Favorite books you have ever read?

Honestly, mine is called ‘Ready Player One’. Here’s a “back of the book” summary:

“This novel is about a young, poor teenager living in a future world where chaos reigns and most people forget their miserable existence by spending most of their time inside the virtual world of OASIS. This teenager, Wade, is one of millions of gunters, people hunting for the hidden Easter egg within the OASIS that was left by its creator, James Halliday, upon his death. The successful gunter will inherit Halliday’s entire estate as well as controlling power over his company, Gregarious Simulation Systems. The task seems daunting, especially to a poor kid like Wade who has to access the OASIS on a cheap console issued by the school. However, sometimes intelligence is a much more powerful weapon than expensive equipment. Ready Player One is a fun and exciting adventure novel that not only takes the reader into a future world where anything is possible in the virtual worlds inside the OASIS, but also on a nostalgic trip back to the era of big hair, heavy metal bands, and Atari.”

1 Like

Such as? I haven’t ever heard of his writing to not consistant with actual mythology.

Such as Horus and Osiris being siblings. I have never heard this be stated anywhere other than his work, and mythology is something I look into a lot.

I read the how to train your dragon books
before you go all ham on me, these books have nothing to do with the movie and are a fairly interesting read, I suggest you try them out
I also read the percy jackson books, I read these books by, well let me quote slime here

All I have to say is to read the PENDRAGON series! One of my favourite book series ( 10 books in total ) and has enough content for months!

Most of Rick Riordan’s mythology books, primarily the Kane Chronicles.

Eregon was pretty good.

You may not know about this one but Dragon Rider (same author as Inkheart).

ARTEMIS FOWLLLLLLLLL

1 Like

I have to agree with @BioRaiders532, I can’t really pick a single favorite book.
One of my favorites though, is “Hard gold” by Avi. I also really enjoyed “Time trap” from the BIONICLE legends books.

1 Like

Well mythology is nowhere near a perfect science, since there are so many different versions of stories. What I’ve learned through my research (AKA Wikipedia :P) is that Horus was the son of Osiris in most versions of Egyptian Mythology. However in several early versions, Horus, Osiris, Isis, Nephthys, and Set were all siblings. I’ve heard that Riordan uses several different sources for his books, so to say that his work is “inconsistent with mythology” wouldn’t be necessarily true.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

3 Likes

My favorite books would have to be the Harry Potter series and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy in addition to The Hobbit.

1 Like

For me, The Lord of the Rings will always be the best, I think. It had such a big influence on me starting at an early age that nothing can really replace it at this point. (The Hobbit is a close second.) Some other modern-ish ones I like a lot are Narnia (as well as Lewis’ sci-fi trilogy, though the third book should be 50 or 100 pages shorter), Animal Farm, Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Ender’s Game (if only the movie hadn’t messed up the end…), and Hitchhikers’ Guide to the Galaxy. As for classics, I like Great Expectations, Tom Sawyer, The Count of Monte Cristo, Pride and Prejudice, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Treasure Island a lot. Perhaps also The Brothers Karamozov…it was a slog to get though (and I never finished it), but the ideas it presented are fascinating.

1 Like

New favorite book: The School for Good and Evil. I was just starting to get tired of the whole “good always wins” thing when I stumbled upon that book, which twist things around a lot.

My favorite book I read/only book I read was Brick by Brick: How LEGO Rewrote the Rules of Innovation and Conquered the Global Toy Industry. You may recognize this as one of the sources used for the TTV show: Bionicle Autopsy! You can use the URL audibletrial.com/ttv to get a free audible book of your choosing, I would recommend this book :wink:

Jokes aside, I think this is a great book if you want to know the history and struggles LEGO has faced through the years, and how they conquered battles that would normally destroy companies, I would definitely recommend trying this book out! I find its content fascinating, and I would have never discovered it if it wasn’t for our amazing TTV Podcast!

2 Likes

Mortal Engines and its 3 sequels. Anyone ever heard of those books?

A song of ice and fire.
Soooooo well written…

1 Like

A Song of Ice and Fire, especially The World of Ice and Fire- that book is what real life history books should be like, fun and engaging, showing just how exciting history is.

Plus it has an amazing tv show to go with it

Hm, that’s a tough one, but I will go with the Harry Potter series as well as several Tom Clancy books (mainly Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, Without Remorse and Rainbow Six).

1 Like
  • Marley & Me
  • The Art of Racing in the Rain
  • Alex and Me
  • The Golem and the Djinn
  • A young adult novel about a sea monster that was actually a sentient wave or something, but was a really good emotional journey

3/5 involve animals and made me cry, so I might have a type.

I love the Beyonders trilogy and the Shanarra books for their unique takes on epic fantasy. They’re some of my favorite books, and I can’t think of any others to list right now.

I feel like the Vampire Hunter D Light Novels and the Deepgate Codex were likely my favorite, even if last time I read either was… sometime in highschool, Sophomore year if I had to guess? So… 2010/11?

Both of them heavily influenced my writing, more in terms of setting and general atmosphere with some themes.

Game of Thrones is fun to read, but it didn’t have the impact on my own writing and myself those other books did.

I love Rick Riordan’s books, my favorites are Kane’s Chronicle. Also, I like Diary of a Wimpy Kid.