Favorite Anime?

The Dragon Dentist is absolutely amazing and you should watch it.
https://puu.sh/w3Bj4/4eeecbbb48.jpg

1 Like

Coming back to this like a year and a half later and Iā€™ve watched a lot more stuff now lmao

Current favorite anime series is Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Favorite: Dragon Ball Z

Least Favorite: Beyblade (All generations. Yā€™know, Original, Metal Saga, and Burst)

seven deadly sins
death note
fairy tail(i prefer the manga)

I have a top four which are likely never to be topped:

• Jojoā€™s Bizarre Adventure
  • Berserk (mainly Manga, although the current anime is getting better)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

I love them so much I have shortcuts for them on my phone.

Other notable animes and manga include:

Aldnoah Zero
Gundam IBO
Gundam 00
Gundam Build Fighters
Seven Deadly Sins
One Punch Man
Tokyo Ghoul
Blame!

2 Likes

super god masterforce

Gargantia on the Verduous Planet
Whatever that one is with Laputa.

(Oh dear this is gonna be a long one)

Hereā€™s a list of notable shows Iā€™ve seen and would reccomend others check out at some point or another. (In no particular order)

Fullmetal Alchemist 2003
Much darker than brotherhood and has a fairly solid anime original ending.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Mmmmmm. This show is such a feelgood show, best when binged. Even though itā€™s not dark or super complex and all, it has a superbly crafted world and narrative. You fall in love with the characters and itā€™s just increadibly satisfying. Iā€™d say this is my personal favorite anime, just out of sheer enjoyability.
Gurren Lagann
Has a big dip in the middle (to the degree I put the show down and didnā€™t finish it for another year), overrated to some degree but still a very fun show. Not the most intellectual thing ever so if you demand your shows be 100% serious, not your cup of tea Iā€™d guess.
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Despite the memes about edginess and the like, I can say itā€™s a good series. Itā€™s far from perfect and despite what some may say not everything has a deeper meaning, although a fair bit does. Iā€™d reccomend taking things in from each characterā€™s perspective for this one rather than strictly your own. If nothing else the general direction and fight choreography is very good. This one is definately not for everyone out there.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumia
Iā€™m actually in the process of watching this one at the monent on reccomendation of a friend; Iā€™ve heard good things and bad things. Itā€™s far from perfect but speaks more as a show about the concept of escapism and entertainment than it may let on. It often giving a more ā€˜realisticā€™ take on typical tropes despite the tropes still being outside the general happenings of reality. Itā€™s a fun show although I wish itā€™d explore itā€™s characters a bit more, although I hear that happens in the movie that currently acts as the series conclusion.
Gundam Unicorn (OVA series)
my personal opinion is that the TV adaptation absolutely butchers the pacing on this one so Iā€™ll give that one a pass. The OVAā€™s howeverā€¦ mmmm. This was actually my introduction piece to the gundam franchise. Being such there was a fair bit I didnā€™t understand at the time, yet still it was a pretty good all around experience. Enough so that Iā€™ve watched it three times to completionā€¦ seven OVAā€™s. Each time I had learned a bit more about the general happenings and what was going on. Itā€™s a good watch and some what of a modern reintroduction of the UC timeline as well as being itā€™s ā€˜conclusionā€™. The protagonist may not be well liked by some due to his general desire for passivity rather than conflict, however.
Studio Ghibli Films
Should speak for themselves, but if you arenā€™t aware of these Iā€™d give a few a check. I havenā€™t seen all of them but from what I have seen they are generally exceptionally animated for their time and all around good. Think of them as kind of the japanese disney, if disney only released stories for a more mature audience.

Edit: okay I just realized I basically already posted this, aside from one show, but I consider this one to be the better post so Iā€™m gonna flag the original.

Youā€™re going to need to see Cowboy Bebop then; excellent graphics, story pacing, and philosophies to rival even Miyazaki films.

But yeah, my favorite (obviously). Good music, good choreography, and all in all a fun time overall.

I have started it, and didnā€™t quite get into it. I was probably doing something else at the same time though, and probably should give it another chance.

2 Likes

My favorite animes are code Geass, death note, Neo Genesis Evangelion, my hero academia, Aldnoah: zero and a few more I donā€™t remember off the top of my head

Boku no Hero Academia ftw.

1 Like

Watched the first episode of that a couple weeks ago. Seemed like a lot of fun and I wanna get caught up.

Trigun was technically my first, real, introduction into anime and it has a pretty warm spot in my heart.

Though, itā€™s hard to choose between that, Hellsing Ultimate, No. 6, NGE, Cowboy Bebop, Dragonball Z, Zoids and G Gundam. Theyā€™re all my favorites, really.

2 Likes

Oh shoot. I forgot about Ergo Proxyā€¦

That one was pretty good.

1 Like

Cowboy Bebop and Death Parade.

1 Like

BADA BING BADA BOOM! I RESURRECT THIS TOPIC FROM ITS DOOM!

1.my hero academia
2.endro! (Only 12 episodes, still liked it a lot.)
3.jojo
4.kill la kill (ending was crap but I still liked it. Maybe a little too much fan service)
5.attack on titan

Honorable mentions:
Yugioh because nostalgia.
Doraemon because nostalgia.

1 Like

Honestly my tastes have been pretty random. From cute girl / harem anime, shonen, kids, to even a reviewer anime or a certain healer series. Iā€™ve got some favorites still like Gurren Lagann and some others but I try to keep up at least yearly if not seasonally on new stuff.