(amazing comedy)
-Tonari no seki-kun -(another great comedy)
-Wolf girl and black prince -(good characters and plot)
-Bodacious space pirates -(one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen, it’s probably my favorite anime of all time)
-Sakura trick -(adorable, funny, charming, Yuri. also wins my award for best op song)
-Maoyu -(seeing a story about finding a diplomatic solution to a war was a treat when so many go the ‘murder everyone’ route)
-No game no life -(this is a good first act so far, it needs to be finished)
-Trinity seven -(this is on my list for the protagonist alone, competent, intelligent and clever, something criminally rare in a lot of anime)
-The world god only knows -(another amazing protagonist, one of the most sympathetic jerks I’ve seen, in an intelligent story)
-Punch line -(talk about advertising underplaying a great story)
-Love, chunibyo & other delusions -(enjoyable characters and a solid plot, the whole ‘love’ part of the title is pretty underplayed)
-Witch craft works -(comedy, action, and a decent plot)
-Watamote -(how can you not like tomoko?)
-Myself; yourself -(a series that tackles some rather dark/serious subjects, not for everyone)
-Dog & scissors -(this series is, strange, yet oddly enjoyable)
-Parasite: the maxim -(a solidly good anime)
-Monster Musume -(real talk, that end theme though)

looking through the other posts, it seems that I have considerably different tastes than everyone else.

2 Likes

5 Likes

tick tock
Snek o clock

2 Likes

Im not to big a fan of anime but one I can always go back to is The Devil Is a Part Timer!

1 Like

Air gear
Air
Blassreiter
Fate/stay night, Fate/zero, Unlimited blade works
Full metal alchemist, FMA brotherhood
Full metal panic
Tokyo Majin
Dragon ball z (everything dragon ball except gt)
One piece
Card captor Sakura
Sailor moon
xxxHolic
Tsubasa chronicles
Hell girl
Escaflowne
Trigun
Samurai Champloo
Big O
Inuyasha
Kikaider
Clannad, Clannad after story
Kanon
Spice and wolf
Darker than black
G gundam
Gundam build fighters, GBF tri
Digimon (all seasons except xross)
Madlax
Noir
Gunslinger girls
Rozen maiden
Bleach
Naruto
Log horizon
.hack//-sign, legend of the twilight, roots
Maid sama
Fruits basket
FLCL
Devil is a part timer
Beyblade (original series)
Shaman King
Rideback
Sands of destruction
Cyborg 009
Persona 4
High rash when they cry
Lupin the 3rd
D-gray man
Psyco pass
Death note
Ghost hunt
Soul eater
Lucky star
Chobits
The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
Chaos;child
Noragami
Attack on Titan
There’s a lot more anime that I’m forgetting, but I guess 9 years of watching anime you do eventually forget some names.

1 Like

I found it silly how some of the solutions came from out of nowhere: “We shall end the famine with this new vegetable that no one has heard of” or “I invented the compass”

The character design was great - just look at this peaked cap:
http://i.imgur.com/ZzbWOQt.jpg